"...Inheritance isn't indelibly fixed."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat said:
"Although he was a geneticist and bred the mice that demonstrated the inheritance of cancer, he also showed that simple therapeutic measures would not only prevent cancer in a susceptible individual, but would also prevent cancer in many generations of the treated animal's descendants... Inheritance isn't indelibly fixed. A physiological state is passed on…"

Source

ilovethesea

Charlie said:
Ray Peat said:
"Although he was a geneticist and bred the mice that demonstrated the inheritance of cancer, he also showed that simple therapeutic measures would not only prevent cancer in a susceptible individual, but would also prevent cancer in many generations of the treated animal's descendants... Inheritance isn't indelibly fixed. A physiological state is passed on…"

Source

Tell that to Angelina Jolie (and the millions of other women who will follow her example).

jaguar43

We need a conversation on genetics. Even mainstream science is turning towards a Lamarckian theme.But some people continue to believe in WAPF genetic determinism. Someone said that an all milk diet would have worked 3 generations ago, but we are so degenerated that it cannot work not. She also said that people use to need only dessicated, but after a few generations people need t3. This type of thinking doesn't do anyone good, I believe there are answers, but science has been restricted.

I not sure if any of you guys know about wapf, but they would say that flat feet is genetic and you can't do anything once you have it. But once I began t3 an t4 my arch began to grow. They never caught on that in his book he wrote about the native americans from canada eating deer thyroid after getting married to become fertile.

I think ray has said that only 2 percent of all diseases are genetic, the rest are environmental.

ilovethesea

That is amazing about your feet! Yeah WAPF is better than mainstream but it's only halfway there - there is a lot of noble savage worshipping in that crowd, without any scientific basis behind it. Plus those people don't exactly look like the picture of good health - they are really overweight and I think use the diet as an excuse to eat really rich fattening things like duck skin and those crispy nuts. I didn't like how they attempted to take down Peat here, what a joke http://www.westonaprice.org/thumbs-down ... r-ray-peat

As for Angelina Jolie, did you see this article? http://www.naturalnews.com/040365_Angel ... ision.html
I believe it.

What is sad is that the general public blindly accepts this 'genes are destiny' argument. I had a conversation with some female acquaintances and they all treated me like a freak for saying what Angelina had done was barbaric. They tried to tell me I didn't understand her worry because I don't have kids... um whatever. It's absolutely insane to cut off healthy body parts. (Although as my male friend said, 'she probably just wanted to get new implants.' haha)

Although I guess you have to go through the 'system' with a health problem to really know how f*cked up it is at all levels... which is how I arrived at finding Ray Peat.

J

j.

ilovethesea said:
Although I guess you have to go through the 'system' with a health problem to really know how f*cked up it is at all levels... which is how I arrived at finding Ray Peat.

Yeah, the researchers of the scientific community, you would never guess that these seemingly smart people who studied for all these years would be for all practical purposes a bunch of idiots.