Ingested Pieces Of Mold From Juice, Belly Inflated

boris

Yesterday I opened a fresh bottle of apple juice from the fridge and drank a significant amount right out of the bottle. Only afterwards I noticed a weird taste. I looked into the cap that was still in my hand and it was black on the inside, in the bottle are scobey like black pieces floating around which I probably ingested too.

Ever since then my stomach is extremely bloated, a problem which I never had. It is literally like an inflated balloon with lots of pressure and I look like a pregnant woman.

It‘s been almost 24h. Had bowel movements in the morning but zero appetite the whole day only drank a glass of coke and milk and ate a carrot. Mentally extremely irritated, angry, frustrated.

What can I do to minimise any damage? And hopefully cure the bloating?

As far as supps go I have Aspirin, K2 and niacinamide at home. I have charcoal powder and tablets which seem to be pressed from powder, but persorption worries me.

Yesterday I opened a fresh bottle of apple juice from the fridge and drank a significant amount right out of the bottle. Only afterwards I noticed a weird taste. I looked into the cap that was still in my hand and it was black on the inside, in the bottle are scobey like black pieces floating around which I probably ingested too.

Ever since then my stomach is extremely bloated, a problem which I never had. It is literally like an inflated balloon with lots of pressure and I look like a pregnant woman.

It‘s been almost 24h. Had bowel movements in the morning but zero appetite the whole day only drank a glass of coke and milk and ate a carrot. Mentally extremely irritated, angry, frustrated.

What can I do to minimise any damage? And hopefully cure the bloating?

As far as supps go I have Aspirin, K2 and niacinamide at home. I have charcoal powder and tablets which seem to be pressed from powder, but persorption worries me.

i dont know much about the situation,but i do know that garlic is also antifungal.
what i would do is eat 3 light meals,and with each of it 2 to 4 cloves of fine cut garlic.

OP
boris

boris

I stayed away from garlic for a long time but I‘m going to eat some of my flatmates. Thanks for the suggestion!

I stayed away from garlic for a long time but I‘m going to eat some of my flatmates. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also i wouldnt worry about the persorbtion too much. but if you take the charcoal,mix it with water.it has to have
sufficient surface to absorb.tablets can be iffy.

OP
boris

boris

If it doesn‘t get better tomorrow I‘ll try the charcoal. I tried the powdered kind a long time ago before I knew about Peat and I was kind of puzzled that none of it showed up in my stool. Took just one teaspoon with tons of water, maybe it wasn‘t enough to blacken my stool..... Or it got persorbed completely :lol:

If it doesn‘t get better tomorrow I‘ll try the charcoal. I tried the powdered kind a long time ago before I knew about Peat and I was kind of puzzled that none of it showed up in my stool. Took just one teaspoon with tons of water, maybe it wasn‘t enough to blacken my stool..... Or it got persorbed completely :lol:

Everything was fine.the amount was just very low.
From Mayo Clinic:
For activated charcoal and Adults and teenagers—Dose is usually 50 to 100 grams of activated charcoal given one time.

OP
boris

boris

Damn.... pharmacies in Germany sell them in tiny amounts then.

5g activated charcoal for 6€. Or a 50g container for 20€. Seeing the internet prices now I feel scammed :D

5g activated charcoal for 6€. Or a 50g container for 20€. Seeing the internet prices now I feel scammed :D

Go for a container Bro.YOLO!:satellite::blackalien:

Dude don't take 100g of activated charcoal, that's retarded. That Mayo clinic number is probably referring to people who've massively overdosed on stuff like APAP.

That's like 1/4 of a pound for Christ's Sake's. The reason you can't buy anything higher is because no one takes that amount. Consuming 100g would give you a bowel obstruction or something.

This is ******* stupid. Don't do that OP. Take like 5g-10g activated charcoal spread throughout the day (either in capsules or mixed with water don't take the dry powder alone).

I'm hoping you guys were just joking.

Usual Adult Dose for Gastrointestinal Decontamination
Activated Charcoal:
Single-dose: 25 to 100 g orally or by nasogastric tube once, as a slurry in water. The routine use of single-dose activated charcoal is not recommended.

Multiple-dose:
Initial dose: 50 to 100 g orally or by nasogastric tube, as a slurry in water
Maintenance dose: 12.5 g every hour, 25 g every 2 hours, or 50 g every 4 hours until symptoms resolve.

1. Drugs A to Z
  2. Charcoal
  3. Dosage
Print Share
Charcoal Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 17, 2019.

Applies to the following strengths: 25 g; 50 g; 15 g; 260 mg; 250 mg; 200 mg; 30 g

Usual Adult Dose for:
Usual Pediatric Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Gastrointestinal Decontamination
Activated Charcoal:
Single-dose: 25 to 100 g orally or by nasogastric tube once, as a slurry in water. The routine use of single-dose activated charcoal is not recommended.

Multiple-dose:
Initial dose: 50 to 100 g orally or by nasogastric tube, as a slurry in water
Maintenance dose: 12.5 g every hour, 25 g every 2 hours, or 50 g every 4 hours until symptoms resolve.

Usual Adult Dose for Flatulence
Capsules and tablets: 500 to 1040 mg up to 4 times daily as needed. Not effective in the treatment of poisoning.

Usual Pediatric Dose for Gastrointestinal Decontamination
Activated Charcoal:
Administer aqueous suspension or as a slurry in water.
Single dose:
<1 year: 0.5 to 1 g/kg or 10 to 25 g orally or by nasogastric tube once
1-12 years: 0.5 to 1 g/kg or 25 to 50 g orally or by nasogastric tube once
13-18 years: Single-dose: 25 to 100 g orally or by nasogastric tube once
The routine use of single-dose activated charcoal is not recommended.

Multiple-dose:
<13 years: Initial dose: 10 to 25 g orally or by nasogastric tube, as a slurry in water
Maintenance dose: 1 to 2 g/kg every 2 to 4 hours
13-18 years: Initial dose: 50 to 100 g orally or by nasogastric tube, as a slurry in water
Maintenance dose: 12.5 g every hour, 25 g every 2 hours, or 50 g every 4 hours until toxic symptoms resolve.

Usual Pediatric Dose for Flatulence
3 to 18 years:
Capsules and tablets: 500 to 1040 mg up to 4 times daily as needed. Not effective in the treatment of poisoning.

Renal Dose Adjustments
No adjustment recommended

Liver Dose Adjustments
No adjustment recommended

Precautions

The routine use of single-dose activated charcoal for the management of poisoning is not recommended.

Administration is contraindicated in the presence of an unprotected airway, in patients with or at risk of gastrointestinal hemorrhage, perforation, or obstruction, or if administration would increase the risk of aspiration (i.e., hydrocarbon ingestion).

Caution is recommended in patients with poor gastrointestinal motility.

Should not be used in the management of acute corrosive or petroleum distillate ingestion since vomiting can occur following charcoal administration. Charcoal may also obscure the endoscopic evaluation of gastroesophageal lesions.

May be administered in an attempt to adsorb any ingested toxic agent (where physical or other contraindications are not present), but it is known to be much less effective in the adsorption of boric acid, cadmium, cyanide, DDT, ethanol, ethylene glycol, iron, lead, lithium, mercury, methanol, potassium chloride, selenium, strong acid or alkali (may obscure lesion on endoscopy), and organic solvents.

Minimum dilution: 240 mL water per 20 to 30 g charcoal.

Milk, chocolate syrup, ice cream, and sherbet should not be mixed with charcoal because they may reduce its efficacy.

Activated charcoal may adsorb therapeutic agents while it remains in the GI tract. Dosages or route of administration of therapeutic drugs may need to be altered.

Charcoal tablets and capsules are ineffective for the treatment of poisoning due to inferior adsorptive capacity.

Slushy them bro,the pills and capsules.

I would go for 50g,i did activated charcoal before,and just nothing of side effects came.

..Even One year olds are Wolfing down 10g to 25g.

:banghead:nomnompopcorn

Go for 25g,and later on 25g again.

Minimum dilution: 240 mL water per 20 to 30 g charcoal.

CLASH

l'd try activated charcoal first then go with raw carrots, coconut oil, vinegar, salt and some oregano oil to flush everything out. If you dont have oregano oil I dont think its a big deal.

OP
boris

boris

Thank you everyone. Appreciate your input!

I ate some spinach broth with crushed garlic which was surprisingly super tasty. I had a „high“ like feeling afterwards with slightly altered vision, but it wasn‘t unpleasant.

Added back some vinegar to my carrot. I‘m going to look more into borax. The pressure on the belly has gone down, but it still looks somewhat bloated. Maybe I got a little fatter the past week and hadn’t noticed yet.

Penicillin is a good idea. I wanted to clean out my gut for a long time anyways, so far through dietary changes I had some improvements, but acne, dandruff and white tounge still gets me under stress. Need to try flowers of sulphur and oregano oil too. It‘s on the to do list.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. Appreciate your input!

I ate some spinach broth with crushed garlic which was surprisingly super tasty. I had a „high“ like feeling afterwards with slightly altered vision, but it wasn‘t unpleasant.

Added back some vinegar to my carrot. I‘m going to look more into borax. The pressure on the belly has gone down, but it still looks somewhat bloated. Maybe I got a little fatter the past week and hadn’t noticed yet.

Penicillin is a good idea. I wanted to clean out my gut for a long time anyways, so far through dietary changes I had some improvements, but acne, dandruff and white tounge still gets me under stress. Need to try flowers of sulphur and oregano oil too. It‘s on the to do list.

mold is a fungus,penicillin is from them,but it works for bacterial infection only,but not sure.