Insomnia - Inhibiting Audio Neurotransmission

J

james2388

I'm having some serious problems sleeping. I like to think about it being bad for more than a couple of days and it's seems this happens every week if I really wanted to keep track of it.

My problems is mainly a restless body, I can never get comfortable, and I'm always listening, I could never fall asleep in front of the TV, sometimes a fan is distracting, and more so currently my AC is. I can't sleep with ear plugs or noise canceling because I have tinnitus, I never hear it in the day, literally only at night. I'm not sure if this is a melatonin issue. Or possibly an extremely low serotonin problem or maybe its high serotonin, I'm sure I can read about people on antidepressants that experience insomnia, but I'm not on antidepressants, just for some correlation there. I have tried other herbal stuff and frankly not a believer in, as they may cause liver damage and possibly GI distress.

Time to get back on glycine powder and some magnesium bicarbonate and buy a hot chocolate mix and maybe mix that with chamomile tea and half milk. I guess it's the idea of indepence that sometimes I want to lean myself away from supplements or try without them and end up going back.

But interestingly enough I can see the relationship between restless body, and hyperactive awareness of audio. I see this as the nerves really need to be slowed down a bit, hence neurotransmitter inhibition.

opethfeldt

This definitely sounds more like high serotonin than low. Tinnitus, being hyper vigilant. You ever try cypro? It's helped me and a lot of other people, though I don't use it anymore. Theanine has a similar effect on serotonin, though it makes it hard for me to fall asleep if taken too close to bed time so watch out for that.

Energizer

Yeah, good thyroid function enables the nerves to return to relaxation quickly from excitation. I had chronic insomnia for my entire life before I started taking a thyroid supplement and would only fall asleep from exhaustion after being awake the entire night. Now I fall asleep quite easily. Some people are able to restore their thyroid function without a thyroid supplement, but it can be helpful for the cases where there are chronic unresolved health issues that don't respond with the traditional approaches.

Parrot

I either sleep really well or really poorly.

I have only just started taking one to teaspoons of raw honey just before bed and have been sleeping through the night. Salt with the honey also seems to promote a very deep sleep for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals