Inside calf pain

iLoveSugar

I woke up this morning with some left calf pain thats sensitive to the touch. I dont remember hurting or tweaking it. Anyone have any pain that is sensitive to the touch, almost feels as if its bruised and the skin burns where it hurts? I don't see any swelling or redness or anything.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Deep vein thrombosis?

This happened once to Dr. T.C. McDaniel, the developer of Zeta Aid. He wrote about it in his book ‘Disease Reprieve’. He was sitting long in a car during a trip and this happened to him despite his knowledge on the Zeta Potential and it’s connection to blood clot formation.
First he drank his Zeta Aid but it wouldn’t dissolve the clot. So he administered an IV made from his Zeta Aid, probably with saline solution, and he was able then to dissolve the blood clot.

Maybe you should go and see a doctor? If it is a blood clot, it could be dangerous, if it gets dislodged it can travel to the lungs and cause an embolism.

It could also be just a leg cramp, that sometimes happens to me during sleep. Then I take some magnesium and that resolved it quickly.

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

This might be helpful:

If you are athletic, sometimes you can injure that section of the gastrocnemius, in tennis for example, but if not athletic, might need to get it checked out.
I do bowl which hurts my knee. But nothing jumps out to me as injuring it to where my calf burns the way it does.

Birdie

Which knee. When did you bowl last? Are you right handed? Sometimes you don't feel it when it happens. Sometimes you just notice it after time.

I'm prone to shin splints and need to stretch my calves often. When I get pain, I alternate hot and cold packs and rub something like Aspercreme or Traumeel. Once the pain starts with shin splints, you really have to rest the calf and do treatment on it. Not something to play through.

What I meant is that if you aren't athletic, and it isn't an injury, you should get it checked out. However, it sounds like you would benefit from a good assessment so you know what the problem is.