Insomnia following the virus

HLP

Had the virus, didn't test. Managed just fine. Recovered but now have insomnia. Any ideas?

Had the virus, didn't test. Managed just fine. Recovered but now have insomnia. Any ideas?
Raw honey at bedtime, natural vitamin during the day, topical vitamin D and Progest-E at bedtime, and you might even try some gelatin is in the early evening.

OP
HLP

HLP

Thank you. Will try this. Before the virus I slept like a teenager @8 hours per night solid. Now it takes 2-3 hours to fall asleep. Will keep you posted.

Lollipop2

When I find it difficult to sleep I drink 6-8 oz milk with one to two tsp. honey and 2 aspirin. Works like a charm within 1/2 hr I am sleeping and sleep the whole night through.

Thank you. Will try this. Before the virus I slept like a teenager @8 hours per night solid. Now it takes 2-3 hours to fall asleep. Will keep you posted.
I feel for you. What a miserable time it is dealing with insomnia.

FoodForeal

You know what else can cause insomnia? EMFs. Evidence for a connection between coronavirus disease-19 and exposure to radiofrequency radiation from wireless communications including 5G
Radio EMF 5G Covid Flu.jfif.jpg

OP
HLP

HLP

I live in the middle of no where. My bedroom is solid concrete except for two doors and no windows. No electronics in my room at all, not even a clock.

OP
HLP

HLP

When I find it difficult to sleep I drink 6-8 oz milk with one to two tsp. honey and 2 aspirin. Works like a charm within 1/2 hr I am sleeping and sleep the whole night through.

OP
HLP

HLP

Thanks will try. Slept quicker and deeper last night. Probably due to sheer exhaustion from the day before. Spent 15 hrs in emerge with Grandma. Lewy Body Dementia end stages. Finally got her in bed at 3 am and settled myself at 4 am but woke at 8am!!

daveoutside

Same thing happened to me, I played around with my food but the thing that got me back into a sleeping rhythm was a 36-hour fast. And after the fast I realized I was eating way too much for lunch.

nomoreketones

Same problem. I got COVID three days ago. Mild case except for severe insomnia. I have not been able to sleep more than a hour here or there since I got COVID. I feel more tired than I have ever felt but just can't sleep!

Who here has been able to cure insomnia caused by COVID?

nomoreketones

Bump.

It's been a couple more days and I still have the horrible COVID insomnia. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this?

Maybe this will help trigger some ideas:
1. Tired as hell but not sleepy
2. Wired + Tired Feeling
3. Feels like a dirty energy is surging through my body that keeps me awake
4. Periods of mania come and go where I have a ton of energy. In between I feel really tired but never sleepy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bump.

It's been a couple more days and I still have the horrible COVID insomnia. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this?

2. Wired + Tired Feeling
4. Periods of mania come and go where I have a ton of energy. In between I feel really tired but never sleepy.

Anyone have any ideas?
Lots of gelatin, especially at bedtime.

artist

I had really screwed up sleep until supplementing b5 for like a week and somehow that fixed it for me. I’m not sure if my sleep issues were post viral or not, so may not apply to you but could be worth a try. I took 500mg once and then like 100mg a day. This was very recent and if my sleep gets bad again I will take more b5 but so far I’m still coasting on that initial dose. I felt super sleepy at bedtime in a way I hadn’t for like a year, and I started being able to wake up at a normal time again and it feels like the sleep I get is good quality now.

lampofred

Bump.

2. Wired + Tired Feeling

Anyone have any ideas?

I think prune juice would get rid of that "dirty energy" feeling. I know what you are talking about.

nomoreketones

Thanks for the ideas!

The problem resolved on its own on day 7 of the COVID illness. I finally started feeling sleepy again and I am able to sleep now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals