Intense Unrequited Love? Hypo/serotonin Connection

Constatine

Serotonin antagonists seem to promote feeling of love and "oneness" for me. Almost to where its somewhat harmful.

Serotonin antagonists seem to promote feeling of love and "oneness" for me. Almost to where its somewhat harmful.

Is this towards one person or all of humanity?

I've been pondering why Jesus didn't come back as a endocrinologist with a double major in biochemistry and access to USAM ICBMs loaded with custom haidut-designed chemical warheads with airburst capabilities.

I mean if he wanted to promote brotherly love so much, what better way?

Constatine

Is this towards one person or all of humanity?

I've been pondering why Jesus didn't come back as a endocrinologist with a double major in biochemistry and access to USAM ICBMs loaded with custom haidut-designed chemical warheads with airburst capabilities.

I mean if he wanted to promote brotherly love so much, what better way?
Lol. Lsd bombs. Just more love to those I already love.

churchmouth

After a first date, I just got rejected by a girl that had been pursuing me on Tinder for a couple of months. I actually didn't think we were that suited (and I had some concern for her FIFO lifestyle/ health/weight) but I enjoyed the company on the date and thought I'd ask her for a second one especially since the social interaction is good for me. She said the classic line that I am very nice but she didn't feel the connection and you can just tell she is ready to close communication off.

The emotional backlash for a girl I wasn't super keen on, has been really startling. Really intense feelings of loss, unrequited love, despair. It has been about three hours of the rollercoaster and I am starting to feel the emotions starting to stabilise (that effect of 'time heals grief', it kind of feels like my ego is hardening up again). I would love to understand why feelings can be unbearably intense and what chemical it is related to - and it's a double edged sword.. it can feel so blissful sometimes thinking about a girl. I do appear to have high total testosterone and high E2 from labs (prolactin nice and low though). I also do wonder if these episodes take their toll on my health and my psych.

B

Braveheart

After a first date, I just got rejected by a girl that had been pursuing me on Tinder for a couple of months. I actually didn't think we were that suited (and I had some concern for her FIFO lifestyle/ health/weight) but I enjoyed the company on the date and thought I'd ask her for a second one especially since the social interaction is good for me. She said the classic line that I am very nice but she didn't feel the connection and you can just tell she is ready to close communication off.

The emotional backlash for a girl I wasn't super keen on, has been really startling. Really intense feelings of loss, unrequited love, despair. It has been about three hours of the rollercoaster and I am starting to feel the emotions starting to stabilise (that effect of 'time heals grief', it kind of feels like my ego is hardening up again). I would love to understand why feelings can be unbearably intense and what chemical it is related to - and it's a double edged sword.. it can feel so blissful sometimes thinking about a girl. I do appear to have high total testosterone and high E2 from labs (prolactin nice and low though). I also do wonder if these episodes take their toll on my health and my psych.
Simple....Your ego is not your amigo....

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFoster

Some biological parallels to social hypersensitivity include nerve excitability (as with fear, anxiety and epilepsy), sensitivity to various allergens and lastly reactions associated with migraine: disgust and even nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and a dramatic aversion to one's environment (as with the desire for seclusion while with others, or alternatively the need for support when alone.)

johnwester130

do any of you guys or gals think that intense unrequited love is something that's related to metabolism and serotonin?i feel it would make sense that that would be the behavior of a weak organism?

No.

Maybe your metabolism is 100% perfect, and you just have unrequited love for someone.

Dhair

No.

Maybe your metabolism is 100% perfect, and you just have unrequited love for someone.
Couldn't disagree more.
A man who is healthy both physically and mentally has an abundance mentality. It really is that simple. The line between unrequited love and obsession is so blurry that it can always be cause for concern. It is healthy to question it.

Spartan300

Hi, I’ve been here for a long time and hadn’t expected my first post to be on this subject but I believe there’s a close correlation between my metabolic decline & a case of unrequited love.

It’s likely that for years (decades) I had been digging myself into a deeper hole with gym sessions that were too demanding coupled with pufa diet/avoidance of saturated fat & salt for years and this person came along and became a huge distraction at the wrong time.

This person married into the family and we clicked from the start, however it’s never going to be what I would like it to be. As my feelings grew my health seems to have declined.

For a couple of years I’ve been consuming the wealth of advice here & applying it as much as I can. In spite of all of the diet modifications, reduced training, experimentation with supplements I’m not really much better off. Libido, sleep and ability to push & recover in the gym are all frustratingly still poor.

I’ve recently started with some estroban & now trying low dose androsterone. These seem to be making me feel a little more resilient. I also feel like my mindset is improving and enabling me to see the situation with a more rational perspective. That said my temps are still lousy – 35.8 on waking yesterday… Been cold my whole life. Raynauld’s sufferer since teens..

Weirdly I had a spell for just short of a week about a year ago when my temps came up and when my head hit the pillow I went straight into a deep sleep, slept through & woke up feeling like I was 25 again. (Actually early 50s…) I wracked my brain (still do) about what was different for that time but couldn’t see anything diet/supplements related. I was having some good times with good friends which is why I think so much of this is about mental health. Feeling better I hit the gym a bit harder & was back to square 1…..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals