Insulin Resistance: Your personal experience

OP
U

ursidae

I’ve not had a ton of free time but I quickly read up on insulin resistance .

corrections are welcome:

so insulin resistance is caused by decrease of the receptors GLUT4 that transport glucose into the cells?
Pancreas then overcompensates for the high glucose levels in blood by producing more insulin to overcome the loss of sensitivity, and when that is effective it leads to hypoglycaemia. I tracked my blood sugar pretty consistently for months and had a 2 hour glucose tolerance test. Never got those hypoglycaemic episodes

My 2 hour OGTT was not normal. However I did it months ago when I didn’t know I should be taking TTFD due to my use of metronidazole and the B1 deficiency it causes

1622579099124.jpeg

1622579114131.png

Insulin way too high at 120 min mark, glucose stayed elevated, didn’t return to normal level

This was in December. I don’t know what the situation is right now since taking a lot of zinc, B vitamins, TTFD, exercise. I’ll do a test probably end of June. My acne has improved quite a bit so I’d assume it’s better

And the hypotheses:
Insulin receptors are impaired by excess metabolic fat which increases blood viscosity. More so abdominal fat than dietary fat. I have never in my life accumulated abdominal fat even in the period of very elevated cortisol and despite the hyperinsulinemia. All my first degree relatives are prone to accumulating abdominal fat. No fatty liver. In fact I remain very lean no matter how much I eat

Don’t have hypertension, high triglycerides, abdominal fat- the common symptoms of such metabolic disturbance

So am I ingesting too much glucose for my cells’ needs so the “gateways” get closed? I respond well to exercise but it does not completely cure my PCOS symptoms such as hirsutism and acne. TTFD did make my excess sebum that was caused by high GI foods/ tons of calories go away. But I can’t take TTFD indefinitely because I need to take a b complex with it and I feel like it’s putting a strain on my liver and kidneys

Then there’s damage of the glut 4 receptors by tumour necrosis factor alpha that’s associated with high IGF-1. My IGF-1 was above the reference range and I respond badly to dairy which contains IGF1. Reasons for high IGF1- abdominal fat (I don’t have it) and hypersensitivity reactions.
So am I constantly ingesting something I’m allergic to?

Would be interested in some answers on why I can’t for the life of me gain weight but am similar hormonally to someone that should be obese?

Last edited: