Inosine Long-term Use

I have read that estrogen increases the lose of uric acid, supposedly why men are more susceptible to gout than women. Thought this may be interesting to those on the forum that are estrogen conscious and taking inosine.
In my own experience I only get gout when eating some butter for a couple of days. I've experimented like 10x and It's always a few days after butter.

Ice cream is fine. Coconut oil is fine. Olive oil is fine. But butter is NOT.

Then somebody posted some study which could maybe explain some mechanism behind it which made sense to me:

"ADEQUATE EVIDENCE is available to indicate a relationship between uric acid and lipid metabolism. Previous studies, however, have been confined to correlations between uricemia and the blood cholesterol in patients with gout or chronic hypercholesterolemia, or in other conditions where there may be an acute hyperlipidemia such as in diabetic acidosis. Preliminary findings suggesting a more precise association between the uric-acid levels and the blood triglycerides rather than the cholesterol, prompted us to investigate this more closely."

I am not sure what "lipid metabolism" is and if we should improve it but It could point to a right direction.
Increasing triglycerides/cholesterol could exacerbate gout?

Quite probable. At least in my case.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

In my own experience I only get gout when eating some butter for a couple of days. I've experimented like 10x and It's always a few days after butter.

Ice cream is fine. Coconut oil is fine. Olive oil is fine. But butter is NOT.

Then somebody posted some study which could maybe explain some mechanism behind it which made sense to me:

"ADEQUATE EVIDENCE is available to indicate a relationship between uric acid and lipid metabolism. Previous studies, however, have been confined to correlations between uricemia and the blood cholesterol in patients with gout or chronic hypercholesterolemia, or in other conditions where there may be an acute hyperlipidemia such as in diabetic acidosis. Preliminary findings suggesting a more precise association between the uric-acid levels and the blood triglycerides rather than the cholesterol, prompted us to investigate this more closely."

I am not sure what "lipid metabolism" is and if we should improve it but It could point to a right direction.
Increasing triglycerides/cholesterol could exacerbate gout?

Quite probable. At least in my case.
It is controversial, but some studies have suggested that tart cherry extract can keep uric acid levels down. Some people have had results, and others not, but maybe the next time you use butter/inosine, take some tart cherry extract or juice and see if there is a difference. You could be one of the people who it works for, or not, but maybe worth trialing.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I’ve recently started taking inosine (initially for its immunomodulatory effects) and have been experiencing profoundly positive effects on metabolism and mood. The first time I took it I had an experience that was comparable to LSD. Now, when I take it in the morning it induces very potent opioid effects and I feel mellow and euphoric during the day and then in the evening I get very energetic and all I want to do is dance and write poetry into the hours of the morning.

I’m overly cautious of anything that seems to good to be true, especially after my experience with tianeptine 2 yrs ago which had devastating effects on my health that I never recovered from. I get confused about receptor down regulation/upregulation, receptor density etc. I’m pretty sure I don’t do well on any substance taken chronically because of these negative feedback mechanisms. Things like cypro and most idealabs supplements give me bad rebound effects if taken for more than a few days.

Seeing as inosine is an opioid and gaba-a agonist, could this have potential side effects in the same way if taken long-term? Does desensitization always follow with things that act as agonists?
Has it affected your sleep?