Intelligent People Tend To Be Messy, Stay Awake Longer, And Swear More

Simonsays

F******g well cant be bothered to find the link, but its out there. Ohh ***t, seen the time and look at f******g the state of the place as well.

jaguar43

I disagree, there is probably a correlation but causality isn't there.

acrylic

This study is complete BS. Full of so many methodological errors.

From Stuart Ritchie (@StuartJRitchie) | Twitter:

"1) The study doesn't say that high-IQ people 'swear more' - it says that, when asked, they know more taboo words. Not the same thing.

2) The thing about being a night owl isn't peer-reviewed & is just published on someone's blog. Shouldn't be repeated in newspaper stories.

3) The 'messy desk' study is a) nothing to with IQ whatsoever and b) utterly terrible, as shown here: Rolf Zwaan: 50 Questions About Messy Rooms and Clean Data

So it's crap in every way, really. Welp, have a nice day everyone."

OP
S

Simonsays

******* ********* ******* ***** ** **** ****** :jawdrop:sorry cant disclose these words, they are seriously taboo. (still awake, hoover still broken);)

lvysaur

Also remember that women with big butts birth more intelligent children, because the lower body fat has more brain essential PUFAs :^)

jaguar43

Also remember that women with big butts birth more intelligent children, because the lower body fat has more brain essential PUFAs :^)

WOW, please tell me that your trying to be funny >

A large butt as an indicator for intelligent children ? I guess if that's true then kim kardashian has the most intelligent kid to ever live !

Last edited:

lvysaur

WOW, please tell me that your trying to be funny >

A largue butt as an indicator for intelligent children ? I guess if that's true then kim kardashian has the most intelligent kid to ever live !

I was referencing another equally ridiculous pop-sci news article that keeps making the rounds.

DaveFoster

Hold on, let me %$(@ing post this at 2 AM after I find my mouse underneath all these cans of OJ concentrate.

CoolTweetPete

Damn, two outta three. I'll stop making my bed if it gets me into Mensa.

paymanz

Of topic,I just read a study recently showing niacin deficiency make mouses to have better performance in water maze.specific kind of memory or IQ improved with niacin shortage!

X3CyO

****************************************************************************** :artist: