Inosine Long-term Use

vetiver

I’ve recently started taking inosine (initially for its immunomodulatory effects) and have been experiencing profoundly positive effects on metabolism and mood. The first time I took it I had an experience that was comparable to LSD. Now, when I take it in the morning it induces very potent opioid effects and I feel mellow and euphoric during the day and then in the evening I get very energetic and all I want to do is dance and write poetry into the hours of the morning.

I’m overly cautious of anything that seems to good to be true, especially after my experience with tianeptine 2 yrs ago which had devastating effects on my health that I never recovered from. I get confused about receptor down regulation/upregulation, receptor density etc. I’m pretty sure I don’t do well on any substance taken chronically because of these negative feedback mechanisms. Things like cypro and most idealabs supplements give me bad rebound effects if taken for more than a few days.

Seeing as inosine is an opioid and gaba-a agonist, could this have potential side effects in the same way if taken long-term? Does desensitization always follow with things that act as agonists?

Last edited:

Tarmander

Yeah...it will probably cause down regulation overtime unless there is something specifically pushing against it in the opposite reaction. But with that said, if you feel that great on it, I wouldn't drop it. I would use how you feel to better your life, relationships, work, process, and take as little as you can to get those benefits. The down regulation is worth it if you can get tangible benefits.

Mauritio

I’ve recently started taking inosine (initially for its immunomodulatory effects) and have been experiencing profoundly positive effects on metabolism and mood. The first time I took it I had an experience that was comparable to LSD. Now, when I take it in the morning it induces very potent opioid effects and I feel mellow and euphoric during the day and then in the evening I get very energetic and all I want to do is dance and write poetry into the hours of the morning.

I’m overly cautious of anything that seems to good to be true, especially after my experience with tianeptine 2 yrs ago which had devastating effects on my health that I never recovered from. I get confused about receptor down regulation/upregulation, receptor density etc. I’m pretty sure I don’t do well on any substance taken chronically because of these negative feedback mechanisms. Things like cypro and most idealabs supplements give me bad rebound effects if taken for more than a few days.

Seeing as inosine is an opioid and gaba-a agonist, could this have potential side effects in the same way if taken long-term? Does desensitization always follow with things that act as agonists?

I am also about long term safety of inosine. Since I dont plan to stop it until I reveive all the benefits.
Do you have any experiences on kidney stones and inosine. Read thats a possible side effect. Although someone on the forum i guess it was haidut said in higher doses it shouldnt do that as far as i remember.

I have been taking 500-1000mg of inosine for the last 2 weeks. Dont feel much from it but there is slight but realistic increase in energy .

Mauritio

I dont notice much from it either. Little energy increase, I am going to try to take 1g every day and not just every other day. No effect on libido .
There is just no way this could not have a beneficial systemic effect (only if it was a bad quality supplement) ,so I am goint to continue.
@ecstatichamster , which brand do you use?

I dont notice much from it either. Little energy increase, I am going to try to take 1g every day and not just every other day. No effect on libido .
There is just no way this could not have a beneficial systemic effect (only if it was a bad quality supplement) ,so I am goint to continue.
@ecstatichamster , which brand do you use?

Anabol Natural

It says pure Inosine with no fillers or excipients.

Pointless

I take inosine and have been noticed better mood and more relaxed. I take 1 g 2x/day, Anabol Natural brand.

Mauritio

I stopped , might give it another shot at some point. I also suspect it made falling asleep harder.

Broken man

I am taking inosine for about 1 year, no problems with kidney stones or something other, best supplement I ever tried.

I am taking inosine for about 1 year, no problems with kidney stones or something other, best supplement I ever tried.
I think uric acid only causes problems when the body is in a state of acidosis. Without acidosis, uric acid doesn't precipitate, even when levels are high. I think that's why there are people with very high uric acid levels and no gout/kidney pain/joint pain in general. Uric acid is probably elevated as an adaptive, beneficial response to some stress, or maybe uric acid is supposed to be slightly elevated in healthy people. And high uric acid protects against Multiple Sclerosis, and increasing uric acid levels in people with this disease helps.

Antonello

How is your inosine experiment going ?

Kyle Bigman

I am also about long term safety of inosine. Since I dont plan to stop it until I reveive all the benefits.
Do you have any experiences on kidney stones and inosine. Read thats a possible side effect. Although someone on the forum i guess it was haidut said in higher doses it shouldnt do that as far as i remember.

I have been taking 500-1000mg of inosine for the last 2 weeks. Dont feel much from it but there is slight but realistic increase in energy .
@haidut do you have any insight about inosine and kidney stone formation? If the risk is real is there any preventative measure?

I am prone to gout so I assume also prone to kidney stone formation and have recently started supplementing your product Cardenosine. Thanks for the info!

Dave Clark

I think uric acid only causes problems when the body is in a state of acidosis. Without acidosis, uric acid doesn't precipitate, even when levels are high. I think that's why there are people with very high uric acid levels and no gout/kidney pain/joint pain in general. Uric acid is probably elevated as an adaptive, beneficial response to some stress, or maybe uric acid is supposed to be slightly elevated in healthy people. And high uric acid protects against Multiple Sclerosis, and increasing uric acid levels in people with this disease helps.
I think the studies show that kidney stones only happened in test subjects after 3 grams/day were being used. So, for most of us using half to a gram/day, we should be alright unless one already has a medical condition regarding high uric acid, etc.

I think the studies show that kidney stones only happened in test subjects after 3 grams/day were being used. So, for most of us using half to a gram/day, we should be alright unless one already has a medical condition regarding high uric acid, etc.
That seems like a safe and conservative dosage for regular people.

jaminhealth

I've been taking Inosine and Sphingolin for nerve damage from hip replacement MESS. Right hip is numb and sore going on 10 yrs, and I have less tingle and burn when I use the above two. Right now I'm taking 1000mg of Source Naturals Inosine. When it's gone I'll back off for a while.

Dave Clark

I have read that estrogen increases the lose of uric acid, supposedly why men are more susceptible to gout than women. Thought this may be interesting to those on the forum that are estrogen conscious and taking inosine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals