"Infrared" Incandescent, Same As Normal Incandescent?

Gadsie

I'm hoping somebody smart can help me out. I have the philips 250W infrared bulb. It's incandescent, but I'm not too happy with the "infrared" label, since it's the red and near-infrared that's actually beneficial.
The reason I didn't buy a regular incandescent bulb is because I can only get non-branded bulbs from eastern europe, and one of them exploded once, so i don't want that to happen in my face.

The philips lamp gives off very warm light (which I know is the infrared), but the light is visually white, would it be safe to assume that I'm getting plenty of beneficial wavelengths as well?

I can't find any data on the bulb, except that it peaks at 1000nm, which would be same as a regular incandescent. However I still don't know why my philips lamp is so warm compared to regular bulbs.

Yes, but it should be more orange than white. The phillips high watt bulbs are called infrared bulbs, I think possibly to get around regulation banning incandescent for home use.

southcesar

I'm hoping somebody smart can help me out. I have the philips 250W infrared bulb. It's incandescent, but I'm not too happy with the "infrared" label, since it's the red and near-infrared that's actually beneficial.
The reason I didn't buy a regular incandescent bulb is because I can only get non-branded bulbs from eastern europe, and one of them exploded once, so i don't want that to happen in my face.

The philips lamp gives off very warm light (which I know is the infrared), but the light is visually white, would it be safe to assume that I'm getting plenty of beneficial wavelengths as well?

I can't find any data on the bulb, except that it peaks at 1000nm, which would be same as a regular incandescent. However I still don't know why my philips lamp is so warm compared to regular bulbs.
Have you been using and enjoying this lamp? I've been looking for information about it but I don't find much