Inosine - Uric Acid - Any Experiences?

dookie

Apparently inosine is a neuroprotective supplement, which is being investigated as a remedy for Parkinson's disease.

Inosine works primarily by raising uric acid.

Estrogen decreases uric acid, while thyroid increases uric acid.

People with gout (high uric acid) are remarkably protected against MS, Alzheimer, Parkinson's, etc.

Check this information about it: Uric Acid and Inosine Increases IQ, Productivity and Lifespan - Selfhacked

It's available from Source Naturals and Swanson's in 500 mg pills.

Anyone have experience with it?

Is this a peaty supplement?

Koveras

I believe Haidut was looking into marketing an inosine supplement.

I've tried both inosine and ATP and did not notice much - but I suspect my uric acid is already fairly high with a high fructose intake. In fact soon after starting ATP and inosine, I noticed the appearance of possible gout symptoms, such as stiff joints upon waking when my temperature was lower. Seems to have been resolved by stopping the supplements and improving thyroid function.

My wife continues to take them and seems to benefit quite a bit with clearer thinking and a feeling of calmness.

OP
D

dookie

I believe Haidut was looking into marketing an inosine supplement.

I've tried both inosine and ATP and did not notice much - but I suspect my uric acid is already fairly high with a high fructose intake. In fact soon after starting ATP and inosine, I noticed the appearance of possible gout symptoms, such as stiff joints upon waking when my temperature was lower. Seems to have been resolved by stopping the supplements and improving thyroid function.

My wife continues to take them and seems to benefit quite a bit with clearer thinking and a feeling of calmness.

Thanks for your feedback. A few questions,
How long time did it take for gout symptoms to appear and what doses did you use?
What brands did you use of inosine and ATP?
How long for symptoms to disappear after you stopped supplements?
Were the symptoms so bothersome that even if you had noticed benefits from the supplements, you would have discontinued the use?

natedawggh

Apparently inosine is a neuroprotective supplement, which is being investigated as a remedy for Parkinson's disease.

Inosine works primarily by raising uric acid.

Estrogen decreases uric acid, while thyroid increases uric acid.

People with gout (high uric acid) are remarkably protected against MS, Alzheimer, Parkinson's, etc.

Check this information about it: Uric Acid and Inosine Increases IQ, Productivity and Lifespan - Selfhacked

It's available from Source Naturals and Swanson's in 500 mg pills.

Anyone have experience with it?

Is this a peaty supplement?

I noticed a significant increase in metabolism for two days, then it stopped. Mostly I got extremely itchy from the silica...because I had a hard time finding any sources without silica. I have been using a silica free brand for a while now, and it has a very slight effect on stimulating my pulse and heat, but not much. It also gives me insomnia if I take it toward bedtime (which makes sense because Uric acid is a stimulant). I have a feeling that the body is very good at maintaining whatever homeostasis for Uric acid it wants to, and probably have to raise Uric acid through other indirect means.

Koveras

Thanks for your feedback. A few questions,
How long time did it take for gout symptoms to appear and what doses did you use?
What brands did you use of inosine and ATP?
How long for symptoms to disappear after you stopped supplements?
Were the symptoms so bothersome that even if you had noticed benefits from the supplements, you would have discontinued the use?

Was using Swanson Peak ATP 400mg and Swanson Inosine 500mg.

Took a couple weeks to develop and a couple again to dissipate after stopping. The symptoms weren't overly bothersome but I stopped mostly for fear of them progressing.

OP
D

dookie

Was using Swanson Peak ATP 400mg and Swanson Inosine 500mg.

Took a couple weeks to develop and a couple again to dissipate after stopping. The symptoms weren't overly bothersome but I stopped mostly for fear of them progressing.

Did you find it improved or damaged your sleep in any way?

charmer

I read that inositol hexaphospate (IP-6) is a powerful immune stimulant, turns out it is a simple phytic acid.

DaveFoster

Strong bump. Any experiences? I'm going to try it out. Haidut says inosine completely counters the negatives to caffeine (makes sense if inosine is an adenosine agonist).

@haidut Do you know inosine's half-life? These guys think it's 5 minutes:
: SciBX: Science-Business eXchange

"In any case, Schneider suggested that systemic delivery routes are likely to be challenging because of the small molecule's short plasma half-life. “Greater than 95% of inosine is cleared from the plasma within 5 minutes,” he noted. “I don't think systemic delivery for inosine will be possible, as the compound is metabolized so fast that you likely won't be able to get sufficient amounts of it into the brain.”

Last edited:

Parsifal

Sorry for the newbie question but what is the difference between urea and uric acid? I've been toying a bit with urea since 2 weeks and it helps me a lot, mostly helps for anhedonia and brain fog. If it's not the same, does urea increase uric acid?

High_Prob

I am really wanting to try Inosine but then I see the following study...of course it's only a petri dish study...ehhhhh f*ck it, I'm purchasing some Inosine

Inosine Strongly Enhances Proliferation of Human C32 Melanoma Cells through PLC‐PKC‐MEK1/2‐ERK1/2 and PI3K Pathways

Inosine Strongly Enhances Proliferation of Human C32 Melanoma Cells through PLC-PKC-MEK1/2-ERK1/2 and PI3K Pathways

Abstract

Malignant melanoma is the most deadly type of skin cancer. The lack of effective pharmacological approaches for this tumour can be related to the incomplete understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms involved in melanoma cell proliferation. Adenosine has growth-promoting and growth inhibitory effects on tumour cells. We aimed to investigate effects of adenosine and its metabolic product, inosine, on human C32 melanoma cells and the signalling pathways involved. The 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyl tetrazolium bromide (MTT) reduction and bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) proliferation assays were used to evaluate adenosine, adenosine deaminase and inosine effects, in the absence or presence of adenosine receptor (AR), A3AR and P2Y1R antagonists and PLC, PKC, MEK1/2 and PI3K inhibitors. ERK1/2 levels were determined using an ELISA kit. Adenosine and inosine levels were quantified using an enzyme-coupled assay. Adenosine caused cell proliferation through AR activation. Adenosine deaminase increased inosine levels (nanomolar concentrations) on the extracellular space, in a time-dependent manner, inducing proliferation through A3AR activation. Micromolar concentrations of inosine enhanced proliferation through A3AR activation, causing an increase in ERK1/2 levels, and P2Y1R activation via ENT-dependent mechanisms. We propose the simultaneous activation of PLC-PKC-MEK1/2-ERK1/2 and PI3K pathways as the main mechanism responsible for the proliferative effect elicited by inosine and its significant role in melanoma cancer progression.

Regina

I just ordered this one:

Amazon.com: Anabol Naturals Inosine Pure Powder, 50 gms: Health & Personal Care

Seemed reasonable to just try it out
That is the inosine I bought as well.
Just tried my first dose this evening. I only did 1/4 tsp 30 minutes before aikido class.
I did not notice anything.
Class went fine. No pain but I'm still prone to a wheezy air hunger plus speedy feeling (noradrenalin) during contact.
No feeling of a need to recover after class.
I'll dose the same tomorrow. Unless anybody else has more dosing experience, I'd be happy to hear.

Tarmander

That is the inosine I bought as well.
Just tried my first dose this evening. I only did 1/4 tsp 30 minutes before aikido class.
I did not notice anything.
Class went fine. No pain but I'm still prone to a wheezy air hunger plus speedy feeling (noradrenalin) during contact.
No feeling of a need to recover after class.
I'll dose the same tomorrow. Unless anybody else has more dosing experience, I'd be happy to hear.

I tried it once and also did not feel anything, about the same dose you did. I haven't made my way back around to it to give it a proper experiment yet.

Regina

I had to skip yesterday to nurse an injury. (I tied my hakama funny and kept rolling on the knot in the small of my back. duhhh and ouch).

I upped the inosine dose a bit today (maybe 1/2 tsp) and took it about an hour before class.
I did not huff n puff much at all tonight. And we did a ton of throws and my spine was still bruised from the knot. But it was a nice teacher and I worked with people with pleasant energy. I definitely could have stayed for the 2nd class.

I'll test inosine again on Monday an hour before class. I'll be noting whether the energy-suck happens based on training with jerks and/or can I manage keeping my energy regardless of the partner's vibe if I supplement inosine to restrain NE. I mean, there is no sign on the door, "No psychopaths allowed." It is a dojo; you train with everyone.
Generally, a throw is a throw and you just receive attacks. But I am very sensitive to dark energy.

ddjd

Inosine is awesome at reducing Adrenaline. It really works well.

Has anyone found a clean powder for sale?

Broken man

I started with 400 mg and increased it to 800 mg per day. Its the best supplement for me now. I have more bowel movements, gym training was awesome and perfect mental clarity. Only thing is the kidney problem which I am trying to improve with taurine.