(Inosine + Niacinamide) Just Cured (or Treated) My Bipolar Depression

OP
C

CoconutEffect

So lithium carbonate is reducing Adrenaline?

“Chronic consumption of lithium blocks the release of adrenalin from the adrenal glands, and it also has extensive antiserotonin effects, inhibiting its release from some sites, and blocking its actions at others.

Lithium forms a complex with the ammonia molecule, and since the ammonia molecule mimics the effects of serotonin, especially in fatigue, this could be involved in lithium’s antiserotonergic effects. Ammonia, like serotonin, impairs mitochondrial energy production (at a minimum, it uses energy in being converted to urea), so anti-ammonia, anti-serotonin agents make more energy available for adaptation. Lithium has been demonstrated to restore the energy metabolism of mitochondria (Gulidova, 1977).”

Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease

ddjd

“Chronic consumption of lithium blocks the release of adrenalin from the adrenal glands, and it also has extensive antiserotonin effects, inhibiting its release from some sites, and blocking its actions at others.

Lithium forms a complex with the ammonia molecule, and since the ammonia molecule mimics the effects of serotonin, especially in fatigue, this could be involved in lithium’s antiserotonergic effects. Ammonia, like serotonin, impairs mitochondrial energy production (at a minimum, it uses energy in being converted to urea), so anti-ammonia, anti-serotonin agents make more energy available for adaptation. Lithium has been demonstrated to restore the energy metabolism of mitochondria (Gulidova, 1977).”

wow it sounds incredible. ive actually got some lithium orotate, is that a good one to try. and what were you saying about dangerous toxicity issues?

ddjd

@haidut do you know anything about lithium reducing serotonin and adrenaline?

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut do you know anything about lithium reducing serotonin and adrenaline?

Yes, lithium is well known to lower adrenaline and possibly serotonin. Peat spoke about this in one of his articles and said sodium is a safer alternative to lithium to lower adrenaline and serotonin, but the two are pretty similar in effects.

Frankdee20

So interesting about Lapodin.
Before Peating, I got really into herbs and use to brew and ingest large amounts of Pau D' Arco tea. The anti-depressant effects were remarkable but lasted only a day at a time - and then no response at all. First time my mood had lifted in years, so it was a quasi-religious experience.
You might call that remission 1.
Remission 2 was with the anti-convulsant Dilantin. (Is anyone familiar with Jack Dreyfus and his work with Dilantin?)
I was tracking cytokines back then and, TGF beta 1 and MMP9 had been particularly high, 5x the reference range or so. While in a remission on Dilantin those markers completely normalized. I believe I developed Pgp multi drug resistance, very common in refractory epilepsy, and so Dilantin no longer works, along with all the anti convulsant/and bipolar mood stabilizers in that class. (this is why I'm on Klonopin)
MMP9 is inhibited by Beta-Lapachone according to a study @haidut posted.
So obviously I bought Lapodin as soon as it came out (thinking alternative delivery would make a difference and also, drinking a gallon of tea wasn't tenable anyway) no response with Lapodin.

@mujuro or @haidut, has Lapodin changed since its initial release?
I remember it staining my wrists a bit to the point where I couldn't really take it daily.
What dose were you using mujuro? Topically, orally?
Should I give Panquinone a shot? @haidut

Will try Uridine and report back!

See that’s unfortunate, drug resistance

Frankdee20

Yes, lithium is well known to lower adrenaline and possibly serotonin. Peat spoke about this in one of his articles and said sodium is a safer alternative to lithium to lower adrenaline and serotonin, but the two are pretty similar in effects.

Is Lithium Orotate or OTC Lithium safe ?
I need to try something to help keep my moods stable. Obviously, Depakote, Dilantin, Tegretol, Lamictal, etc., aren’t a permanent solution

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is Lithium Orotate or OTC Lithium safe ?
I need to try something to help keep my moods stable. Obviously, Depakote, Dilantin, Tegretol, Lamictal, etc., aren’t a permanent solution

I don't know how safe they are but the dosage they provide (5mg lithium per pill) is supported by studies as still having beneficial effects while being much safer than the 60mg+ of lithium carbonate used for mood disorders.

Light

hopefully cured, but we shall see.
1 gram of each
pretty sure it's the combination of the two, complete reversal of mood within 20 minutes?

I take large doses of inosine all the time as it seems to help with creativity/songwriting, never helped my mood
And I've taken niacinamide before but never at the same time as inosine

I am Bipolar 2 and was researching the forum looking for alternatives to Klonopin (only mood stabilizer that works) and found Haidut's recommendation to take Inosine and Niacinamide together. Thanks @haidut

Please ask away/offer suggestions - I plan to continue on this combination at 1g TID
Hi @dilantinoid , are you still using inosine+niacinamide?
Did this work for the long term?

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Hi there

no, combination stopped working unfortunately
Using minocycline + aspirin, google that.
Added famotodine and more gelatin
Microdosing the ergot alkaloids.

No_Energy

It should have been mentioned in the original post that you used it for 2 days.. specially when you are using words like "cure"... *edit: or "treated".

Last edited:
OP
C

CoconutEffect

Hi Inaut,

I eventually had go back on Klonopin. I was able to start a business and some kind of life, though it was very one-sided. Fast forward, 5 years later, I spent the last 20 months in withdrawal.

Suffered severely but I got through it.

My business is still alive, it survived the lockdowns. I had to start Gabapentin last year, as the panic wasn’t going away, and after Ray emailed me to say that it can “sometimes be protective”

I am still on Gabapentin. It keeps the panic away. I had to also add Imidazenil.

I moved near the beach in NY. I’m writing music again and my life is more balanced than it’s ever been but I still have a ways to go in that regard.

I’m finding Robert Greene’s books very helpful.

I’m in heavy psychoanalysis every week.

Empathogens have helped tremendously, sometimes with the blue mushroom. The red mushrooms are very interesting, and I’ve had intense shamanic experiences on both of them

It would seem that I have had low gaba signaling my whole life. I am hyper-mobile, on the marfans / ehlers danlos spectrum, and have long suspected that that was at the root of a lot my suffering.

It still believe I will wean off everything, perhaps when summer comes I’ll do it more intelligently. I’m am waiting (impatiently) for Brexanalone to becomes available, and I miss my former psychologist Dr Peterson very much.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
So interesting about Lapodin.
Before Peating, I got really into herbs and use to brew and ingest large amounts of Pau D' Arco tea. The anti-depressant effects were remarkable but lasted only a day at a time - and then no response at all. First time my mood had lifted in years, so it was a quasi-religious experience.
You might call that remission 1.
Remission 2 was with the anti-convulsant Dilantin. (Is anyone familiar with Jack Dreyfus and his work with Dilantin?)
I was tracking cytokines back then and, TGF beta 1 and MMP9 had been particularly high, 5x the reference range or so. While in a remission on Dilantin those markers completely normalized. I believe I developed Pgp multi drug resistance, very common in refractory epilepsy, and so Dilantin no longer works, along with all the anti convulsant/and bipolar mood stabilizers in that class. (this is why I'm on Klonopin)
MMP9 is inhibited by Beta-Lapachone according to a study @haidut posted.
So obviously I bought Lapodin as soon as it came out (thinking alternative delivery would make a difference and also, drinking a gallon of tea wasn't tenable anyway) no response with Lapodin.

@mujuro or @haidut, has Lapodin changed since its initial release?
I remember it staining my wrists a bit to the point where I couldn't really take it daily.
What dose were you using mujuro? Topically, orally?
Should I give Panquinone a shot? @haidut

Will try Uridine and report back!
How did it go with uridine?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals