“Interactions Of Cyproheptadine And Methysergide With LSD On Sensory Evoked Activity.”

Waynish

Can anyone get the rest of this paper? :)

Abstract
In light of the visual manifestation of LSD intoxication and the experimental evidence of LSD actions on visual afferent information we have investigated the effects of LSD on primary and convergence areas for visual and somatic sensory activity in a-chloralose-anesthetized cats. The effects of cyproheptadine (CYP) and methysergide (MET) on the preferential depression of visual evoked activity by 100 mcg/kg LSD are detailed. CYP, 1 mg/kg was without effect on the sensory evoked potentials at primary or convergence sites. When administered with LSD, CYP blocked the LSDdepresslon of primary visual activity. At convergence sites CYP reversed the LSD effect resulting in facilltatlon. MET, 1 mg/kg, alone facilitated primary visual cortical responses (260X), but potentlated the LSD-depresslon of cortical visual projections. A reduction in serotonergic activity is insufficient to explain the effects of LSD on sensory evoked activity. Rather a combination of inhibition of raphe activity and postsynaptic stimulation appears to be involved. However, the MET which has been reported to produce mild hallucinations in humans, potentiated the effects of LSD.

ddjd

I actually took cyproheptadine last time I took LSD and it made my trip several hours shorter than my friends

Dhair

I believe haidut said that cyproheptadine could stop an LSD trip in its tracks. I will try to find the quote. It's an old post. Others have mentioned that it has that effect as well.

Makrosky

I don't think it's a good idea to mix those. Unexpected things can happen. Using a moderate/big dose of a benzodiaepine can stop it also and seems much safer. This has been tried extensively and it works.

Dhair

I don't think it's a good idea to mix those. Unexpected things can happen. Using a moderate/big dose of a benzodiaepine can stop it also and seems much safer. This has been tried extensively and it works.
Why would it be dangerous? The cyproheptadine is simply blocking the visual hallucinations due to its serotonin antagonism. An 8mg+ dose would probably be needed to stop it completely. I do not see how they are contraindicated in any way. I think Such Saturation mentioned that he knew someone who tried cypro and LSD at once and "nothing happened."

Frankdee20

I actually took cyproheptadine last time I took LSD and it made my trip several hours shorter than my friends

Yeah, because LSD also agonizes serotonin receptors, and taking cypro would block LSD at certain receptors. LSD is all over the map.

Makrosky

Why would it be dangerous? The cyproheptadine is simply blocking the visual hallucinations due to its serotonin antagonism. An 8mg+ dose would probably be needed to stop it completely. I do not see how they are contraindicated in any way. I think Such Saturation mentioned that he knew someone who tried cypro and LSD at once and "nothing happened."
Do what you want. LSD is a very powerful mind altering substance in MANY ways. Not only visual hallucinations. Cypro also can have mind altering properties i.e. can cause depression in some people, can have withdrawal effects, can create some sort of visual hallucinations too (@Such_Saturation experienced this IIRC), etc. If you mix both substances the results can be unexpected. The last thing you want if you're having a bad trip and want to stop it is introducing new variables. It makes no sense to me knowing that Benzos are much safer for that purpose. It is just my opinion and experience.

Frankdee20

Do what you want. LSD is a very powerful mind altering substance in MANY ways. Not only visual hallucinations. Cypro also can have mind altering properties i.e. can cause depression in some people, can have withdrawal effects, can create some sort of visual hallucinations too (@Such_Saturation experienced this IIRC), etc. If you mix both substances the results can be unexpected. The last thing you want if you're having a bad trip and want to stop it is introducing new variables. It makes no sense to me knowing that Benzos are much safer for that purpose. It is just my opinion and experience.

Well, sir, you are biased towards me based on the gay ***t, but I must say, your right

Frankdee20

LSD is a totally different realm of mind altering substances, proceed with caution to all the newbies, AXID remains strong, but the amazing thing about it is it’s not addictive, but be ready for your mind to be split into pieces, I know everything about dichotomy, ambivalence, paradoxes, and counterfactual hypothesis of ones so called life, there is beauty in thought.... Dare to tread ....

Frankdee20

Life is funny, and if people are inclined, God speaks in riddles, my riddle says, I have no business on this Earth, I have been trying to assert that for 20 years

Frankdee20

I don’t want this anymore, I do not want to feel my failure, my souls value isn’t based on material, pragmatic, tangible standards.... it’s based on the depths I’m able to dare God.. God doesn’t judge me based upon what I achieved in life.. i know who I am with a soul.... but life’s inhabitants only care what’s in your material possession.:.. then, I ask God, why do I breath in the morning, am I truly an anomaly.... I have no buisiness on the planet, I beg for death, and the more I do, the more life rears it’s ugly head... life wants something out of me, why ?

Let Go

I believe haidut said that cyproheptadine could stop an LSD trip in its tracks. I will try to find the quote. It's an old post. Others have mentioned that it has that effect as well.
Ritanserin

OP
W

Waynish

I don’t want this anymore, I do not want to feel my failure, my souls value isn’t based on material, pragmatic, tangible standards.... it’s based on the depths I’m able to dare God.. God doesn’t judge me based upon what I achieved in life.. i know who I am with a soul.... but life’s inhabitants only care what’s in your material possession.:.. then, I ask God, why do I breath in the morning, am I truly an anomaly.... I have no buisiness on the planet, I beg for death, and the more I do, the more life rears it’s ugly head... life wants something out of me, why ?

Pretty off topic... You should examine your defeatist thoughts. You're acting like life owes you something... For example, why shouldn't it be all suffering? Maybe this is so you can learn right concentration and detachment...

Makrosky

Well, sir, you are biased towards me based on the gay ***t, but I must say, your right
I'm not biased towards anyone. I'm trying to give a well intentioned advice based on my theoretical and practical experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals