Insulin resistant and underweight

ursidae

What is wrong with people who cannot handle high calories without insulin resistance getting worse but who lose far too much weight that they need when they exercise and eat a diet that alleviates their insulin resistance?

Ive noticed most normal-weight insulin resistant people can very easily maintain their weight while undereating/eating vegetable-based diets and doing cardio (example: Elephanto)

help

youngsinatra

What is wrong with people who cannot handle high calories without insulin resistance getting worse but who lose far too much weight that they need when they exercise and eat a diet that alleviates their insulin resistance?

Ive noticed most normal-weight insulin resistant people can very easily maintain their weight while undereating/eating vegetable-based diets and doing cardio (example: Elephanto)

help
What regimen do you think does alleviate insulin resistance?

Under-eating, eating plant-based, eating lots of PUFAs from nuts and vegetable oils and doing a lot of aerobic exercise surely does lead to a low metabolic rate, which in turns enables the individual to maintain their weight even with low amounts of total calories.

I have good insulin sensitivity by eating a high carb, moderate protein and low fat diet, with quite a lot of calories. Insulin resistance is caused by excess dietary fat or excess amounts of circulating free fatty acids, which are most often liberated by adrenaline / stress.

A few things like Fatty Acid Oxidation Inhibitors (FAO-I) can help with insulin resistance. Pyrucet, niacinamide, thiamine, biotin and magnesium all help with glucose oxidation by lowering free fatty acids and because they support enzymes involved in oxidative metabolism.

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

Yes yes doing those things helps my insulin sensitivity but it makes me lose too much weight. When I start adding fat (MUFA and SFA) to my starch weight normalises but PCOS symptoms flare up (hirsutism, acne, painful periods).

youngsinatra

Yes yes doing those things helps my insulin sensitivity but it makes me lose too much weight. When I start adding fat (MUFA and SFA) to my starch weight normalises but PCOS symptoms flare up (hirsutism, acne, painful periods).
Dear lady, do you know how many calories you are eating on a daily basis?
Fats are very calorically dense, whereas carbohydrates and proteins have only about half as much caloric density, so you could be just undereating calories. You could begin to just increase the amount of meals or portion size. Or is lack of hunger also part of the problem?

Greetings,
Simon

P

Peatness

Dr. B

What regimen do you think does alleviate insulin resistance?

Under-eating, eating plant-based, eating lots of PUFAs from nuts and vegetable oils and doing a lot of aerobic exercise surely does lead to a low metabolic rate, which in turns enables the individual to maintain their weight even with low amounts of total calories.

I have good insulin sensitivity by eating a high carb, moderate protein and low fat diet, with quite a lot of calories. Insulin resistance is caused by excess dietary fat or excess amounts of circulating free fatty acids, which are most often liberated by adrenaline / stress.

A few things like Fatty Acid Oxidation Inhibitors (FAO-I) can help with insulin resistance. Pyrucet, niacinamide, thiamine, biotin and magnesium all help with glucose oxidation by lowering free fatty acids and because they support enzymes involved in oxidative metabolism.
if you supplement those b vitamins or pyrucet, could that inhibit fatty acid oxidation too much, to where the body becomes reliant entirely on sugar, which can even drive up cortisol and cause organs/muscles to be disintegrated to use for sugars? aspirin and pyrucet seem to have a catabolic effect on me, like i get this specific burning in the muscles which only occurs if i dont eat protein, or do too much cardio, or do fasted cardio...

OP
U

ursidae

I found this today, it answers my question somewhat

High serum dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate is associated with phenotypic acne and a reduced risk of abdominal obesity in women with polycystic ovary syndrome

“High DHEAS levels in PCOS women were associated with a significantly reduced risk of abdominal obesity, independent of the serum total testosterone concentration and IR. The inverse relationship between obesity and acne in women with PCOS can be partially explained by the negative association between serum DHEAS concentration and obesity, regardless of age and testosterone level.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals