Infrared Mats Vs. Red Light?

Xisca

Anyone knows how to compare micron and nm?

x-ray peat

I am going to buy this one
Yoga mat, heated mat - Firzone - Leaders in thermal infrared technology

but I want to get also a lamp!

I feel safe doing sauna, I have done before.
I have no hyper tension nor fast heart beats, all the contrary in fact!

And yes, FIR sauna have the advantage that you do not heat very Deep inside the body. The air is not hot, this is radiation, not convexion.
I would stick with 3 heat lamps and a small bathroom. That mat doesn't quite look like it would get hot enough to make you sweat and if it did the pad would get gross after a while. just my 2 cents,
I was thinking about doing something like this.

Xisca

Well, she recommends FAR infra red like this mat!

Ledo

The following are 3 extracts from Dr. Sherry A. Rogers, M.D. book "Detoxify or Die"
"At the far end of the infrared spectrum are the longest and most healing rays, the far infrared (FIR) spectrum, spanning from 1,000 to 4 microns. Between 4-14 microns in the FIR (far infrared) spectrum, fall most of the rays that are the safest and most vital to health and healing. They are responsible for photosynthesis, without which there would be no life on each". 1
"Far infrared wavelengths lower lactic acid (the acid that accumulates and causes pain in muscles when you have overdone during exercising), stimulate endorphins or happy hormones of the brain, and kill organisms like bacteria and parasites. More important, they penetrate tissues, detoxify cells by vibrating ionic bonds, stop swelling, improve lymphatic flow and blood circulation, and attract calcium to cell membranes where it is needed for healing." 2
"the far infrared sauna is far safer and infinitely more tolerable, because it uses a heat energy that penetrates tissues, triggering mobilization of chemicals from subcutaneous fat storage,directly into the sweat. This activating penetration allows for a much lower overall temperature to be used, one that is enjoyable and not torture." 3
Source
1 Page 208 Detoxify or Die 2002, Sand Key Co. Rogers SA M.D.
2 Page 209 Detoxify or Die 2002, Sand Key Co. Rogers SA M.D.
3 Page 199 Detoxify or Die 2002, Sand Key Co. Rogers SA M.D.
I have had good success with a homemade adhock sauna.
I purchased 3 250 W phillips heat lamps from building supply with socket and wire clamp.
I cut a closet down to size by draping heavy wool blankets at the side and using a piece of cut styrofoam to drop vertical height. On the back wall I screwed in 3 coat hooks under drop ceiling height.
Using an extension cord run under the door for power I lit the lights each clamped to a coat hook shining on one spot.
Next, using an old coat and snow pants I do some quick exercising (stairs or calisthenics) to get warm. At that point strip down and get into sauna. It is possible to break a perfuse sweat in just a few minutes.
I am always sure to drink some fresh squeezed OJ before entering for protection from FFA stress.
I am going to look into the cilantro...wonder what else.

Oh yes, probably best not to let anyone catch you doing weird shite like this:smuggrin:

minni

I'm in a state of despair due to major degeneration this past year. Entire body - beyond the pale. (Scoliosis, bodywide arthritis, fingers not working well anymore, severe varicose, hips/knees/feet issues. Eyes/ears. Ad nauseum. I'm in terror, as I'm all alone, and only in mid-50's.

Been considering both infrared, as well as seen the below, which is WAY expensive.
The infrared option is also WAY expensive, albeit less than 2K, compared to the other.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals