Inhibition Of Estrogen Biosynthesis Enhances Lymphoma Growth In Mice

Vinero

Usually swollen lymph nodes indicate that the body is fighting some infection (bacterial, viral, fungal). I don't think estrogen is helpful in this situation as estrogen weakens your immune system. Estrogen destroys the thymus gland, the key organ of the immune system.

OP
superGrover

superGrover

Yeah, estrogen has a bad name around here so I was surprised to find this study. Could well be that it is some kind of infection, I looked into EPV, but it seems hard to eliminate that one. I don't know how to find out what I have.

I went to the doctor with this in summer 2017, and he didn't think much of it, he said something along the lines of that it's just something I have, nothing to be worried about. It was calming to hear that I don't need to worry about it, but when they are growing slowly it still worries me, and I don't think I have them "just because". That was such a lame explanation to me.

tankasnowgod

I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck for a long time already, today I found this. Do you guys think this study is legit?

Inhibition of estrogen biosynthesis enhances lymphoma growth in mice

Well, based on the fact that every single mouse reported on had a significant amount of tumors, I think the best conclusion from this study is that is wise to avoid having lymphoma cells grafted onto you. A more accurate name for the study might be-

Inhibition of estrogen biosynthesis enhances lymphoma growth AFTER LYMPHOMA CELLS ARE GRAFTED ONTO MICE in mice