Inhaler distributing adrenal function and promoting hot flushes?

Lizb

Is it possible that my inhaler is promoting hot flushes by interfering with adrenal function?

Is ciclesonide anticholinergic?

my sleep is horrendous.

Corticosteroid inhalers often cause sleep problems because they are systemically absorbed. It is better to cut down to the lowest amount you need. If this is for asthma, then you want to pursue Buteyko breathing and you won’t need any medication for that anymore.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Corticosteroid inhalers often cause sleep problems because they are systemically absorbed. It is better to cut down to the lowest amount you need. If this is for asthma, then you want to pursue Buteyko breathing and you won’t need any medication for that anymore.
Marvelous. Thank you for your time and well noted.

I did buteyko for 5 years with tutoring. I have reduced my inhaler usage. I no longer use a bronchodilator.

Unfortunately I have bronchiectasis as well as asthma which makes buteyko difficult, in that the cleansing reactions were too debilitating. I actually thought in the end that it was dangerous for me to continue. I really don't think I could do all those steps and breathe holds again!

Anyway, I still do reduced breathing before bed but that's all. I wonder if I could do some more during the day. It's quite a discipline isn't it.....?

Montelucast is prescribed. I can't work out whether I need it or not, so presumably that means I don't actually need it!

Mmm I wonder if I change things up and drop the inhaler (in stages), start taking montelucast regularly and increased gentle reduced breathing practices would do the trick.....

The techniques for buteyko have been a great help to me......

Mouth closed all the time
Quiet gentle belly breathing
Generally being very aware of my breath
Relaxation
Walking with the technique is great
Etc etc.....

Thanks again. Very much appreciated.

I hope your wife is now fully recovered.

These are good but the most powerful method is use of a Frolov device, and then putting it into a jug, covering with a dish towel and using it that way, which concentrates CO2 and also brings it down under slight pressure into the lower alveoli where it has incredible benefits. I have found this practice is far better than any other and should eliminate your need for any inhalers.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

These are good but the most powerful method is use of a Frolov device, and then putting it into a jug, covering with a dish towel and using it that way, which concentrates CO2 and also brings it down under slight pressure into the lower alveoli where it has incredible benefits. I have found this practice is far better than any other and should eliminate your need for any inhalers.
Blimey. Thank you.

Right. I'll look into frolov device. I have heard of it.

I hate bag breathing by the way so don't do it.

It would be a real joy to be able to breathe better....and to sleep! The fundamentals of life taken for granted until you don't have them.