Intense Stress During Passage Of Food Through Large Intestine

OP
C
Just wanted to comment on this statement. I just did a 2 week course of this and it didn't work at all. breath test metrics stayed the same on second test.
I basically found out my stomach acid is extremely low, I am on 5 hcl betaine pills and I dont feel any warming in my gut yet.

Anyone solve for methane based sibo yet?

Sorry to hear it, man.

Don't know how to treat methane-based SIBO. I strongly suspect that like you, I have low stomach acid.

OP
C
Do HCL betaine challenge to find out.

I have gastritis, too, so I'm not sure betaine HCl would be great for my stomach.

apr

I have gastritis, too, so I'm not sure betaine HCl would be great for my stomach.
How are you doing CN? Has anything given you relief?

I was much better for weeks and then this week 'the feels' started up again along with high blood pressure and high pulse. This sets me into a panic mode and I start acting like a sick person again. I had been back to acting normal before. It just sucks.

A few months back I did a catecholamine test (ordered by my cardio) which came back negative. But when I took the results to an endocrinologist (who will be testing my thyroid next week) she said it was incomplete and wants to do it again. The thought of it puts me in a panic mode and just makes everything worse. I do not want to do it, and honestly, do not even want to go back to the drs. My cardio insists my heart is ok despite the BP shooting up into danger zone levels. The other two "conditions" I have are SVT and a diverticula.

I consulted with a shrink who put me on 12.5 Seroquel (it acts on H2 receptors at that dose) which helps me to at least get a good nights sleep each night. Without it I do not sleep at all.

They all think it is due to anxiety, which I do not deny having. But I do not feel anxiety was the initial cause in Mar 2020. It came on suddenly after a cold (maybe COVID) and am now wondering if it could be a long haul symptom. I once read where Peat said the coronas have an affinity for the gut. But do they come and just unpack there bags there and stay? How to remove?

I did a gut test and while I do have a small amount of candida, I also do not think that is what caused the instant 'feels' I got the first time in Mar.

Sorry to ramble. Really wanted to just know how you are doing, and to bring myself back into the convo in case anyone has anything to add that might help.

Thanks

OP
C
How are you doing CN? Has anything given you relief?

I was much better for weeks and then this week 'the feels' started up again along with high blood pressure and high pulse. This sets me into a panic mode and I start acting like a sick person again. I had been back to acting normal before. It just sucks.

A few months back I did a catecholamine test (ordered by my cardio) which came back negative. But when I took the results to an endocrinologist (who will be testing my thyroid next week) she said it was incomplete and wants to do it again. The thought of it puts me in a panic mode and just makes everything worse. I do not want to do it, and honestly, do not even want to go back to the drs. My cardio insists my heart is ok despite the BP shooting up into danger zone levels. The other two "conditions" I have are SVT and a diverticula.

I consulted with a shrink who put me on 12.5 Seroquel (it acts on H2 receptors at that dose) which helps me to at least get a good nights sleep each night. Without it I do not sleep at all.

They all think it is due to anxiety, which I do not deny having. But I do not feel anxiety was the initial cause in Mar 2020. It came on suddenly after a cold (maybe COVID) and am now wondering if it could be a long haul symptom. I once read where Peat said the coronas have an affinity for the gut. But do they come and just unpack there bags there and stay? How to remove?

I did a gut test and while I do have a small amount of candida, I also do not think that is what caused the instant 'feels' I got the first time in Mar.

Sorry to ramble. Really wanted to just know how you are doing, and to bring myself back into the convo in case anyone has anything to add that might help.

Thanks

Sorry you're having a rough time again, @apr. And yes, it's a punch in the gut to see yourself recovering and suddenly lose your progress. I had exactly this experience a few weeks ago.

I'd guess that RP's advice for dealing with a coronavirus infection of the GI would track the more general advice he's given in interviews. I highly recommend his March 2021KMUD interview and his interviews from last spring on John Barkhausen's Politics and Science program. I'm not completely caught up, but I'm guessing he's hit this this topic in other recent interviews as well.

I was making progress, went through some mild work-related stress in early June, and now my endotoxin symptoms are pretty intense again.

Dragulescu

Sorry you're having a rough time again, @apr. And yes, it's a punch in the gut to see yourself recovering and suddenly lose your progress. I had exactly this experience a few weeks ago.

I'd guess that RP's advice for dealing with a coronavirus infection of the GI would track the more general advice he's given in interviews. I highly recommend his March 2021KMUD interview and his interviews from last spring on John Barkhausen's Politics and Science program. I'm not completely caught up, but I'm guessing he's hit this this topic in other recent interviews as well.

I was making progress, went through some mild work-related stress in early June, and now my endotoxin symptoms are pretty intense again.
Have dealt with same things as you. Understand it can take over 40 hours to pass through colon, so if u do something wrong, eat silica, nanoparticles, or starch, or soluble fibre(even in fruit), u can be messed up for over 40 hours, it is especially intense when it hits the colon, can relate to that.

