Information On Psychologists/Psychiatrists Or Novel Ideas On Mental Illness

mostlylurking

No proof. Lactic acid in very small amounts from the diet is irrelevant and avoiding fermented dairy which is much better tolerated is just as orthorexic as trying to live off milk and eggs.
What about the studies Ray Peat talks about concerning the high incidence of stomach cancer in Japan, brought on by the high intake of fermented vegetables? What about this? Lactate: a metabolic key player in cancer - PubMed
What about the Warburg effect? Lactic acid is inflammatory. There are all kinds of problems with it.

Mitochondria and mortality

If you are thiamine deficient, you are not able to make energy via oxidative metabolism; you get stuck making lactic acid instead of ATP and carbon dioxide. Adding any more lactic acid via diet is counter productive.

Read this article: A Role for Thiamine Deficiency in Cancer - Hormones Matter

also: Lactate Is An Oncometabolite (promotes Cancer), No Genes/mutations Needed

Last edited:

redsun

What about the studies Ray Peat talks about concerning the high incidence of stomach cancer in Japan, brought on by the high intake of fermented vegetables? What about this? Lactate: a metabolic key player in cancer - PubMed
What about the Warburg effect? Lactic acid is inflammatory. There are all kinds of problems with it.

Mitochondria and mortality

If you are thiamine deficient, you are making lactic acid instead of ATP and carbon dioxide. Adding any more lactic acid via diet is counter productive.

You can make significant amounts of lactic acid from metabolism if you have thiamine deficiency, but also if you are anemic, or have other B vitamin deficiencies. The very small amounts in foods are irrelevant and could not possibly promote cancer because a cancer metabolism is a metabolic problem that causes the body to produce high amounts of lactate.

Normal metabolism metabolizes small amounts of lactate from food not too mention the body easily metabolizes the high amounts of lactic acid we can produce from strenous exercise. OP needs to be supplementing micronutrients as is, including lots of Bs.

mostlylurking

You can make significant amounts of lactic acid from metabolism if you have thiamine deficiency, but also if you are anemic, or have other B vitamin deficiencies. The very small amounts in foods are irrelevant and could not possibly promote cancer because a cancer metabolism is a metabolic problem that causes the body to produce high amounts of lactate.

Normal metabolism metabolizes small amounts of lactate from food not too mention the body easily metabolizes the high amounts of lactic acid we can produce from strenous exercise. OP needs to be supplementing micronutrients as is, including lots of Bs.
Hello? If you have a thiamine deficiency you CANNOT metabolize the lactic acid away. Your body is busy making more. Lactic acidosis is extremely painful and just doesn't go away on its own if you are thiamine deficient. Hospital emergency rooms provide IV thiamine to deal with the problem.

If you have a thiamine deficiency you do not have normal metabolism. Maybe healthy people with adequate thiamine reserves can tolerate high lactic acid foods. Not everybody can. The lactic acid, in and of itself, is not a desirable thing to include in the diet.

redsun

Hello? If you have a thiamine deficiency you CANNOT metabolize the lactic acid away. Your body is busy making more. Lactic acidosis is extremely painful and just doesn't go away on its own if you are thiamine deficient. Hospital emergency rooms provide IV thiamine to deal with the problem.

If you have a thiamine deficiency you do not have normal metabolism. Maybe healthy people with adequate thiamine reserves can tolerate high lactic acid foods. Not everybody can. The lactic acid, in and of itself, is not a desirable thing to include in the diet.

OP has used thiamine supplementation. He is not going to just be B1 deficient. Its definitely important but the enzymes that break down alcohol are alcohol dehydrogenase (zinc and NAD dependent) and then aldehyde dehydrogenase (NAD or NADP dependent) don't directly depend on B1. Its not just thiamine, but B3 and zinc. It disrupts absorption of nutrients like B1/folate/B12/zinc, but would also be expected to deplete you of alcohol metabolizing nutrients. Thats why just B1 did not help him which has already mentioned attempting. The problem is alcohol, not yogurt. You keep saying high lactic foods, and I am just going to keep saying the amount in there is irrelevant and is not a real problem. His real problem is his drinking and poor diet and needs to be repleted.

mostlylurking

OP has used thiamine supplementation. He is not going to just be B1 deficient. Its definitely important but the enzymes that break down alcohol are alcohol dehydrogenase (zinc and NAD dependent) and then aldehyde dehydrogenase (NAD or NADP dependent) don't directly depend on B1. Its not just thiamine, but B3 and zinc. It disrupts absorption of nutrients like B1/folate/B12/zinc, but would also be expected to deplete you of alcohol metabolizing nutrients. Thats why just B1 did not help him which has already mentioned attempting. The problem is alcohol, not yogurt. You keep saying high lactic foods, and I am just going to keep saying the amount in there is irrelevant and is not a real problem. His real problem is his drinking and poor diet and needs to be repleted.
Just because he tried some thiamine and did not see instant results does not mean that thiamine deficiency is not his problem and can be ignored. I provided two videos about thiamine deficiency. Sometimes it takes weeks/months and high doses before success is achieved. I am not an expert; I provided the videos for information.

I suggested niacinamide. I suggested a b-complex. I suggested watching the videos. Zinc supplementation is tricky and best resolved by eating shellfish. If you take zinc you can easily give yourself a copper deficiency. see this: Error - Cookies Turned Off

I agree; he needs to stop the alcohol and improve his diet.

I believe the thiamine deficiency is the major issue though. It is thought to be caused by alcohol, but a deficiency/functional blockage can also be caused by medications, caffeine, the tannic acid in tea, and many other things.

I recently had my thiamine function blocked by an antibiotic, taken last August. It didn't just resolve itself and I do not drink any alcohol (or tea) and have been on an excellent, high nutrient diet for 6 years, complete with liver and shellfish weekly, along with vitamins (including 100mg of thiamine) and mineral supplements. I had a host of symptoms, including high lactic acidosis/pain, brain function issues, balance issues, and declined ability to walk normally. I have managed to resolve the thiamine "deficiency"/blockage and am now almost back to normal. I credit the daily additional 1000mg of thiamine and 1000mg of magnesium I added to my diet about a month ago.

Wernicke encephalopathy - Wikipedia Wernicke encephalopathy is not something to fiddle fart around with. If ignored it will progress to Korsakoff syndrome. see this: Serious Indicators Of Wernicke's Encephalopathy - HealthPrep.com

Perhaps you would find the videos of interest.

Last edited:

Whichway?

Twitches can be from magnesium or calcium deficiencies. You have to carefully try both at separate times, build up low and slow and see whether it helps or makes things worse. If it helps keep going, if worse stop and try the other supplement.

troubledtimes

Thanks for the info I did try b1 but only 250 MG's and sometimes 500mg with a b complex but only for a week it probably was not a good enough battle plan. Looks like I'll need to pick up a good b complex and b1 maybe B12 and magnesium and try it for a solid month

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals