Infrared Mats Vs. Red Light?

achar45

Hi! I'm new to red light therapy, but have heard about infrared mats before, does anyone know if infrared mats have the same kind of benefits? I like the idea because you can sleep on one and no need for any setup and all that...

paymanz

Those mats are in far infrared range I think.

To my knowledge far infrared are not as beneficial as near infrared , but the heat that produced by it for ure is beneficial.especially when applied to lower back,feets...

raypeatclips

After a quick google all these infrared mats looks very "faddy" you can tell the sort of sites I mean, where you know the product is going to be about $400. I bet you can get the same benefits by just sleeping with a normal red light pointing at you. I know a few of the people on here having talked about doing that, and I think Ray has as well at some point. I personally wouldn't waste my money on one of the mats.

OP
A

achar45

Thanks for the responses, I did read a book about raising body temperature that advocated the mats quite a bit but they are much more expensive, I'm going to try to try both without buying them and report back with anything interesting, but I do agree that they're faddy...

Xisca

Not so expensive:
Yoga mat, heated mat - Firzone - Leaders in thermal infrared technology

I am surprised, as they say, and other webs do say, that far IR is therapeutic.
The heat is like the sun radiation, and increasing your temp is doing the same job as fever for killing bugs inside you!
+ it helps to detox heavy metals.
It even seems to have been measured with fat analysis.

I do want to detox mercury, + my normal temps are too low + I have some chronic light infection (mouth and throat and sinus) + I have tendinitis.

I do not understand what is the difference and the use of red light.
What is said about the 5-15 micron range seems ok....

Sucrates

@Xisca one of the most useful effects from red and near infrared light is that it removes nitric oxide from the mitochondria, allowing the use of oxygen. This only happens at those wavelengths as far as we know. There may be a benefit to warming up but it's a separate effect. You can get some red, near infrared and heat from heat lamps.

x-ray peat

Not so expensive:

I am surprised, as they say, and other webs do say, that far IR is therapeutic.
The heat is like the sun radiation, and increasing your temp is doing the same job as fever for killing bugs inside you!
+ it helps to detox heavy metals.
It even seems to have been measured with fat analysis.

I do want to detox mercury, + my normal temps are too low + I have some chronic light infection (mouth and throat and sinus) + I have tendinitis.

I do not understand what is the difference and the use of red light.
What is said about the 5-15 micron range seems ok....
I recently got into light therapy and agree its a bit overwhelming the amount of info to learn. In a nutshell.
Redlight around 620-750 nm is good for skin treatment like wrinkles and for hair growth
near Infrared red 750-900 nm is good for deeper tissue, sore muscles, thryroid, internal organs
both stimulate mitochondrial activity
both of these have a bell shaped curve for effectiveness, meaning too little doesn't do much and too much can be dangerous
Far infrared is used for detox as in saunas. Here I think you need to sweat to get the toxins out otherwise you may just release them to the bloodstream and then they retoxify some other area of the body.

L

lollipop

I recently got into light therapy and agree its a bit overwhelming the amount of info to learn. In a nutshell.
Redlight around 620-750 nm is good for skin treatment like wrinkles and for hair growth
near Infrared red 750-900 nm is good for deeper tissue, sore muscles, thryroid, internal organs
both stimulate mitochondrial activity
both of these have a bell shaped curve for effectiveness, meaning too little doesn't do much and too much can be dangerous
Far infrared is used for detox as in saunas. Here I think you need to sweat to get the toxins out otherwise you may just release them to the bloodstream and then they retoxify some other area of the body.
What is that range @x-ray peat? Between too little and too much?

x-ray peat

What is that range @x-ray peat? Between too little and too much?
Its kind of complicated as every light gives off a different amount of power. So you first need to know the power density of your light in mW/cm2 and then can do the calculations based on the red light studies for what you want to accomplish. I have no idea how powerful my lights are as I bought a generic grow light and an IR security light. For now, I basically use them for about 60 seconds in each spot until I can figure out what I have.
Here is probably more info than you were asking for.
Complete guide to light therapy dosing - Red Light Man

L

lollipop

Its kind of complicated as every light gives off a different amount of power. So you first need to know the power density of your light in mW/cm2 and then can do the calculations based on the red light studies for what you want to accomplish. I have no idea how powerful my lights are as I bought a generic grow light and an IR security light. For now, I basically use them for about 60 seconds in each spot until I can figure out what I have.
Here is probably more info than you were asking for.
Complete guide to light therapy dosing - Red Light Man
Thank you @x-ray peat!

Xisca

@Xisca one of the most useful effects from red and near infrared light is that it removes nitric oxide from the mitochondria, allowing the use of oxygen. This only happens at those wavelengths as far as we know. There may be a benefit to warming up but it's a separate effect. You can get some red, near infrared and heat from heat lamps.
Super useful, now I understand better!
I want to use oxygen better and say farewell to lactic acid and pain!
So I need red lamp.

But I also want to detox mercury and whatever, toxid endotoxin, as it seems obvious I have these.
I am not sure we need to sweat.
It seems that heat is enough, but the FIR range in that case.
When we sweat we need to shower right after.

x-ray peat

Super useful, now I understand better!
I want to use oxygen better and say farewell to lactic acid and pain!
So I need red lamp.

But I also want to detox mercury and whatever, toxid endotoxin, as it seems obvious I have these.
I am not sure we need to sweat.
It seems that heat is enough, but the FIR range in that case.
When we sweat we need to shower right after.
If you don't sweat out the toxins then they are just being liberated from the fat cells and into the blood stream. Some will retoxify the body and some will stress the kidneys and liver as they are removed. Sweating is a major detox process that avoids all that.
I would take cilantro and other mercury binders at the same time just to be sure.

Sucrates

I think the stress of excessive sweating might be a net negative even it it does release metals.

x-ray peat

I think the stress of excessive sweating might be a net negative even it it does release metals.
The benefit of IR saunas is that the body is not heated up as much as normal saunas to get an equivalent amount of detox. If @Xisca does have mercury poisoning I think the "stress" is worth it. IMO saunas are quite relaxing and probably counteract any increase in stress from sweating

Sucrates

The benefit of IR saunas is that the body is not heated up as much as normal saunas to get an equivalent amount of detox. If @Xisca does have mercury poisoning I think the "stress" is worth it. IMO saunas are quite relaxing and probably counteract any increase in stress from sweating

Thanks for the clarification, that's interesting.

Xisca

Some will retoxify the body and some will stress the kidneys and liver as they are removed. Sweating is a major detox process that avoids all that.
This confirm the need I have...
I do have liver and kidneys that are tense according to osteopath!
And I sweat less in winter....
And I have always been a person that sweats Little...
(I used to think this was great!)
And if I sweat walking out of home, then I cannot shower to remove toxins. Do you know how long we have to shower off toxins before they are re-absorbed?

Xisca

I am going to buy this one

but I want to get also a lamp!

I feel safe doing sauna, I have done before.
I have no hyper tension nor fast heart beats, all the contrary in fact!

And yes, FIR sauna have the advantage that you do not heat very Deep inside the body. The air is not hot, this is radiation, not convexion.

Xisca

The following are 3 extracts from Dr. Sherry A. Rogers, M.D. book "Detoxify or Die"
"At the far end of the infrared spectrum are the longest and most healing rays, the far infrared (FIR) spectrum, spanning from 1,000 to 4 microns. Between 4-14 microns in the FIR (far infrared) spectrum, fall most of the rays that are the safest and most vital to health and healing. They are responsible for photosynthesis, without which there would be no life on each". 1
"Far infrared wavelengths lower lactic acid (the acid that accumulates and causes pain in muscles when you have overdone during exercising), stimulate endorphins or happy hormones of the brain, and kill organisms like bacteria and parasites. More important, they penetrate tissues, detoxify cells by vibrating ionic bonds, stop swelling, improve lymphatic flow and blood circulation, and attract calcium to cell membranes where it is needed for healing." 2
"the far infrared sauna is far safer and infinitely more tolerable, because it uses a heat energy that penetrates tissues, triggering mobilization of chemicals from subcutaneous fat storage,directly into the sweat. This activating penetration allows for a much lower overall temperature to be used, one that is enjoyable and not torture." 3
Source
1 Page 208 Detoxify or Die 2002, Sand Key Co. Rogers SA M.D.
2 Page 209 Detoxify or Die 2002, Sand Key Co. Rogers SA M.D.
3 Page 199 Detoxify or Die 2002, Sand Key Co. Rogers SA M.D.

Xisca

Vs, for red visible light....
To maximize the benefits of red light therapy, there are two main factors: light wavelength and delivered amount of light energy. Let’s start with wavelength. While most devices deliver red light between 630-700 nm, you will see ranges from almost orange (600 nm) all the way to 800 - 900 nm, which is in the near infrared range.

So which is the best? You can find published studies that show benefits of virtually all of these wavelengths. However, the bulk of evidence suggests that light in the mid-600 nm range and low- to mid-800 nm range is extremely effective.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals