haidut

Forum Supporter
Just posting this one as an additional option for people who cannot tolerate methylene blue, anti-serotonin chemicals or large doses vitamin C. The drug used is available in Europe but plain inosine has been shown to work just as well so that would be the option for people in the US and other non-European countries. The treatment regimen was 1g inosine x 3 daily for 7 days.

Inosine pranobex is safe and effective for the treatment of subjects with confirmed acute respiratory viral infections: analysis and subgroup analysis from a Phase 4, randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind study
"...The study results indicate the safety of inosine pranobex for the treatment of subjects with confirmed acute respiratory viral infections and confirm the efficacy of inosine pranobex versus placebo in healthy non-obese subjects less than 50 years of age with clinically diagnosed influenza-like illnesses."

"...Acute respiratory infection is a serious infection that is responsible for approximately 3.9 million deaths per year and is one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality worldwide [1]. Acute respiratory infections are categorized as either upper or lower respiratory infections and are caused by well-recognised viral pathogens, including but not limited to influenza virus (types A and B), parainfluenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), metapneumovirus (types A and B), coronavirus, rhinovirus, enterovirus, reovirus, bocavirus, and adenovirus, and bacterial pathogens, primarily Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenza [2, 3]."

tupolev

> large doses vitamin C

I'm 85% sure I had the WuFlu this week. I ran a fever for 3 days, was lethargic for four, and had a touch of pleurisy for five. I drank many cups of a tisane locally available to me called "berry beauty tea" which contains hibiscus and berries that provide a megadose of vitamin c. I generally spiked it with a touch of cognac and orange liquer (grand marnier), because why not.

Did it matter? I dunno. I think it's just a flu. A rough week and then a normal person is fine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
> large doses vitamin C

I'm 85% sure I had the WuFlu this week. I ran a fever for 3 days, was lethargic for four, and had a touch of pleurisy for five. I drank many cups of a tisane locally available to me called "berry beauty tea" which contains hibiscus and berries that provide a megadose of vitamin c. I generally spiked it with a touch of cognac and orange liquer (grand marnier), because why not.

Did it matter? I dunno. I think it's just a flu. A rough week and then a normal person is fine.

Agreed, vitamin C is a great option especially if combined with methylene blue. Some people get bad digestive upset from it though but I think this mostly applies to supplement forms and not to natural sources like rosehip and other teas.

Goat-e

What sort of vitamin C dosage would be advisable with Methylene blue? I've fully down with MB but haven't got my head round the whole vit C thing...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What sort of vitamin C dosage would be advisable with Methylene blue? I've fully down with MB but haven't got my head round the whole vit C thing...

Even 500mg per dose, when mixed with 1mg-2mg MB, should help. No need to down many grams per sitting, which increases the chance of GI upset and potentially making things worse.

BearWithMe

Is it likely that Covid-19 would respond to inosine in the same way other coronaviruses does? It seems like Covid -19 is generally much more resistant than other coronaviruses.

ddjd

do you think creatine would be of any benefit haidut?

J

jb116

Any good sources anyone recommends for inosine?
I've looked high and low and I can't find any without junk in it. There was one by gluten free remedies and they silently removed it fairly recently.

Mufasa

Agreed, vitamin C is a great option especially if combined with methylene blue. Some people get bad digestive upset from it though but I think this mostly applies to supplement forms and not to natural sources like rosehip and other teas.

I never heard Ray Peat talk about rosehip tea. Would you recommend it haidut? Im a bit cautious with all the herbs, as sometimes I later find out they are estrogenic or anti androgenic etc.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I never heard Ray Peat talk about rosehip tea. Would you recommend it haidut? Im a bit cautious with all the herbs, as sometimes I later find out they are estrogenic or anti androgenic etc.

The rosehips are the fruit and I have not seen any information about them being estrogenic. I think Ray did mentioned them a few times as a good source of vitamin C. When the LIGHT search engine was still operational I did searches for rosehip and it came up as discussions in some of his interviews.

akgrrrl

The rosehips are the fruit and I have not seen any information about them being estrogenic. I think Ray did mentioned them a few times as a good source of vitamin C. When the LIGHT search engine was still operational I did searches for rosehip and it came up as discussions in some of his interviews.
Dont worry too much about rosehips being anythjng but vitamjn C. After wild roses wilt and the rosehip fruit forms in September, I pick several pounds after a crisp night which really turns them sweet. The "seed" in each gets pinched out. I immediately line a piecrust with them packed tightly with beaten egg, cream cheese and brown sugar to bake for the best fall tart ever. The rest I divide for drying into tea and a batch of jam for the winter.