Infrared Light 5A-r Activity

Watson350

I feel a little foggy today after infrared light therapy yesterday for hair loss. Does it effect DHT or 5A-R? Anyone feel a fuzzy head the day after using red light man infrared mini?

Nebula

Your brain might have received too much IR. It does penetrate the skull if the source is close enough. Some people try to target the brain on purpose and it's easy to overdo.

Last edited:
OP
W

Watson350

Your brain might have received too much IR. It does penetrate the skull if the source is close enough. Some people try to target the brain on purpose and it's easy to overdo.
I hope I did not permanently fry myself in a five minute session

Nebula

A couple inches above head
Yeah that's far too high of a dose, especially for treating the scalp. Take a look at the Redlight man dosing guides to calculate your session more accurately for your target tissue and dose. Most likely it's going to be more optimal around 30-60 seconds at 6 inches or longer at farther away.

OP
W

Watson350

Yeah that's far too high of a dose, especially for treating the scalp. Take a look at the Redlight man dosing guides to calculate your session more accurately for your target tissue and dose. Most likely it's going to be more optimal around 30-60 seconds at 6 inches or longer at farther away.
well I hope I didn't severely hurt myself due to stupidity, thank you

Luk3

I emailed Red Light Man about this the other week. They said it’s best to use 30cm from scalp for about 5 minutes.

OP
W

Watson350

I emailed Red Light Man about this the other week. They said it’s best to use 30cm from scalp for about 5 minutes.
Well that makes me feel better than the 30-60 seconds dosage, hopefully I'll feel better tommorow

Soren

Forum Supporter

Helped me a lot with thyroid health, muscle recovery from exercise and helping to prevent and heal skin damage from the sun.

Nebula

Well that makes me feel better than the 30-60 seconds dosage, hopefully I'll feel better tommorow
Yeah, just increase the distance to 12 inches. It's much harder to overdose from a farther distance. Less intense light/farther away, but longer time is more natural for redlight therapy and usually preferable.