Inhalation Of Very Strong Chemical Glue, Brain Cell Damage?

TreasureVibe

Hi there. Yesterday, my brother decided to refurbish our staircase. He used a certain chemical foundation glue for this which contains methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone. There were very strong fumes of this glue substance, almost intoxicating, and could be smelled everywhere in the house. It crept through all cracks. I walked on the staircase unknowingly and inhaled it, and felt very lightheaded afterwards, and really strange in the head.

Does anyone know if inhalation of this substance can cause neurons (brain cells) damage? I have looked it up and some studies already indicated that it did. And, if it does, is it possible to regenerate these brain cells, or would the damage that was done be irreversible? A day after, I still feel this numbing feeling in the head. Also is there a protective substance (vitamin etc) that could be protective against such a chemical substance?

I would really appreciate it and I hope someone can help me out here.

Here are the actual technical specifications of the products that were used: https://www.bison.nl/c
ontent/dam/boltonadhesives/products/import/48/nl/1490/50.pdf

https://www.hornbach.nl/data/shop/D04/001/780/495/162/24/4139127_Doc_01_NL_20141027113044.pdf

The total ingredients list of the two glues were:

Acrylate copolymeres dispersion
methylisothiazolinone
methylchloroisothiazolinone
Calcium sulfate dihydrate
N-butyl acetate
Dimethyl sulfoxide
Cyclohexanone

Thank you!

Last edited:

Kunder

You have to understand that there are people out there, who breathe that stuff in 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for decades. Either during the glue’s manufacture or use. Some sure do develop dissease, many don’t. Even after those decades of contact.

So no, from a single brief exposure you’re unlikely to die or go stupid. Although...never mind.

Just have a cocoa and pop a C vitamin, it’ll make it all better in no time. ✌️

I think I have a shampoo with methylisothiazolinone :hungover:

OP
T

TreasureVibe

You have to understand that there are people out there, who breathe that stuff in 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for decades. Either during the glue’s manufacture or use. Some sure do develop dissease, many don’t. Even after those decades of contact.

So no, from a single brief exposure you’re unlikely to die or go stupid. Although...never mind.

Just have a cocoa and pop a C vitamin, it’ll make it all better in no time. ✌️
What's a cocoa? Cocoa butter?

I think I have a shampoo with methylisothiazolinone :hungover:
It's toxic to the brains when in the bloodstream in rats.

Kunder

I meant to say have some cocoa powder with milk...where I am it is often given to kids to make them go to sleep or calm down at least.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I meant to say have some cocoa powder with milk...where I am it is often given to kids to make them go to sleep or calm down at least.

Lol! Well.. I should get some cocoa powder then. But seriously though, does the body have a proper system to clean itself from these kind of harsh chemicals? Even when they enter the brains?

And could these kind of chemicals induce veinous integrity changes? I know this sounds random but in my case it is relevant (varicocele).

Last edited:

Dave Clark

I have read that sauna use helps to get rid of these chemicals. When 911 happened at the World Trade Center, the fire fighters that were exposed to a bunch of chemicals were brought down to a center that I went to, it had a large professional sauna to accommodate. They used the niacin therapy, and other methods along with the sauna to clean them out, and monitored them with blood, urine, and hair testing.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I found out now that the fumes were coming from this particular product which contains the following dangerous substances according to its safety information sheet. It is a floor glue remover.

N-butyl acetate
Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO)
Cyclohexanone

Product name: Alabastine Super vloerlijmafbijt (Dutch name) translated: Super glue remover

Safety sheet (Dutch): https://www.hornbach.nl/data/shop/D04/001/780/495/163/61/4139132_Doc_01_NL_20141027123125.pdf

Fumes when inhaled can cause dizziness and sleepiness. Multiple people have reported on the internet that the stuff doesn't work lots of times and creates an enormous stinky smell, which could damage your brains they assume.

So, with these particular chemicals, how could I detox them? Sauna and niacin?

aguilaroja

...my brother decided to refurbish our staircase. He used a certain chemical foundation glue for this which contains methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone...is there a protective substance (vitamin etc) that could be protective against such a chemical substance?...

This question is being read as how to protect against the recent exposure. Filtering and avoidance of fumes is easier for future exposure than finding a metabolic potion. Anti-shock measures will generally be neuro-protective too.

Since much elimination is done via the liver, liver-supportive measures are helpful. There are many forum posts about liver-protective approaches. They include caffeine, aspirin, niacinamide, liothyronine, progesterone and many more.

Similarly, extra short term bowel function support, reducing endotoxin (e.g carrot fiber, bamboo shoots, or mushroom fiber) and keeping motility good (cascara) are helpful.

Abundant neuron-capacity in humans is largely supported by a well-nourished, stimulating, social and environmentally enriched life.

DesertRat

Dr Bill

Rea of EHCD is the leader in treating people who become ill from chemical exposure. He has found that sauna is useful, especially with replenishment of electrolytes and some nutrients (I am not sure which, think they are determined individually). You know that poison control centers use activated charcoal liberally, and that's also easy to get. Finally, inhaling glutathione either with a nebulizer or this gadget that sprays it up the nostrils (I forgot what it is called) can support the body in breaking it down and eliminating it.

Don't worry about permanent damage. The nervous system regenerates.

fradon

Hi there. Yesterday, my brother decided to refurbish our staircase. He used a certain chemical foundation glue for this which contains methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone. There were very strong fumes of this glue substance, almost intoxicating, and could be smelled everywhere in the house. It crept through all cracks. I walked on the staircase unknowingly and inhaled it, and felt very lightheaded afterwards, and really strange in the head.

Does anyone know if inhalation of this substance can cause neurons (brain cells) damage? I have looked it up and some studies already indicated that it did. And, if it does, is it possible to regenerate these brain cells, or would the damage that was done be irreversible? A day after, I still feel this numbing feeling in the head. Also is there a protective substance (vitamin etc) that could be protective against such a chemical substance?

I would really appreciate it and I hope someone can help me out here.

Here are the actual technical specifications of the products that were used: https://www.bison.nl/c
ontent/dam/boltonadhesives/products/import/48/nl/1490/50.pdf

https://www.hornbach.nl/data/shop/D04/001/780/495/162/24/4139127_Doc_01_NL_20141027113044.pdf

The total ingredients list of the two glues were:

Acrylate copolymeres dispersion
methylisothiazolinone
methylchloroisothiazolinone
N-butyl acetate
Dimethyl sulfoxide
Cyclohexanone

Thank you!

yes its possible to have neuron damage but chances are you didn't cause your body can detox it. many poroducts have OFF GASSING like carpets and it would take years of breathing that stuff to have any real iq lowering effects.

from what i read is SEX can create new brain neurons from an aritcle i read about people in comas or who have had strokes.

Back
Top Bottom