Inosine Increases NAD/NADH Ratio And Reduces Systemic Inflammation

ddjd

Interesting. My CFS doctor had me on inosine for awhile but didn't seem to do much. perhaps the dose was too low? I also didn't notice benefits from cardenosine
I'm telling you I've had the exact same problem. Try the liposomal version I linked above and you'll feel it immediately. Massive reduction in Adrenaline

Owen B

I'm telling you I've had the exact same problem. Try the liposomal version I linked above and you'll feel it immediately. Massive reduction in Adrenaline
What's the importance of the liposomal variety?

I'm thinking inosine would be a good thing to take before sleeping. Adrenaline comes up at 11-12 PM.

Dave Clark

I've tried a few different brands of Inosine. Some are complete crap whilst others reduce Adrenaline very noticably. The best I found was a liposome based Inosine. Made by cardiovascular research ltd. There's only a small number of places that still sell it
I must be missing something, but I can't find anywhere on your link where it says that the CR Inosine is liposomal enhanced, the label looks like any other brand of inosine. If it is there, where do I look?

GorillaHead

I wonder if people are inosine deficient . Inosine can increase uric acid so too much of that is very bad.

Dave Clark

I wonder if people are inosine deficient . Inosine can increase uric acid so too much of that is very bad.
The good thing is inosine has not shown in some of the studies to affect people's uric acid levels negatively (meaning too high) until they were taking more than 3 grams. One gram or less has shown to be beneficial.
Uric acid provides an antioxidant defense in humans against oxidant- and radical-caused aging and cancer: a hypothesis. - PubMed - NCBI
It is possible that the trend towards vegetarianism may be a possible cause of deficiency of uric acid.

GorillaHead

The good thing is inosine has not shown in some of the studies to affect people's uric acid levels negatively (meaning too high) until they were taking more than 3 grams. One gram or less has shown to be beneficial.
Uric acid provides an antioxidant defense in humans against oxidant- and radical-caused aging and cancer: a hypothesis. - PubMed - NCBI
It is possible that the trend towards vegetarianism may be a possible cause of deficiency of uric acid.

Well this is enlightening. I just started taking 250mg a day. Maybe ill do 250 morning and 250 evening. Its very relaxing

Light

Well this is enlightening. I just started taking 250mg a day. Maybe ill do 250 morning and 250 evening. Its very relaxing
Hi @GorillaHead,
I'm also finding inosine very relaxing, to the point of drowsiness,
I wonder if it gets better after a while.
Did you keep taking it for some time?

Regina

Hey. Did it work on your pet? :)

Thanks.
HAH! That's an oldie.
I can't now remember if I did give him inosine.
What has worked is:
I gave him minocycline for a few days.
(I have more, but have not felt like it was needed)
Now, I add pinch of aspirin powder (apple-flavored for dogs) to his dinner.
I upped his calcium : phosphate ratio. (gum-free cottage cheese)
Mashed potatoes and squash
Egg with maple syrup
orange slices

in addition to his meat protein

He's doing well for a 15 yr old dog. No gray muzzle and white teeth. Has better energy since I added the more Peaty things.
But I could try a little inosine powder in his meal. Maybe he'll get back into frisbee.

HAH! That's an oldie.
I can't now remember if I did give him inosine.
What has worked is:
I gave him minocycline for a few days.
(I have more, but have not felt like it was needed)
Now, I add pinch of aspirin powder (apple-flavored for dogs) to his dinner.
I upped his calcium : phosphate ratio. (gum-free cottage cheese)
Mashed potatoes and squash
Egg with maple syrup
orange slices

in addition to his meat protein

He's doing well for a 15 yr old dog. No gray muzzle and white teeth. Has better energy since I added the more Peaty things.
But I could try a little inosine powder in his meal. Maybe he'll get back into frisbee.

Btw just bought some inosine from nearby pharmacy - Going to test the damn thing for the next month :)

I will post some updates If I do remember to do so. :)

apr

Yet another great study on inosine. It shows that a HED of just 8mg/kg administered just twice daily increased the NAD/NADH ratio by a whopping factor of 15 (see attached screenshot). While inosine itself is neither a precursor to NAD (like niacinamide) nor is it an oxidizing agent, I think its ability to dramatically raise oxidative metabolism (Inosine Powerfully Stimulates Mitochondriogenesis, Oxidative Metabolism & Cell Differentiation) can explain this rather beneficial effect, the subsequent reduction of inflammation and improved survival in mice with sepsis. Needless to say, combining inosine with niacinamide will likely have an even bigger effect on NAD/NADH.

Inosine reduces systemic inflammation and improves survival in septic shock induced by cecal ligation and puncture. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Inosine is a naturally occurring purine formed from the breakdown of adenosine. Here we have evaluated the effects of inosine in a murine model of polymicrobial sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP). Mice subjected to CLP were treated with either inosine (100 mg/kg, intraperitoneally) or vehicle 1 h before and 6 h after CLP. After 12 h tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin 6 (IL-6), and IL-10 were measured in plasma. Biochemical markers of organ damage, liver NAD+/NADH (indicator of the mitochondrial redox state), plasma nitrate, tissue myeloperoxidase (MPO, indicator of neutrophil accumulation) and malondialdehyde (MDA, indicator of lipid peroxidation), liver and lung chemokines (macrophage inflammatory protein 1alpha [MIP-1alpha] and MIP-2), and ex vivo vascular reactivity in aortic rings were also measured. Mice treated with inosine had significantly lower levels of circulating cytokines. Organ damage was significantly reduced by inosine treatment, which was associated at the tissue level with an increased hepatic NAD+/NADH ratio, decreased MPO activity in the lung, reduced MDA formation in the gut and liver, and decreased MIP-1alpha and MIP-2 in the lung and liver. Furthermore, inosine significantly improved endothelium-dependent relaxant responses of aortic rings. These effects were associated with significant improvement of the survival of CLP mice treated with inosine, an effect that was still observed when inosine treatment was delayed 1 h after CLP, especially when it was associated with appropriate antibiotic treatment. Thus, inosine reduced systemic inflammation, organ damage, tissue dysoxia, and vascular dysfunction, resulting in improved survival in septic shock."
View attachment 8258

apr

In an email to Peat regarding what I was taking for a possible COVID infection, I listed isoprinosine and inosine and he told me they could lead to cytokine storm.

I was shocked since I always take isoprinosine as an antiviral.

In an email to Peat regarding what I was taking for a possible COVID infection, I listed isoprinosine and inosine and he told me they could lead to cytokine storm.

I was shocked since I always take isoprinosine as an antiviral.
What? Really?

I just took isoprinosine right now, like 3h ago based on everything I've read on the forum. What the heck. Did he said that it can lead to cytokine storm only if you have COVID-19 or in general?

@haidut were you aware of this?

Should I continue taking isoprinosine after that?

apr

UG:

I felt viral for over a week and began self medicating. I sent him a list of what I had on hand and some things I was taking and others were stand by. I did not want to go get tested (eventually did and was negative for COVID)

His reply:

"The inosine and isoprinosine could be creating symptoms- isoprinosine increases inflammatory cytokines. Doses of zinc shouldn't be over 10mg/day. Doxycycline is anti-inflammatory so it could help. Azithromycin also anti-inflammatory- has been proven effective in Covid."

Regarding Ivermectin he said the risks could be too much for the benefit.

He specifically stated both inosine and isoprinosine could be problematic....and only noted isoprinosine increases cytokines. I ended up dropping both and had bought a truckload for me and my family. I live outside the US and things run out quickly here.

I wrote him back and told him how surprised I was considering all the hoopla here regarding these two medicines and to that he did not respond.

I know. Bummer.

UG:

I felt viral for over a week and began self medicating. I sent him a list of what I had on hand and some things I was taking and others were stand by. I did not want to go get tested (eventually did and was negative for COVID)

His reply:

"The inosine and isoprinosine could be creating symptoms- isoprinosine increases inflammatory cytokines. Doses of zinc shouldn't be over 10mg/day. Doxycycline is anti-inflammatory so it could help. Azithromycin also anti-inflammatory- has been proven effective in Covid."

Regarding Ivermectin he said the risks could be too much for the benefit.

He specifically stated both inosine and isoprinosine could be problematic....and only noted isoprinosine increases cytokines. I ended up dropping both and had bought a truckload for me and my family. I live outside the US and things run out quickly here.

I wrote him back and told him how surprised I was considering all the hoopla here regarding these two medicines and to that he did not respond.

I know. Bummer.
OMG :(((((
Thanks for response.