Inosine Increases NAD/NADH Ratio And Reduces Systemic Inflammation

Regina

UG:

I felt viral for over a week and began self medicating. I sent him a list of what I had on hand and some things I was taking and others were stand by. I did not want to go get tested (eventually did and was negative for COVID)

His reply:

"The inosine and isoprinosine could be creating symptoms- isoprinosine increases inflammatory cytokines. Doses of zinc shouldn't be over 10mg/day. Doxycycline is anti-inflammatory so it could help. Azithromycin also anti-inflammatory- has been proven effective in Covid."

Regarding Ivermectin he said the risks could be too much for the benefit.

He specifically stated both inosine and isoprinosine could be problematic....and only noted isoprinosine increases cytokines. I ended up dropping both and had bought a truckload for me and my family. I live outside the US and things run out quickly here.

I wrote him back and told him how surprised I was considering all the hoopla here regarding these two medicines and to that he did not respond.

I know. Bummer.
I just keep on hand doxy (and mino and tetra-cycline and ampicillan). Aspirin powder (aniprin). Cascara capsules, pau d'arco tea, quinine tincture, oxidal and vitamin D and charcoal. There has been no need to go to a doctor or vet for years. I don't think about it at all. I definitely had zero concern of covid with that little stockpile.

We eat shellfish (oysters, clams, scallops and shrimp) and leg of lamb, cheese, tatoes, homemade soup, local honey and oranges. And junkfood.

I still have dumb sleep schedules and eat low quality things (pancakes, grilled cheese sandwiches, nachos, pizza and wine).

But I never think about infectious disease. I don't think I'll catch something going around. I think if I am or get/succomb to a disease state, it is entirely from my own slothfull lack of discipline or hyper-focus as to what is hurting our world and interactions.

lampofred

I have doxycycline but I read it destroys mitochondria. A lot of things with anti-epileptic properties seem to have the side effect of destroying mitochondria. Except for the miracle that is progesterone.

Regina

I have doxycycline but I read it destroys mitochondria. A lot of things with anti-epileptic properties seem to have the side effect of destroying mitochondria. Except for the miracle that is progesterone.
Ah. Cool thx. I have that too. That's part of a regular thing.
I rarely duck into the abx supply. If my dog has enough symptoms I will.
Same for us.
That's a sickness supply. I forgot to add Lauricidin to the war chest when there are symptoms.
In fact, if I had to turn over my abx, I'd be cool with just the aniprin and lauricidin, soup and OJ for sick days.

I just keep on hand doxy (and mino and tetra-cycline and ampicillan). Aspirin powder (aniprin). Cascara capsules, pau d'arco tea, quinine tincture, oxidal and vitamin D and charcoal. There has been no need to go to a doctor or vet for years. I don't think about it at all. I definitely had zero concern of covid with that little stockpile.

We eat shellfish (oysters, clams, scallops and shrimp) and leg of lamb, cheese, tatoes, homemade soup, local honey and oranges. And junkfood.

I still have dumb sleep schedules and eat low quality things (pancakes, grilled cheese sandwiches, nachos, pizza and wine).

But I never think about infectious disease. I don't think I'll catch something going around. I think if I am or get/succomb to a disease state, it is entirely from my own slothfull lack of discipline or hyper-focus as to what is hurting our world and interactions.

I like your approach.

meatbag

UG:

I felt viral for over a week and began self medicating. I sent him a list of what I had on hand and some things I was taking and others were stand by. I did not want to go get tested (eventually did and was negative for COVID)

His reply:

"The inosine and isoprinosine could be creating symptoms- isoprinosine increases inflammatory cytokines. Doses of zinc shouldn't be over 10mg/day. Doxycycline is anti-inflammatory so it could help. Azithromycin also anti-inflammatory- has been proven effective in Covid."

Regarding Ivermectin he said the risks could be too much for the benefit.

He specifically stated both inosine and isoprinosine could be problematic....and only noted isoprinosine increases cytokines. I ended up dropping both and had bought a truckload for me and my family. I live outside the US and things run out quickly here.

I wrote him back and told him how surprised I was considering all the hoopla here regarding these two medicines and to that he did not respond.

I know. Bummer.
That's weird, looks like there is some conflicting info about this;

Inosine Pranobex: A Key Player in the Game Against a Wide Range of Viral Infections and Non-Infectious Diseases​

Inosine Pranobex: A Key Player in the Game Against a Wide Range of Viral Infections and Non-Infectious Diseases
Inosine pranobex (IP), commonly known as inosine acedoben dimepranol, isoprinosine and methisoprinol, has been proven to positively impact the host’s immune system, by enhancing T-cell lymphocyte proliferation and activity of natural killer cells, increasing levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and thereby restoring deficient responses in immunosuppressed patients. At the same time, it has been shown that it can affect viral RNA levels and hence inhibit growth of several viruses.
-------

Inosine inhibits inflammatory cytokine production by a posttranscriptional mechanism and protects against endotoxin-induced shock​

Inosine inhibits inflammatory cytokine production by a posttranscriptional mechanism and protects against endotoxin-induced shock - PubMed
Extracellular purines, including adenosine and ATP, are potent endogenous immunomodulatory molecules. Inosine, a degradation product of these purines, can reach high concentrations in the extracellular space under conditions associated with cellular metabolic stress such as inflammation or ischemia. In the present study, we investigated whether extracellular inosine can affect inflammatory/immune processes. In immunostimulated macrophages and spleen cells, inosine potently inhibited the production of the proinflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha, IL-1, IL-12, macrophage-inflammatory protein-1alpha, and IFN-gamma, but failed to alter the production of the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10. The effect of inosine did not require cellular uptake by nucleoside transporters and was partially reversed by blockade of adenosine A1 and A2 receptors. Inosine inhibited cytokine production by a posttranscriptional mechanism. The activity of inosine was independent of activation of the p38 and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinases, the phosphorylation of the c-Jun terminal kinase, the degradation of inhibitory factor kappaB, and elevation of intracellular cAMP. Inosine suppressed proinflammatory cytokine production and mortality in a mouse endotoxemic model. Taken together, inosine has multiple anti-inflammatory effects. These findings, coupled with the fact that inosine has very low toxicity, suggest that this agent may be useful in the treatment of inflammatory/ischemic diseases.

apr

That's weird, looks like there is some conflicting info about this;

Inosine Pranobex: A Key Player in the Game Against a Wide Range of Viral Infections and Non-Infectious Diseases​

Inosine Pranobex: A Key Player in the Game Against a Wide Range of Viral Infections and Non-Infectious Diseases
Inosine pranobex (IP), commonly known as inosine acedoben dimepranol, isoprinosine and methisoprinol, has been proven to positively impact the host’s immune system, by enhancing T-cell lymphocyte proliferation and activity of natural killer cells, increasing levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and thereby restoring deficient responses in immunosuppressed patients. At the same time, it has been shown that it can affect viral RNA levels and hence inhibit growth of several viruses.
-------

Inosine inhibits inflammatory cytokine production by a posttranscriptional mechanism and protects against endotoxin-induced shock​

Inosine inhibits inflammatory cytokine production by a posttranscriptional mechanism and protects against endotoxin-induced shock - PubMed
Extracellular purines, including adenosine and ATP, are potent endogenous immunomodulatory molecules. Inosine, a degradation product of these purines, can reach high concentrations in the extracellular space under conditions associated with cellular metabolic stress such as inflammation or ischemia. In the present study, we investigated whether extracellular inosine can affect inflammatory/immune processes. In immunostimulated macrophages and spleen cells, inosine potently inhibited the production of the proinflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha, IL-1, IL-12, macrophage-inflammatory protein-1alpha, and IFN-gamma, but failed to alter the production of the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10. The effect of inosine did not require cellular uptake by nucleoside transporters and was partially reversed by blockade of adenosine A1 and A2 receptors. Inosine inhibited cytokine production by a posttranscriptional mechanism. The activity of inosine was independent of activation of the p38 and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinases, the phosphorylation of the c-Jun terminal kinase, the degradation of inhibitory factor kappaB, and elevation of intracellular cAMP. Inosine suppressed proinflammatory cytokine production and mortality in a mouse endotoxemic model. Taken together, inosine has multiple anti-inflammatory effects. These findings, coupled with the fact that inosine has very low toxicity, suggest that this agent may be useful in the treatment of inflammatory/ischemic diseases.
I agree it is weird. Maybe someone else could have him clarify but I went back to his email and typed word for word his answer.

I had bought tons of that and Ivermectin to have on hand. Now I don't know what to do if I get sick.

Dr. B

Inosine, niacinamide, aspirin, caffeine, thyroid, methylene blue, tocopherols, progesterone, DHEA, etc are all known radiaprotectors. Ideally, they should be taken both before and after radiation exposure. When I got dental X-rays I took 1g inosine and 1g niacinamide 1h before and then the same dose 1h after the X-rays. But even doing only before/after would be beneficial and if I had to choose between the two I would take those before exposure.

thats interesting, anyone know of any other 'radioprotective' substances? would these substances be beneficial to use in a small dosage daily, just to protect from all the general radiation going around society like from cell towers, 5g, personal smartphones/computers/television. even with cts/xrays being avoided i think theres still lots of radiation harming us. of those on the list the only one id really feel comfortable using regularly is the tocopherols maybe once a week large dosage?
also just curious were you able to skip the dental X rays or does your dentist require them
a while back I randomly came across some site where people were being critical of Peat and saying some omega 3 is necessary for protection from radiation or something else toxic in todays modern environment. cant remember the logic/reasoning used but they were claiming theres some sort of environmental factor messing with us which necessitates omega 3

meatbag

thats interesting, anyone know of any other 'radioprotective' substances? would these substances be beneficial to use in a small dosage daily, just to protect from all the general radiation going around society like from cell towers, 5g, personal smartphones/computers/television. even with cts/xrays being avoided i think theres still lots of radiation harming us. of those on the list the only one id really feel comfortable using regularly is the tocopherols maybe once a week large dosage?
also just curious were you able to skip the dental X rays or does your dentist require them
a while back I randomly came across some site where people were being critical of Peat and saying some omega 3 is necessary for protection from radiation or something else toxic in todays modern environment. cant remember the logic/reasoning used but they were claiming theres some sort of environmental factor messing with us which necessitates omega 3
That's because they don't understand ions.

Magnesium is one of the most protective;
"RP: Yes. Keeping your energy at a peak, like getting the damage done in the late afternoon; and the summer is best. And keeping your carbon dioxide up with adequate thyroid function, adequate progesterone, pregnenolone, testosterone and so on. [The use of] all of the tissue-protective hormones and nutrients. Magnesium in particular is the best established radiation protective nutrient. And coffee happens to protect against all kinds of radiations damage that have been studied. Niacinamide is a vitamin that is protective. And coffee happens to provide magnesium and niacin, as well as the protective caffeine and antioxidants."
-Ionizing Radiation In Context 2, Politics And Science, 2009
-
Linoleic acid and arachidonic acid, which are said to "make the lipid membrane more permeable," in fact make the whole cell more permeable, by binding to the structural proteins throughout the cell, increasing their affinity for water, causing generalized swelling, as well as mitochondrial swelling (leading to reduced oxidative function or disintegration), allowing more calcium to enter the cell, activating excitatory processes, stimulating a redox shift away from oxidation and toward inflammation, leading to either (inappropriate) growth or death of the cell.

In shock, the liberation of free fatty acids interferes with the use of glucose for energy and causes cells to take up water and calcium (depleting blood volume and reducing circulation) and to leak ATP, enzymes, and other cell contents (Boudreault and Grygorczyk, 2008; Wolfe, et al., 1983; Selzner, et al, 2004; van der Wijk, 2003), in something like a systemic inflammatory state (Fabiano, et al., 2008) often leading to death.

The cellular changes that occur in shock--calcium retention, leakiness, reduced energy production--are seen in aging and the degenerative diseases

Excitotoxicity is the process in which activation of a nerve cell beyond its capacity to produce energy injures or kills the cell, by increasing intracellular calcium. he PUFA kill them by increasing their intracellular calcium. The toxicity of DHA is greater than that of EPA, whose toxicity is greater than alpha-linolenic acid, and linoleic acid was the most potent (Prasad, et al., 2010). Excitotoxicity is probably an important factor in Alzheimer's disease (Danysz and Parsons, 2003).
-Fats, functions and malfunctions.

"All cell death is characterized by an increase of intracellular calcium...." "Increase of cytoplasmic free calcium may therefore be called 'the final common path' of cell disease and cell death. Aging as a background of diseases is also characterized by an increase of intracellular calcium. Diseases typically associated with aging include hypertension, arteriosclerosis, diabetes mellitus and dementia."
T. Fujita, "Calcium, parathyroids and aging," in Calcium-Regulating Hormones. 1. Role in Disease and Aging, H. Morii, editor, Contrib. Nephrol. Basel, Karger, 1991, vol. 90, pp. 206-211.
-The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

BearWithMe

Btw just bought some inosine from nearby pharmacy - Going to test the damn thing for the next month :)

I will post some updates If I do remember to do so. :)
Where in the world do pharmacies sell inosine?

Where in the world do pharmacies sell inosine?
I have a friend who works in a pharmacy and he gave it to me. It's sold here in Serbia as an antibiotic - ISOPRINOSINE

I've stopped using it after day one since I've seen that Ray stated it can lead to a cytokine storm and preferred azithromycin / doxy.

Dr. B

I have a friend who works in a pharmacy and he gave it to me. It's sold here in Serbia as an antibiotic - ISOPRINOSINE

I've stopped using it after day one since I've seen that Ray stated it can lead to a cytokine storm and preferred azithromycin / doxy.
damn, where did ray say this? whats the issue with inosine and how does it cause that? isnt there an idealabs product that uses that. also i think generally, in the bodybuilding/supplement industry theres some articles talking about creatine supplementation depleting inosine. i think both are present in small amounts in animal meats. but some of the inosine supplements are marketed as being necessary for creatine users

Dave Clark

Awesome, I got a milligram scale so I just weigh it. Good to know though if my scale quits working.
Yeah, once you weigh it the first time and calibrate it to a specific measurement, you should not have to measure it again (especially from that particular batch, you could always re-weigh the next bottle of powder to confirm it is the same).

BearWithMe

That's fascinating. Here in western Europe, stuff like that is not allowed to be sold in pharmacies.

Bruna

I want to start using inosine, but I can't find a mixture that doesn't have some harmful excipient.
I found inositol, which looks clean, but I'm not sure inositol is a good choice. So my question is: what is the difference between inositol and inosine?

Dr. B

is that why it causes weight gain? how do you recover mitochondria after doxycycline destroys them, can they come back