Carrots help a lot but again, they take 40 hours to take effect, and only when no soluble-fiber or starch is eaten. When the carrot finally makes the full trip, you will experience IMMENSE relief and euphoria, and return of appetite, improved posture, sweating, and no goiter. ORAL (not topical) vitamin d without silica 10,000 iu(at least), along with milk are the best things u can do for your colon health. Get carbs only from non-pectin fruit juice, and honey. Even the skin of something like grape, or inside of mango will seriously increase endotoxin. Be strict. When dealing with intestine, one has to be 100% following the strictest Peat principles.

Lactose is immensely healing in this situation. Some yogurt can help too, just dont have pectin or gums in it. Avoid bull**** supplements.

OP
C
Have dealt with same things as you. Understand it can take over 40 hours to pass through colon, so if u do something wrong, eat silica, nanoparticles, or starch, or soluble fibre(even in fruit), u can be messed up for over 40 hours, it is especially intense when it hits the colon, can relate to that.

Carrots help a lot but again, they take 40 hours to take effect, and only when no soluble-fiber or starch is eaten. When the carrot finally makes the full trip, you will experience IMMENSE relief and euphoria, and return of appetite, improved posture, sweating, and no goiter. ORAL (not topical) vitamin d without silica 10,000 iu(at least), along with milk are the best things u can do for your colon health. Get carbs only from non-pectin fruit juice, and honey. Even the skin of something like grape, or inside of mango will seriously increase endotoxin. Be strict. When dealing with intestine, one has to be 100% following the strictest Peat principles.

Lactose is immensely healing in this situation. Some yogurt can help too, just dont have pectin or gums in it. Avoid bull**** supplements.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, @Dragulescu.

Your advice rings true for me, but because of gastritis, I don't think I can follow much of it at the moment.

All the fruit juices I've tried trigger my gastritis (so do most oral supplements, including vitamin D), and I don't eat starch, so I'm stuck eating fruit for carbs and minerals. I get the softest, sweetest fruit I can find, but it still has fiber, which, as you suggest, contributes to my endotoxin problems. I also suspect that I'm not digesting protein as fully as I should be.

When I've been able to tolerate milk, my endotoxin symptoms have generally improved, but lately, milk (not cheese) has been constipating me pretty badly.

I eat raw carrots daily, and often cooked bamboo shoots as well.

Dragulescu

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, @Dragulescu.

Your advice rings true for me, but because of gastritis, I don't think I can follow much of it at the moment.

All the fruit juices I've tried trigger my gastritis (so do most oral supplements, including vitamin D), and I don't eat starch, so I'm stuck eating fruit for carbs and minerals. I get the softest, sweetest fruit I can find, but it still has fiber, which, as you suggest, contributes to my endotoxin problems. I also suspect that I'm not digesting protein as fully as I should be.

When I've been able to tolerate milk, my endotoxin symptoms have generally improved, but lately, milk (not cheese) has been constipating me pretty badly.

I eat raw carrots daily, and often cooked bamboo shoots as well.
Do quality supplements without silica irritate?

I think vitamin d is important for extreme food intolerances, and soothes the gut.

The soluble fiber is a potent causer of constipation, and once constipated, any protein in that low-motility state could potentially putrefy, leading to weight loss and catabolism, and irritability.

Try replacing the fruit juice with honey, lots of fruit juice ends up being acidic and the acid is harsh on the gut.

Is tongue white?

OP
C
Do quality supplements without silica irritate?

I think vitamin d is important for extreme food intolerances, and soothes the gut.

The soluble fiber is a potent causer of constipation, and once constipated, any protein in that low-motility state could potentially putrefy, leading to weight loss and catabolism, and irritability.

Try replacing the fruit juice with honey, lots of fruit juice ends up being acidic and the acid is harsh on the gut.

Is tongue white?

I appreciate your suggestions.

Yes, almost every oral supplement I've tried irritates my stomach, including ones without silica. I've been using IdeaLabs' vitamin D topically, usually 8-10k IU daily.

No, my tongue looks good. No discoloration.

I don't drink fruit juice at the moment. I eat some honey, but because it is poor in magnesium and potassium, I can't use it as my primary carb source, and I seem to be stuck eating fruit, which does not irritate my stomach or constipate me, but does feed bacteria.

OP
C
If I can fix the gastritis, my nutrition will improve, and it will be easier to tackle my other problems...

Dragulescu

If I can fix the gastritis, my nutrition will improve, and it will be easier to tackle my other problems...
Wasnt the main issue inflammation of the colon when passing through?

When it comes to very intense digestive reactions, they tend to take place in the colon because thats where most bacteria are.

Your tongue is not white, so you definitely dont have sibo, or a problem in the upper tract.

You dont have gastritis. You have a chronically inflamed colon, which is in a constant reduced state due to endotoxin, nitric oxide, and serotonin. Cascara is your friend in this situation. Quinones are good, K2, and honestly if it was severe opt for tetracyclines or other antibiotics. The reason Ray actually recommends Oral vs topical D in some situations is because it passes through to the liver in larger amounts, helping with the cholestasis associated with Endotoxin.

Do you suffer from skin issues or , HPA axis dysfunction(Low DHEA)?

OP
C
Wasnt the main issue inflammation of the colon when passing through?

Yes, exactly.

In addition, I also have a stomach problem discussed in another thread. When I ingest a triggering substance -- fruit juice, coffee, chocolate, vinegar, tocopherols, MCT oil, vitamin powders, etc. -- I get a stress reaction within minutes, sometimes within seconds. This problem is distinct from (though perhaps related to) the inflammation of the colon.

You have a chronically inflamed colon, which is in a constant reduced state due to endotoxin, nitric oxide, and serotonin. Cascara is your friend in this situation. Quinones are good, K2, and honestly if it was severe opt for tetracyclines or other antibiotics. The reason Ray actually recommends Oral vs topical D in some situations is because it passes through to the liver in larger amounts, helping with the cholestasis associated with Endotoxin.

All very helpful. Thank you.

I forgot that I quit cascara a few weeks before the recent surge in my lower GI symptoms. RP has said that cascara lowers nitric oxide and other inflammatory mediators. I still had lower GI symptoms even with cascara, but I'll bet that you're right and that dropping cascara may have made matters much worse.

I'll try to get back to my old cascara regimen and also work with penicillin or the tetracyclines. I find IdeaLabs' Lapodin (emodin + beta lapachone) helpful, too, though I can't take much of it. I'll try increasing my dose gradually.

Do you suffer from skin issues or , HPA axis dysfunction(Low DHEA)?

I sometimes get flaky skin for short periods of time. I definitely have chronic HPA axis dysfunction.

Last edited:

Dragulescu

Yes, exactly.

In addition, I also have a stomach problem discussed in another thread. When I ingest a triggering substance -- fruit juice, coffee, chocolate, vinegar, tocopherols, MCT oil, vitamin powders, etc. -- I get a stress reaction within minutes, sometimes within seconds. This problem is distinct from (though perhaps related to) the inflammation of the colon.

I forgot that I quit cascara a few weeks before the recent surge in my lower GI symptoms. RP has said that cascara lowers nitric oxide and other inflammatory mediators. I still had lower GI symptoms even with cascara, but I'll bet that you're right and that dropping cascara may have made matters much worse.

I'll try to get back to my old cascara regimen and also work with penicillin or the tetracyclines. I find IdeaLabs' Lapodin (emodin + beta lapachone) helpful, too, though I can't take much of it. I'll try increasing my dose gradually.
Has progesterone or pregnenolone helped you. Pregnenolone and Lidocaine helped Ray a lot he had HPA dysfunction and endotoxin for years.

OP
C
Has progesterone or pregnenolone helped you. Pregnenolone and Lidocaine helped Ray a lot he had HPA dysfunction and endotoxin for years.

Progest-E used to help, but when I developed gastritis, I could no longer put Progest-E on my gums or swallow it. (Tocopherols are one of my worst triggers for gastritis.) Now, I have to put Progest-E on my skin, and it absorbs poorly.

If I could fix the gastritis, I could take large doses of Progest-E orally, I could drink coffee, I could reduce my fiber intake by substituting some juice for fruit, etc., all of which would be great for my colon. These are some of the reasons I said fixing gastritis would make it easier to solve my other problems.

If you have any thoughts on healing my stomach, I'd be very glad to hear them.

Dragulescu

Yes, exactly.

I sometimes get flaky skin for short periods of time. I definitely have chronic HPA axis dysfunction.
Progest-E used to help, but when I developed gastritis, I could no longer put Progest-E on my gums or swallow it. (Tocopherols are one of my worst triggers for gastritis.) Now, I have to put Progest-E on my skin, and it absorbs poorly.

If I could fix the gastritis, I could take large doses of Progest-E orally, I could drink coffee, I could reduce my fiber intake by substituting some juice for fruit, etc., all of which would be great for my colon. These are some of the reasons I said fixing gastritis would make it easier to solve my other problems.

If you have any thoughts on healing my stomach, I'd be very glad t

Is your intense gastritis symptoms consist of cold, adrenaline, racing heart,

or is it more like pain, burning, wired, uncomfortable and miserable.

OP
C
Is your intense gastritis symptoms consist of cold, adrenaline, racing heart,

or is it more like pain, burning, wired, uncomfortable and miserable.

When the gastritis is intense, I get cold, racing heart, and pain around stomach or left side of chest. (My heart is OK; the chest pain seems to be "referred" from the stomach.)

apr

Sorry as well for you. We seem to take a few steps forward, then many back.

Thank you for the recommended reading....will follow up.

Continuing to follow this thread and the good advice given. I have no idea what I have so am willing to try anything at this point.