Interesting Circumcision Research

Waynish

I perusing some research and got sucked into some Googling... And I found a few articles that made me - as a circumcised male - think about his life:

Effect of neonatal circumcision on pain response during subsequent routine vaccination. - PubMed - NCBI
http://www.mensstudies.info/OJS/index.php/IJMH/article/view/614
How Male Circumcision Harms Women
Male Circumcision: Pain, Trauma and Psychosexual Sequelae

I hope you find them interesting too - and do add any related research that interests you :)

i wonder how the reversal processes work. I have heard that wearing weights can elastically re-create the foreskin...

you can have amazing sensitivity even if you are circumcized. I don't think it's good to be circumsized but ifyou are, you can still feel incredible sensation.

Rafe

That actually would explain a lot.

Social control and a future market for sexual performance drugs.

I like that last article especially b/c it describes pretty well what I take RP to be talking about wrt totalitarian, illusory cultural imperatives. Saving.

Similarly, I ran into this last week:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAXantm4tE

mujuro

From the 3rd link:

"It is possible to compare circumcision rates by country to prevalence of male abuses toward women that include violence, repression, isolation, murder, rape, and forced marriage. The ten worst countries for women are Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Nepal, Sudan, Guatemala, Mali, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Somalia. Eight of these countries have a male circumcision rate that exceeds 80%. Two other countries have a rate between 20% and 80%."

Or it could be, ya know, Islam and poverty maybe?

sladerunner69

you can have amazing sensitivity even if you are circumcized. I don't think it's good to be circumsized but ifyou are, you can still feel incredible sensation.

Yeah the main studies show that there was o statistical significance reported between guys who were and weren't circumcised, as well as the guys who got circumcised when they were adults almost all said there wasn't a difference in pleasure. I think something to be concerned with though is keratinization of the glands, which could plausibly decrease sensitivity it would seem.