Instant Hypertension Cure

Discussion in 'Messtafarian' started by messtafarian, Aug 22, 2013.

1. messtafarian

messtafarian Member

First the good news.

Anyone who wants a testimonial to the Amazing Effectiveness of Peat Principles can refer to the following:

Tested Blood Pressure throughout the summer:

Highest: 165/101
    Average: 151/95

Last week, with blood pressure medication: 135/87

Today at the doctor's office, after one week of eating according to Peat principles, adding simple sugar to my diet, cutting out PUFA, and adding progesterone, aspirin, OJ: WITHOUT MEDICATION --

122/70.

2. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

3. OP
    messtafarian

messtafarian Member

I know, crazy, right?
    Things I did not do that the doctor told me to do:

Cut out salt.
    Cut out caffeine.
    Cut out Alcohol altogether -- I had two glasses of wine three days ago and one very badly timed one last night. However given the massive amounts of salt and sugar I had to consume to shut down the reactive hypoglycemia you would think my BP would be skyrocketing this morning.

Nope.

Also, did not stop chewing my nicotine gum. Which means that my BP was 122/70 *with nicotine in me*. Which means it's probably low now. Which means...it's probably actually fixed as long as I stick with the aspirin, progesterone and OJ. Dr. Peat also mentioned Vit/K but I wonder if I should even try that now.

4. charlie

Incredible. Everything is backwards and upside down. :rolling

5. OP
    messtafarian

messtafarian Member

:). Peat: Making doctors very confused, one result at a time.

6. charlie

How much salt are you using?

7. OP
    messtafarian

messtafarian Member

I never thought about it. I am not using extra salt, but using it pretty liberally wherever I can. I keep eating those gluten free old fashioned corn tostada shells fried in coconut oil. I know they're a low-quality choice but I think they're semi-Peatian and I might be eating them just for the salt.

8. charlie

Ok, was just wondering. Thank you. :hattip

9. OP
    messtafarian

messtafarian Member

Why so curious, Charlie? I am curious.

10. charlie

Oh there was another member who started using salt and his blood pressure immediately lowered. Just wondered if you were doing the same.

Wait, maybe it was edema that he had. :doh

11. OP
    messtafarian

messtafarian Member

I am not sure where salt fits in, according to the Peativerse. Conventional doctors though have been admonishing heart patients to stop eating salt since the mid-eighties; and it was a specific recommendation she made to me. Problem is -- realistically -- in my opinion nobody can really do this so it doesn't matter whether it works or it doesn't.

Doc Peat sent me a number of articles naming progesterone as a mitigator of heart conditions. I *know* that is something different in my daily life along with the aspirin so I was moving towards attributing it to that.

12. charlie

Peat says to salt food to taste.

Trying to get my dads blood pressure down, so thats another reason I am trying to fish out some info on your thread. He is using progesterone on a skin cancer spot. So I might tell his to take some internally too. He is already doing aspirin.

13. OP
    messtafarian

messtafarian Member

In my original correspondence with the doc he mentioned that Vit K was specifically therapeutic because it acted on metabolism earlier in the reaction chain than the calcium that was being modulated by the calcium channel blocker I was taking.

I just ordered some and I'm going to keep monitoring. I might still need it. The only other specific supplement I've been using is magnesium but as I said I'm going to dial back because of my tummy and because of the craptons of coffee I drink. RP likes coffee as a supplement as well.

14. j.

j. Guest

Before Peating, salt really messed me up and gave me extremely strong heart palpitations. So there is something true about salt being bad in some context, but in the context of Peat eating salt is good.

15. j.

j. Guest

Do you use magnesium sulfate (epsom salts).

16. OP
    messtafarian

messtafarian Member

No, not yet. But the magnesium I've got is topical. I'm going to halve it though along with the progesterone. Really considering the caffeine and the nicotine my blood pressure was a little *low* this morning.

17. jaguar43

jaguar43 Member

Are you eating starches ?

18. OP
    messtafarian

messtafarian Member

Yes, but this is partially because I am having trouble adjusting to all the acids in this diet. Broda Barnes talked about giving fruit, and "enough starches to avoid diarrhea". I eat potatoes and white rice -- non-fortified puffed rice, potato buds ( dehydrated potato flakes) and also boiled potato and boiled basmati rice. Lots of salt on all of it. :)