Informative Interview About Methylene Blue

yerrag

this is the official medication

image.cfm
Thanks!

yerrag

Curious if anyone has used MB on their pets or other animals (such as farm animals, etc.)? Wondering if it can be used topically for infection, etc., and also for internal infections, by putting it in their water or food? I raise ducks, mostly for eggs, but they are pets as well, and they get issues that MB could possibly help, but I am cautious to give any to them until I learn more. So many people that have dogs and cats could also benefit from MB, from what it sounds. It would be just getting the dose right, I guess.
This article about oxidants such as MB may help. It doesn't directly answer your question, but I think it will let you consider some familiar substances we hear of in the forum, including MB.

yerrag

:threadjack @yerrag Did you suffer any effects from Typhoon Goni?
Fortunately, no. Metro Manila was only on the periphery of its path so the intensity was a lot less. Thanks for asking. Glad it did not do the damage on the scale of Haiyan seven years ago.

Progesterone

Hey RJ my Methylene Blue will be from the same source as HealthNatura's. USP grade and tested for purity.

I've been reading RP forum for a while now and just don't comment often. I did not sign up "just to make a post" about it. I'm very excited to be able to share the product with my family and friends, and extended social network here.

You seem interested so dont forget to follow along @lifebludco :)

When is your site up?

RohnJose

When is your site up?
I'll be getting all of my products within the next week or two. The MB should be within a couple of days. Other two are vitamin E in olive oil, and Magnesium Hydroxide (for bicarbonate). Hoping to be live in a week or two!

yerrag

This is another product that uses methylene blue, for UTI:

This is taken 4 times a day. In methylene blue terms, it is 4 x 10mg/day. There are also other ingredients though.

It's good to note the warnings and precautions, although I'm not sure if these are related to mb, or to the other ingredients.

Another product, Urolene Blue (discontinued) lists G6PD and kidney disease as a risk factor:

Also, it should not be taken together with MAO inhibitors.

Kray

Watched both of them. Very informative. Thanks.

I wished I knew that methylene blue could be used to deal with UTI. Had I known this, my mom would still be alive, as chronic UTI was her achilles heal in her twilight years.
Just reading this thread- I'm sorry about your mom, yerrag.

Since you mentioned about UTI, how much MB would you think helpful if chronic or acute UTI is suspected?

yerrag

Just reading this thread- I'm sorry about your mom, yerrag.

Since you mentioned about UTI, how much MB would you think helpful if chronic or acute UTI is suspected?
A commercial product uses 10 mg of mb (mixed with other substances) taken 4x a day.

Kray

A commercial product uses 10 mg of mb (mixed with other substances) taken 4x a day.
Yes, saw that. It's just such a huge jump from the mcg world that's been discussed on the forum. Thank you for your response.

yerrag

Yes, saw that. It's just such a huge jump from the mcg world that's been discussed on the forum. Thank you for your response.
I forgot I had posted about this on this same thread. The thing with methylene blue is that like other supplements/drugs, you have to use the right dosage. Otherwise, it will not be effective. But unlike other substances, it also has a biphasic curve in terms of response by the patient. This means that it is effective at a certain strength or dosage level, but if you increase the dosage beyond where it is recommended, it becomes less effective, or even counterproductive.

Since mb is used for many other purposes, the dosage used would be different from that used for UTI. Based on what the commercial product incorporating it and intended for use for UTI, a daily dose of 4 x 10 mg would be a good starting point for dosing.

I forgot I had posted about this on this same thread. The thing with methylene blue is that like other supplements/drugs, you have to use the right dosage. Otherwise, it will not be effective. But unlike other substances, it also has a biphasic curve in terms of response by the patient. This means that it is effective at a certain strength or dosage level, but if you increase the dosage beyond where it is recommended, it becomes less effective, or even counterproductive.

Since mb is used for many other purposes, the dosage used would be different from that used for UTI. Based on what the commercial product incorporating it and intended for use for UTI, a daily dose of 4 x 10 mg would be a good starting point for dosing.
I've taken 100-200mg multiple times, once I tried 270mg I think that was a bit much, made me feel like watery depressed kind of. That's milligrams not micrograms. I bought 1gram bottles of UPS grade powder. It was pricey but the only one in stock, and still way cheaper than the micrograms/drop solutions people are selling. 3-15x cheaper. Profit margins on those mb in water solution products must be great.. When I got covid I was taking around 120-170mg.

I've also eaten aged cheese I think it was parmesan while taking >120mg of methylene blue, without noticing any difference. I combined it with caffeine, with modafinil (I think with modafinil + caffeine + mb it did raise blood pressure). Maybe it does raise blood pressure or makes it not go down if that makes sense, It's like the blood pressure effect has a ceiling, because I didnt see much difference with increasing dosage.
From my experience the MAOI or serotonin risk people are saying is not super high. It could be just that was placebo for me. I wouldn't dare combine it with SSRIs or psychedelics, but for wine or aged cheese, fermented foods, I wouldn't worry, I would just start lower and increase dosage just in case.

The dosages Dr Gonzalez-Lima gave are consistent with dosages used in human research. I think the best effect was 2-4mg/kg of bodyweight per day, and if I remember Dr Gonzalez says somewhere around there, if you go higher you might reduce effectiveness and invert the effect on even higher dosages.
I couldn't find in the study that says 2-4mg/kg if they dosed it all at once or spread throughout the day.
For malaria there is a paper saying they used 35mg/kg per day with effectiveness. I imagine higher dosages could do the opposite from what you want but could for the same reason also be more anti-microbial. I speculate this based on the 35mg/kg that was used for malaria.
Gonzales also mentioned a cancer destroying protocol, by taking methylene blue, and then shinning red light only on the spot where the tumor is, I think it was for skin cancer. Maybe it could be used for other cancers because red light penetrates into the body to some length. Using red light to make the methylene blue toxic locally at the location you put the red light if I understand. So methylene blue + sun exposure or red light therapy is not good for general health?

For UTI I think it might be effective without requiring malaria level dosing, because methylene blue gets excreted through urine and I think builds up in the bladder until you take a piss in higher concentrations. When I was taking 100-200mg for a few days, then my urinary tract was burning a bit. This effect was consistent multiple times I took mb. I wonder why that is. Is it killing or promoting bacterial growth or is it directly causing the burning. For sure it is doing something at the dosages seen in the literature. My piss ranged from Turquoise blue to dark blue like the ocean.

I will say that maybe lower dosages, like 10-30miligram might have been better than higher dosages, because it did still work and maybe there was less of the watery-ish feeling I think. But I see no reason to fear 2-3mg/kg dosage, especially not sub 100mg dosages.

yerrag

I've taken 100-200mg multiple times, once I tried 270mg I think that was a bit much, made me feel like watery depressed kind of. That's milligrams not micrograms. I bought 1gram bottles of UPS grade powder. It was pricey but the only one in stock, and still way cheaper than the micrograms/drop solutions people are selling. 3-15x cheaper. Profit margins on those mb in water solution products must be great.. When I got covid I was taking around 120-170mg.

I've also eaten aged cheese I think it was parmesan while taking >120mg of methylene blue, without noticing any difference. I combined it with caffeine, with modafinil (I think with modafinil + caffeine + mb it did raise blood pressure). Maybe it does raise blood pressure or makes it not go down if that makes sense, It's like the blood pressure effect has a ceiling, because I didnt see much difference with increasing dosage.
From my experience the MAOI or serotonin risk people are saying is not super high. It could be just that was placebo for me. I wouldn't dare combine it with SSRIs or psychedelics, but for wine or aged cheese, fermented foods, I wouldn't worry, I would just start lower and increase dosage just in case.

The dosages Dr Gonzalez-Lima gave are consistent with dosages used in human research. I think the best effect was 2-4mg/kg of bodyweight per day, and if I remember Dr Gonzalez says somewhere around there, if you go higher you might reduce effectiveness and invert the effect on even higher dosages.
I couldn't find in the study that says 2-4mg/kg if they dosed it all at once or spread throughout the day.
For malaria there is a paper saying they used 35mg/kg per day with effectiveness. I imagine higher dosages could do the opposite from what you want but could for the same reason also be more anti-microbial. I speculate this based on the 35mg/kg that was used for malaria.
Gonzales also mentioned a cancer destroying protocol, by taking methylene blue, and then shinning red light only on the spot where the tumor is, I think it was for skin cancer. Maybe it could be used for other cancers because red light penetrates into the body to some length. Using red light to make the methylene blue toxic locally at the location you put the red light if I understand. So methylene blue + sun exposure or red light therapy is not good for general health?

For UTI I think it might be effective without requiring malaria level dosing, because methylene blue gets excreted through urine and I think builds up in the bladder until you take a piss in higher concentrations. When I was taking 100-200mg for a few days, then my urinary tract was burning a bit. This effect was consistent multiple times I took mb. I wonder why that is. Is it killing or promoting bacterial growth or is it directly causing the burning. For sure it is doing something at the dosages seen in the literature. My piss ranged from Turquoise blue to dark blue like the ocean.

I will say that maybe lower dosages, like 10-30miligram might have been better than higher dosages, because it did still work and maybe there was less of the watery-ish feeling I think. But I see no reason to fear 2-3mg/kg dosage, especially not sub 100mg dosages.
Thanks for sharing.

As for mb increasing BP, it is not a concern as I believe higher BP as a result of higher metabolism is only natural when increased blood circulation from increased metabolism will increase blood pressure. But with time, the body will adapt and BP will not stay high forever.

Besides, the use of mb is only for therapeutic purposes and is of limited duration.

Ritchie

I have read in a few places that MB accumulates in the body over time... Do you factor this into your dosage?

I have read in a few places that MB accumulates in the body over time... Do you factor this into your dosage?
When I took it, I didn't consider this. I bought 3-4 grams of mb. I took 100-200mg for a few days, maybe 4-6 days, then stopped for a while, then again for a few days when I felt like it, until I ran out. So I don't have experience taking this dosage for more than a week daily

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals