Insomnia During Lutheal Phase

P.G.Marjorie

Hi, does anybody know, why every cycle during lutheal phase I cant manage to fall asleep? Tossing and turning, cant shut down my brain. Then I fall asleep like at 4am. After many attempts to fall asleep. Once I had to take lexaurin to finally calm my mind and fall asleep. What is causing that please? Thank You.

Orion

You could have low progesterone to knock back down the estrogen surge. Excess estrogen can cause rising cortisol = poor sleep:

Aging, estrogen, and progesterone

"For example, the follicular phase is a time of low steroid production by the ovary, until near the end of the phase, just before ovulation, when estrogen rises. The luteal phase is a time of high estrogen and high progesterone synthesis."

Hot flashes, energy, and aging

"This causes the familiar rise in temperature when ovulation occurs. Occasionally, young women will experience hot flashes during the luteal phase of their menstrual cycle because of insufficient progesterone production, or at menstruation, when the corpus luteus stops producing progesterone."

Things that help make pregnenolone, could help raise your progesterone; thyroid, vitamin A and cholesterol. Avoiding PUFA, carrot salad/activated charcoal to reduce estrogen/endotoxin.

Lastly things that help you move away from fat oxidation to glucose oxidation will be very helpful, B1/B3/B5, caffeine and aspirin.

OP
P.G.Marjorie

P.G.Marjorie

Thx for nice response. Im not sure if I have insufficient progesterone. Because when I was taking progesteron cream, it was the same, maybe even worse with higher doses. I sleep well till the few days after ovulation. And during ovulation estrogen is very high without any progesterone.

Orion

Thx for nice response. Im not sure if I have insufficient progesterone. Because when I was taking progesteron cream, it was the same, maybe even worse with higher doses. I sleep well till the few days after ovulation. And during ovulation estrogen is very high without any progesterone.

Then it could be that you are not excreting the estrogen efficiently, progesterone will unbind it but if you can't eliminate it quickly could cause the cortisol rising issues.

This would be where carrot salad, antibiotics, activated charcoal, etc could be helpful. Also restorative sleep requires lots of energy, so sugar, salt, saturated fat, low liquid intake before bed could be helpful. Keeping big glass of salted OJ on nightstand for wakeups could be helpful, definitely helped me fall back to sleep with past night wakings.

OP
P.G.Marjorie

P.G.Marjorie

Thank You. That sounds like a possible cause. Sluggish liver or something like that. I eat protein with sugars and trying to keep the fat low.

HLP

Try some brown paper bag breathing after you get in bed. Ignatia amara 30 ch is good for quieting the brain. Don't drink too much water, especially in the evening, it is too stimulating. For sure try the P5P formulas for vitamin B2 and B6. Pepcid and or Cyproheptadine is helpful in the evening for sleep. For all of these aforementioned items, less is more. Start with a low dose, as it doesn't take much. I sleep like a ton of bricks almost every night, like 8-10 hours straight and I will be 60 in a few months. Also, create some white noise as in a bathroom fan to drown out sporadic noises. This is how I sleep through some of the worst thunder storms ever.

naprox

Try some brown paper bag breathing after you get in bed. Ignatia amara 30 ch is good for quieting the brain. Don't drink too much water, especially in the evening, it is too stimulating. For sure try the P5P formulas for vitamin B2 and B6. Pepcid and or Cyproheptadine is helpful in the evening for sleep. For all of these aforementioned items, less is more. Start with a low dose, as it doesn't take much. I sleep like a ton of bricks almost every night, like 8-10 hours straight and I will be 60 in a few months. Also, create some white noise as in a bathroom fan to drown out sporadic noises. This is how I sleep through some of the worst thunder storms ever.

Thanks i will try this

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals