Ingestion Of Resistant Starch Protects Endotoxin Influx From

Edward

Ingestion of resistant starch protects endotoxin influx from the intestinal tract and reduces D-galactosamine-induced liver injury in rats

Gabriel

Re: Ingestion of resistant starch protects endotoxin influx

Very interesting. I guess you have a less critical view towards starch?

I have always tolerated it well, especially white rice (and often better than things like milk and juice).

OP
Edward

Edward

It's sad to think that a man would filter his exposure to reality through the judgement of single man.

Where in hell do we find high-amylose cornstarch? How is it better than carrot salad?

paper_clips43

I did the resistant starch thing on the last few months of Paleo.
The first few weeks I had a lot of gas although not smelly or uncomfortable.
I noticed a huge increase in energy and most important a much better sleep and dream sequence.
After two months on the RS kick I was starting to get into Peats ideas.
So I then incorporated raw milk back in.
I got sick immedietly with basically flu symptoms and lots of bathroom breaks. :shock:
They were completely gone after not eating anything for about 18 hours.
I read up on RS some more and it seems people have similar responses.
Once they start consuming more RS they become dairy intolerant if otherwise were not.

Well thats my experience. Not sure how it helps but I thought I would share.

kiran

I believe gluten intolerance is also connected to resistant starch.

There's a study in which gluten intolerant people felt even better after eliminating FODMAPs(Fermentable, Poorly Absorbed, Short-Chain Carbohydrates) from their diet, and stopped responding negatively to gluten.

http://huntgatherlove.com/content/glute ... ntolerance

Blossom

Forum Supporter

The fructan portion of wheat is a FODMAP. There's a lot of information out there but it seems some people with IBS do well on lower FODMAP foods. I did it for awhile when paleo seemed to destroy my gut and it was at least an improvement over paleo or SAD. It didn't have any amazing healing qualities imo but helpful anyway. So some who thought they were gluten intolerant found by generally limiting FODMAP's they could tolerate it. I remember too that different people felt more sensitive to certain FODMAPS. I'm glad I don't have to worry about all that anymore. Monash university has a handy app for this approach.

paper_clips43

Ray Peat said:
“The active fraction of the thyroid hormone, triiodothyronine, or liothyronine (T3), is essential for the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone, as is the retinol form of vitamin A. Butyric acid is known to facilitate the entry of T3 into the mitochondrion.”

Resistant Starch is supposed increase Butyric Acid.

Rickyman

So this guy edward doesn't back up his claims? Post a title and scurry off? Why cause more confusion dumbass?