Insomnia With Thyroid Supplementation

Centsmom

I always get insomnia with any thyroid supplementation . It affects me this way no matter how small , or which one I use . Any thoughts on this ?

TeaRex14

I had this problem as well for a while. It eventually stopped, and unfortunately, I can't quite put my finger on what I did to alleviate this problem. I think it was a combination of things. Firstly, I just think the body has to get use to extra thyroid hormone. I mean most people can go years and years in a hypothyroid state and all the suddenly adding extra hormone can really be stimulating. Secondly, increasing your thyroid hormone might drive up your caloric demand as well. In other words, what use to be your caloric "sweet spot" may actually not be enough anymore and you need to increase the amount of food you're eating. Also eating smaller, less spaced out, meals will help keep you blood sugar more steady which is important for thyroid hormone to function properly. 3 large meals a day simply doesn't pair well with thyroid supplements in my experience. Lastly, dividing up your thyroid dosage is probably the best move. Don't take all of your dose at one time.

ddjd

It's raising your Estrogen. It's quite a common symptom for some of us

Idk if this is what you experience which is like an all day wired feeling? but if this is the case its because adrenaline and or cortisol has come way up, you could take thyroid alongside something that increase gaba, so trying it with pharmagaba or nicainmide or ltheanine, these would possibly blunt it, I had trouble when i first started taking it and either working on cortisol or liver was able to help bring down the wired feeling i constantly had on it.

OP
Centsmom

Centsmom

I had this problem as well for a while. It eventually stopped, and unfortunately, I can't quite put my finger on what I did to alleviate this problem. I think it was a combination of things. Firstly, I just think the body has to get use to extra thyroid hormone. I mean most people can go years and years in a hypothyroid state and all the suddenly adding extra hormone can really be stimulating. Secondly, increasing your thyroid hormone might drive up your caloric demand as well. In other words, what use to be your caloric "sweet spot" may actually not be enough anymore and you need to increase the amount of food you're eating. Also eating smaller, less spaced out, meals will help keep you blood sugar more steady which is important for thyroid hormone to function properly. 3 large meals a day simply doesn't pair well with thyroid supplements in my experience. Lastly, dividing up your thyroid dosage is probably the best move. Don't take all of your dose at one time.
Thank you ! This made a lot of sense .

OP
Centsmom

Centsmom

It's raising your Estrogen. It's quite a common symptom for some of us
Idk if this is what you experience which is like an all day wired feeling? but if this is the case its because adrenaline and or cortisol has come way up, you could take thyroid alongside something that increase gaba, so trying it with pharmagaba or nicainmide or ltheanine, these would possibly blunt it, I had trouble when i first started taking it and either working on cortisol or liver was able to help bring down the wired feeling i constantly had on it.
I do take the max recommended dose of asprin and Niacinimide , the Peat reccomends . I will try your reccimendation of pharmagaba ,
ltheanine . Thanks !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals