Intentional Hyperthyroidism

iPeat

Hello, everyone. I've heard Dr. Peat mention cases of people who purposefully sent themselves into a hyperthyroid state in order to correct a health issue. He has also said that it was safe, if you're careful and use an appropriately proportioned thyroid supplement. I'm paraphrasing - I don't remember the exact wording he used.

Has anyone tried this?

peateats1

It might be ok if you eat enough calories., otherwise it might raise your temps by causing a stress reaction.
I can get my temperature up to 99 in the afternoons by drinking coffee, Coca Cola, and eating plenty. I also take thyroid but it alone does not work for me.

One can be hypermetabolic without being hyperthyroid. Maybe it's a safer solution.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

It might be ok if you eat enough calories., otherwise it might raise your temps by causing a stress reaction.
I can get my temperature up to 99 in the afternoons by drinking coffee, Coca Cola, and eating plenty. I also take thyroid but it alone does not work for me.

I've been trying to nail down the right thyroid dose for over 2 years. The temps and pulse thing just doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm kinda thinking I just go for the gusto and just push it over the edge a little bit. I think it was Blake who said that you don't know what's enough until you know what's too much.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

One can be hypermetabolic without being hyperthyroid. Maybe it's a safer solution.

I've tried that route - I mean I really tried. My metabolism just won't speed up; I just keep gaining weight. I'm thinking that maybe going slightly hyperthyroid might turn into hyper-metabolism.

I've tried that route - I mean I really tried. My metabolism just won't speed up; I just keep gaining weight. I'm thinking that maybe going slightly hyperthyroid might turn into hyper-metabolism.

What's your diet? Do you take cyproheptadine? Methylene Blue?

OP
iPeat

iPeat

What's your diet? Do you take cyproheptadine? Methylene Blue?

I drink a lot of non-fat milk, some OJ, and a sensible dinner (usually beef with rice or potatoes) with a lot of light snacking throughout the day (cheese, fruit, carrots, gummy bears, coffee, etc.). I supplement gelatin. No PUFA. Typical Peat stuff.

I've taken quite a bit of cypro on and off. 4mg/day at most.

I took 2mg/day MB for 4 months. Never noticed anything expect a weird feeling in my head after awhile so I stopped.

I've taken quite a bit of cypro on and off. 4mg/day at most.

I took 2mg/day MB for 4 months. Never noticed anything expect a weird feeling in my head after awhile so I stopped.

You have just found the reason for weight gain. Cypro is known to make you fat. Methylene Blue is less known as fat gainer but it is. At least for me MB makes me fat incredibly fast in mcg doses, my last MB experiment made me gain 15+ kg in a matter of weeks.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

You have just found the reason for weight gain. Cypro is known to make you fat. Methylene Blue is less known as fat gainer but it is. At least for me MB makes me fat incredibly fast in mcg doses, my last MB experiment made me gain 15+ kg in a matter of weeks.

I've never heard of MB making you fat. I haven't taken it for awhile. I'll definitely keep note of that if I take it again.

All of weight gain occurred early in my Peat days, when I was only messing around with food and thyroid. I first attempted cypro in order to lower cortisol. I believe my previous diet/lifestyle may have given me a pseudo-Cushing's situation, and I thought cypro would help that. It didn't help that but maybe I didn't take enough.

Which leads me to the hyperthyroid hypothesis. Peat has mentioned that it corrected hormonal imbalances (specifically estrogen) for some people, so after pretty much everything else I tried failed at raising my metabolism, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I've tried many variations of T3:T4, and NDT over the years. I seem to do best with roughly a 2:1 T4:T3 ratio. I'm currently taking 61.25mcg T3 and 120mcg T4 (1.25 Cynomel, 1 Cynoplus) in little pieces every 2 hours. I worked up to this dose over the course of a few months.

While I have had periods where my heart rate seemed high and temps were good, I'm never sweaty, I never got out-of-breath easily, which Peat has said were the signs of too much thyroid. I also get freezing cold hands and shiver whenever I experience any physical stress like cold weather. So I'm curious if anyone else had attempted this and what their experience was.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Just want to update this for anyone following. I kept at the last thyroid dose for about 2 months. For some reason, my body just wouldn't produce the classical hyperthyroid symptoms with the dose I was on. One day I got really lightheaded and had a weird feeling in my heart and mind. My gut was telling me to stop what I was doing with the thyroid, and even though I usually force myself to push through these feelings, this time was different and I immediately drastically dropped my dosages. I dropped T4 from 120mcg to 30mcg, and T3 from 61.25mcg to 25mcg.

I knew dropping it that fast was stupid, but I just knew something was wrong and wanted to get out quick. In hindsight, I should've taken it slower. Within 2 days I started getting what I think were PVCs (premature ventricular contractions). I would get a very powerful "pause" sensation in my chest, followed by a really strong thump heartbeat. These lasted for about 3 weeks.

After 2 weeks of 30mcg of T4, I dropped it altogether. I'm now taking 15-25mcg of T3 per day and the PVCs are 99% gone. Funny thing is my temps and pulse now are exactly what they were on the high dose, besides a day or two where I dropped into a high 50s resting pulse. That was about a week after the initial dose drop.

My waking temp is 98.2-98.4 going up to about 99 during the day, and resting pulse is usually mid 80s. I still feel like I'm hypothyroid though so go figure.

Just wanted to share my experience. Getting myself into a safe hyperthyroid state isn't as easy as I thought. I may try to take myself there with T3 alone and will share here if I do.

Vajra

?? Through what?

K

Kayaker

Isn't it normal for temperature to rise to 99 in the afternoon? Mine goes up to 99.3 mid-day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals