Instant coffee smells and tastes terribly sour

Astolfo

Is it a sign to avoid? I need to get my caffeine, and as the prices are continuously getting higher my only choice is getting the cheapest instant coffee I could find. It smells sour and tastes pungent sour. The taste is nothing like a coffee. What are the chances that it's full of mold, is made of rotten coffee beans, is contaminated during processing or contaminated from the aluminium packaging?

Perry Staltic

Is it a sign to avoid? I need to get my caffeine, and as the prices are continuously getting higher my only choice is getting the cheapest instant coffee I could find. It smells sour and tastes pungent sour. The taste is nothing like a coffee. What are the chances that it's full of mold, is made of rotten coffee beans, is contaminated during processing or contaminated from the aluminium packaging?

Research the chemicals used to make decaf

TheSir

my only choice is getting the cheapest instant coffee
You don't have caffeine pills/tabs available? Even better, pure caffeine powder? That would be the most cost-effective solution so long as caffeine is the only thing in coffee you care about.

Herbie

I drink instant, I buy an organic one using Latin American beans. All the regular mainstream ones are horrible, it’s fine if your one of those people who put one tea spoon in but if your like me and pour like 1/4 jar in for one coffee, it’s very evident how bad most brands are.

Avoid anything dark/espresso/black as it’s really burnt and rank.

OP
A

Astolfo

You don't have caffeine pills/tabs available? Even better, pure caffeine powder? That would be the most cost-effective solution so long as caffeine is the only thing in coffee you care about.
Yes I have but I care about the other active substances in coffee too. I don't really know why I wrote like that in OP, it must be my dementia progressed much.

amd

Look into the quality of the beans (brand) used to make the instant coffee, then check if it is the process the cause of the oxidation/rancidity.

(N=1) Decaf ground coffee smells like normal ground coffee (Arabica).

BearWithMe

Have you ever had a coffee?

Peater Piper

I've been drinking instant for years and seem better for it, better than when I was drinking drip coffee.

BearWithMe

By the way, this thread is really sad.

We have normalized that people can't afford emergency surgeries, we have normalized that people can't afford place to live, we have normalized that people can't afford normal food, we have normalized that people can't afford gas to heat the place they are renting, and now we are apparently normalizing that people can't afford a fking cup of normal, non-rancid coffee.

This society is fked up beyond recovery and I'm wondering if Schwab's Great reset could be much worse than this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals