Instapot CARAMEL From Liquid Whey Leftover From Cottage Cheese

YamnayaMommy

I have been making cottage cheese from skim milk in my instapot and trying to figure out what to do with the leftover whey liquid.

I found a recipe for whey caramel and it was super easy. The caramel is for my kids, since I’m avoiding whey to see if minimizing tryptophan has any value. They loved it.

Here is the recipe. She does not use an instant pot, but i has no problem doing it in mine.

Whey Caramel Recipe on Food52

Michael Mohn

Thanks for sharing, Mommy!

I used to buy a certain organic milk and it went sour quickly. I just let it stand then in the warmth for another day and a nice lump of cottage cheese would form. I then boiled the liquid with some lemon juice and the whey fell out as ricotta but the return of ricotta cheese is quite low.
Waste cooking is fun.

Dr. B

Thanks for sharing, Mommy!

I used to buy a certain organic milk and it went sour quickly. I just let it stand then in the warmth for another day and a nice lump of cottage cheese would form. I then boiled the liquid with some lemon juice and the whey fell out as ricotta but the return of ricotta cheese is quite low.
Waste cooking is fun.
its that easy to make cottage and ricotta cheese? just let it sit out in the warmth?
doesnt milk need to be raw and have all its fat for this

Michael Mohn

its that easy to make cottage and ricotta cheese? just let it sit out in the warmth?
doesnt milk need to be raw and have all its fat for this
Most cheese is made from pasteurised milk and I took 1.8% fat milk. Cheese was made accidentally.