Insomnia Caused By Rhodiola Rosea? Please Help :((

success23

Please help me reverse this.. i took this herb for only 2 days and now i am 5 days of hell. It all started when i got some bad news from work, got like a panick attack and i was up for the first 2 days. After that i started reading the forum and concluded that it is a serotonin syndrome ( because i drank like 500ml of milk to feel better about the bad news). On the end of the 2nd night i took 3 grams of aspirin and menaged to sleep for 7 hours.

I thought that everything is over and got a good cup of coffee to treat myself and further lower serotonin. To be honest that coffee was the best coffee i have ever taste ( or atleast in a while).I felt very good but now i can not even fall asleep for a moment.

Do you have any idea why this is happening? At first thought it was a stress reaction but i took 5grams of glycine and felt no improvements, also trid various gaba antagonist and again nothing, magnesium - noting, more salt and sugar - nothing.. RR is supposed to be a COMT inhibitor - maybe that's why its happening?

I only tried it because i wanted some energy for work :(((

What should i do ?

Diokine

Rhodiola is an especially potent MAO and cholinesterase inhibitor, and I believe this effect can be fairly long lasting. I've learned to be very careful with it. The uncomfortable stimulation will wear off with some time, things that can potentially help some of the symptoms would be higher dose niacinamide (150-200mg every 2 hours,) glycine, bag breathing, and bright sunlight. I've found tulsi tea to be an effective anxiety reducer as well. You'll want to make sure your taking deep, full breaths that stretch your diaphragm. Riboflavin deficiency can greatly exaggerate the time needed to restore MAO activity, some liver (but not too much) or nutritional yeast broth with salt may be a good source. Cyproheptadine in small doses (1mg) may also be effective.

Last edited:
OP
S

success23

Oh thank you for the fast reply.. i was going crazy trying to figure what the hell was happening..

Do you think that i should take some choline/tmg with the the niacin?