Inosine Increases NAD/NADH Ratio And Reduces Systemic Inflammation

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yet another great study on inosine. It shows that a HED of just 8mg/kg administered just twice daily increased the NAD/NADH ratio by a whopping factor of 15 (see attached screenshot). While inosine itself is neither a precursor to NAD (like niacinamide) nor is it an oxidizing agent, I think its ability to dramatically raise oxidative metabolism (Inosine Powerfully Stimulates Mitochondriogenesis, Oxidative Metabolism & Cell Differentiation) can explain this rather beneficial effect, the subsequent reduction of inflammation and improved survival in mice with sepsis. Needless to say, combining inosine with niacinamide will likely have an even bigger effect on NAD/NADH.

Inosine reduces systemic inflammation and improves survival in septic shock induced by cecal ligation and puncture. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Inosine is a naturally occurring purine formed from the breakdown of adenosine. Here we have evaluated the effects of inosine in a murine model of polymicrobial sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP). Mice subjected to CLP were treated with either inosine (100 mg/kg, intraperitoneally) or vehicle 1 h before and 6 h after CLP. After 12 h tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin 6 (IL-6), and IL-10 were measured in plasma. Biochemical markers of organ damage, liver NAD+/NADH (indicator of the mitochondrial redox state), plasma nitrate, tissue myeloperoxidase (MPO, indicator of neutrophil accumulation) and malondialdehyde (MDA, indicator of lipid peroxidation), liver and lung chemokines (macrophage inflammatory protein 1alpha [MIP-1alpha] and MIP-2), and ex vivo vascular reactivity in aortic rings were also measured. Mice treated with inosine had significantly lower levels of circulating cytokines. Organ damage was significantly reduced by inosine treatment, which was associated at the tissue level with an increased hepatic NAD+/NADH ratio, decreased MPO activity in the lung, reduced MDA formation in the gut and liver, and decreased MIP-1alpha and MIP-2 in the lung and liver. Furthermore, inosine significantly improved endothelium-dependent relaxant responses of aortic rings. These effects were associated with significant improvement of the survival of CLP mice treated with inosine, an effect that was still observed when inosine treatment was delayed 1 h after CLP, especially when it was associated with appropriate antibiotic treatment. Thus, inosine reduced systemic inflammation, organ damage, tissue dysoxia, and vascular dysfunction, resulting in improved survival in septic shock."
inosine_redox.png

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@Zeos, това може да Ви заинтересува:
Guanosine and Inosine (Riboxin) Eliminate the Long-Lived Protein Radicals Induced X-ray Radiation

Проверете профилите на Сергей и Вадим, тъй като те имат някои интересни публикации.

Thanks. I think I also posted another, older Russian study on inosine ensuring 80%+ survival in mice repeatedly exposed to equivalent of Chernobyl-levels radiation. For lower radiation exposure such as a CT scan or 3-D X-rays, inosine was fully protective. That's probably why inosine is one of the substances given to Russian astronauts living on the International Space Station to protect them from "cosmic" rays.
Impressive Bulgarian skills! Where did you learn it?

Mito

Thanks. I think I also posted another, older Russian study on inosine ensuring 80%+ survival in mice repeatedly exposed to equivalent of Chernobyl-levels radiation. For lower radiation exposure such as a CT scan or 3-D X-rays, inosine was fully protective. That's probably why inosine is one of the substances given to Russian astronauts living on the International Space Station to protect them from "cosmic" rays.
Impressive Bulgarian skills! Where did you learn it?
Do you think taking the the inosine before or after (or both) an x-ray provides the best protection?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think taking the the inosine before or after (or both) an x-ray provides the best protection?

Inosine, niacinamide, aspirin, caffeine, thyroid, methylene blue, tocopherols, progesterone, DHEA, etc are all known radiaprotectors. Ideally, they should be taken both before and after radiation exposure. When I got dental X-rays I took 1g inosine and 1g niacinamide 1h before and then the same dose 1h after the X-rays. But even doing only before/after would be beneficial and if I had to choose between the two I would take those before exposure.

Gigs

Am quite interested if there's downside also.

Dave Clark

I don't know much about inosine, but aren't the downsides possible kidney stones and high uric acid levels? I think I kept this one off my radar for those reasons, but I need to learn more about inosine to see if it would be useful.

ddjd

I don't know much about inosine, but aren't the downsides possible kidney stones and high uric acid levels? I think I kept this one off my radar for those reasons, but I need to learn more about inosine to see if it would be useful.
I've tried a few different brands of Inosine. Some are complete crap whilst others reduce Adrenaline very noticably. The best I found was a liposome based Inosine. Made by cardiovascular research ltd. There's only a small number of places that still sell it

Regina

I
Yet another great study on inosine. It shows that a HED of just 8mg/kg administered just twice daily increased the NAD/NADH ratio by a whopping factor of 15 (see attached screenshot). While inosine itself is neither a precursor to NAD (like niacinamide) nor is it an oxidizing agent, I think its ability to dramatically raise oxidative metabolism (Inosine Powerfully Stimulates Mitochondriogenesis, Oxidative Metabolism & Cell Differentiation) can explain this rather beneficial effect, the subsequent reduction of inflammation and improved survival in mice with sepsis. Needless to say, combining inosine with niacinamide will likely have an even bigger effect on NAD/NADH.

Inosine reduces systemic inflammation and improves survival in septic shock induced by cecal ligation and puncture. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Inosine is a naturally occurring purine formed from the breakdown of adenosine. Here we have evaluated the effects of inosine in a murine model of polymicrobial sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP). Mice subjected to CLP were treated with either inosine (100 mg/kg, intraperitoneally) or vehicle 1 h before and 6 h after CLP. After 12 h tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin 6 (IL-6), and IL-10 were measured in plasma. Biochemical markers of organ damage, liver NAD+/NADH (indicator of the mitochondrial redox state), plasma nitrate, tissue myeloperoxidase (MPO, indicator of neutrophil accumulation) and malondialdehyde (MDA, indicator of lipid peroxidation), liver and lung chemokines (macrophage inflammatory protein 1alpha [MIP-1alpha] and MIP-2), and ex vivo vascular reactivity in aortic rings were also measured. Mice treated with inosine had significantly lower levels of circulating cytokines. Organ damage was significantly reduced by inosine treatment, which was associated at the tissue level with an increased hepatic NAD+/NADH ratio, decreased MPO activity in the lung, reduced MDA formation in the gut and liver, and decreased MIP-1alpha and MIP-2 in the lung and liver. Furthermore, inosine significantly improved endothelium-dependent relaxant responses of aortic rings. These effects were associated with significant improvement of the survival of CLP mice treated with inosine, an effect that was still observed when inosine treatment was delayed 1 h after CLP, especially when it was associated with appropriate antibiotic treatment. Thus, inosine reduced systemic inflammation, organ damage, tissue dysoxia, and vascular dysfunction, resulting in improved survival in septic shock."
View attachment 8258
It looks like inosine is well-known in the horse-racing community:
Inosine 500g
and
Inosine | Peak Performance | Horse Supplement Big Dee's Tack & Vet Supplies
and
Tonarsyl 50ml - Grovet.com

I'm gonna start adding some to my dog's food (to see if it can't help him with his "allergies" that no Vet has helped).

Last edited:
I've tried a few different brands of Inosine. Some are complete crap whilst others reduce Adrenaline very noticably. The best I found was a liposome based Inosine. Made by cardiovascular research ltd. There's only a small number of places that still sell it

I see Amazon sells that brand. I bought some source naturals inosine and I dont feel anything noticeable. I've gone up to 2 or 3 grams of it in a day and nothing too noticeable. Not sure if I'm missing something. Either the brand sucks or inosine doesn't work for me

nwo2012

Interesting. My CFS doctor had me on inosine for awhile but didn't seem to do much. perhaps the dose was too low? I also didn't notice benefits from cardenosine