Information On Psychologists/Psychiatrists Or Novel Ideas On Mental Illness

ATP

Does anyone know of any brilliant minds similar to Peat that are psychologists/psychiatrists or at least have noteworthy theories about mental illness? So far I have yet to find anything that is helpful for treating serious mental health issues.

I know of the psychiatrist Abram Hoffer, but never looked much into his ideas. But brain diseases are similar to to diseases of the whole body.

OP
ATP

ATP

I know of the psychiatrist Abram Hoffer, but never looked much into his ideas. But brain diseases are similar to to diseases of the whole body.
I have already read his work, thank you anyway for the suggestion.

Frankdee20

Dr Peter Breggin based in Ithica NY is a Harvard trained psychiatrist whose condemned antidepressants and antipsychotic overprescribing. Check out his website, and he’s got a lot of cool non MSM stories and links on there...

troubledtimes

Does anyone know of any brilliant minds similar to Peat that are psychologists/psychiatrists or at least have noteworthy theories about mental illness? So far I have yet to find anything that is helpful for treating serious mental health issues.
Yes dr Daniel amen. He looks at activity in the brain..abornal temporal lobe issues can lead to mood instability and dangerous bad thoughts. Which usually antoseizure medicines stabalize and help these type of people big time. But u don't full know until u get a brain scan like spect which is very useful. You can tailer treatment much better... Brain juries are a big reason forental illness. Thyroid and hormones yes important but when those don't work u should get a spect or pet scan. Also alot of times people have tumors or cysts the size of tennis.balls in the brain causing anything from.amxiety, divisions to anger and depression... How do I know if I don't look. Look into dr Daniel en and his video of 87000 brain scans on YouTube... It's an eye opener

lvysaur

Anything that cares about reality will be considered "mental illness"

To some extent this is true, because seeking truth necessarily puts you at odds with "normal" people who accept all the lies that were woven into the paradigm of the dominant culture.

mostlylurking

Mental health issues and learning from Ray Peat:
I've learned more from Ray Peat on how to help mental illness than from any other source. I've been extremely interested in mental health issues most my life because both of my siblings suffered from incapacitating mental illness. They were both diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in their late teens. My mother suffered from seriously debilitating depression. My father seemed to be OK, but finally died of Alzheimer's. My mother died of brain cancer. So it is reasonable for me to be tuned into mental health issues.

The polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) are a huge deal regarding brain function. My mother cooked ONLY with polyunsaturated fats. See this Ray Peat search: Programmable Search Engine

Thyroid function is key. It is blocked by PUFA. See here: Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease Also refer to this search for Ray Peat and thyroid: Programmable Search Engine If your metabolic energy level is less than adequate, your brain can't work properly.

Here is a Ray Peat search engine that will help you find answers to your questions: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless

The problem with Abram Hoffer's work, at least for me, is that he was really big on high dose niacin. It causes pretty alarming physical events, mainly from the release of histamine. Ray Peat recommends to only use niacinamide, which does not cause the histamine release issue.

I have also recently looked into thiamine because I am deficient (resulting from antibiotics). If you have a thiamine deficiency, your metabolism will be blocked so you will in effect have the same problems as if you are hypothyroid. There is an epidemic of thiamine deficiency in the western countries now and physicians think that's not true because the refined grain products are enriched with thiamine. But this epidemic is very real. If your thiamine deficiency gets bad enough, you wind up with beriberi or Wernicke Encephalopathy: Wernicke encephalopathy - Wikipedia . But you can get serious mental issues before you have full blown beriberi. Here's a video about thiamine:

and another one:

I hope you find this helpful. I know you asked for other brilliant minds besides Ray Peat, but I don't know of any as good as Peat.

troubledtimes

Mental health issues and learning from Ray Peat:
I've learned more from Ray Peat on how to help mental illness than from any other source. I've been extremely interested in mental health issues most my life because both of my siblings suffered from incapacitating mental illness. They were both diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in their late teens. My mother suffered from seriously debilitating depression. My father seemed to be OK, but finally died of Alzheimer's. My mother died of brain cancer. So it is reasonable for me to be tuned into mental health issues.

The polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) are a huge deal regarding brain function. My mother cooked ONLY with polyunsaturated fats. See this Ray Peat search: Programmable Search Engine

Thyroid function is key. It is blocked by PUFA. See here: Thyroid, insomnia, and the insanities: Commonalities in disease Also refer to this search for Ray Peat and thyroid: Programmable Search Engine If your metabolic energy level is less than adequate, your brain can't work properly.

Here is a Ray Peat search engine that will help you find answers to your questions: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless

The problem with Abram Hoffer's work, at least for me, is that he was really big on high dose niacin. It causes pretty alarming physical events, mainly from the release of histamine. Ray Peat recommends to only use niacinamide, which does not cause the histamine release issue.

I have also recently looked into thiamine because I am deficient (resulting from antibiotics). If you have a thiamine deficiency, your metabolism will be blocked so you will in effect have the same problems as if you are hypothyroid. There is an epidemic of thiamine deficiency in the western countries now and physicians think that's not true because the refined grain products are enriched with thiamine. But this epidemic is very real. If your thiamine deficiency gets bad enough, you wind up with beriberi or Wernicke Encephalopathy: Wernicke encephalopathy - Wikipedia . But you can get serious mental issues before you have full blown beriberi. Here's a video about thiamine:

and another one:

I hope you find this helpful. I know you asked for other brilliant minds besides Ray Peat, but I don't know of any as good as Peat.

had to reply especially about beri beri. did you see my video i uploaded to youtube? ive been getting spasms and twitches and basically some sort of neurological issue. and its amplified after eating carbohydrates especially refined simple carbs, sugar and caffiegne. wondering if you can send me a PM and possably help me out or give some ideas. ive tried a b1 suppliment with no luck and i dont even think half of these vitamins are even being absorbed right. if i drink alcohol in the morning its not even just bad anxiety i get full on twitching and some serious spasms... heres the video of me

redsun

had to reply especially about beri beri. did you see my video i uploaded to youtube? ive been getting spasms and twitches and basically some sort of neurological issue. and its amplified after eating carbohydrates especially refined simple carbs, sugar and caffiegne. wondering if you can send me a PM and possably help me out or give some ideas. ive tried a b1 suppliment with no luck and i dont even think half of these vitamins are even being absorbed right. if i drink alcohol in the morning its not even just bad anxiety i get full on twitching and some serious spasms... heres the video of me

Screenshot_20201219-193749_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201219-193756_Chrome.jpg

This is likely what you are dealing with. Its no mystery here you can learn about this using search engine. B1 is not enough to help, you need all the B-vitamins, and micronutrients. Alcohol is damaging your nervous system and you are looking at severe damage if you don't take steps to reduce alcohol consumption and improve your diet. A multivitamin and extra B vitamins to help repair your CNS while improving the diet and reducing alcohol.

Last edited:

Peater

I get eye twitches sometimes. It seems to be related to adequate calcium and/or B vits.

troubledtimes

View attachment 20772
View attachment 20773

This is likely what you are dealing with. Its no mystery here you can learn about this using search engine. B1 is not enough to help, you need all the B-vitamins, and micronutrients. Alcohol is damaging your nervous system and you are looking at severe damage if you don't take steps to reduce alcohol consumption and improve your diet. A multivitamin and extra B vitamins to help repair your CNS while improving the diet and reducing alcohol.
thank you muchly appreciated. i talked to my doctor and her 2 minute answer was just take klonopin which i take now. and taking klonopin i havent noticed i feel great it has a modest effect on me. needless to say i have changed doctors and have an upcoming EEG coming up. but i think you are right i think im screwing up my CNS. this all happened 2 years back i was doing okay in life and after a night of drinking i woke up shaking and it wasnt just anxiety.... there was anxiety but also these head twitches arm spasms and what you see in the video. ive also noticed i have ZERO stamina. im literally out of breath walking up stairs and around the block when i try to walk and get exercise. i have dramatically cut out the booze. and ive been eating more steamed vegtables. can you give some insight why im literally walking around the block and getting out of breath and doing these head twitches? yes even out in public after a short amount of time walking i get these head twitches and breathlessness?

redsun

thank you muchly appreciated. i talked to my doctor and her 2 minute answer was just take klonopin which i take now. and taking klonopin i havent noticed i feel great it has a modest effect on me. needless to say i have changed doctors and have an upcoming EEG coming up. but i think you are right i think im screwing up my CNS. this all happened 2 years back i was doing okay in life and after a night of drinking i woke up shaking and it wasnt just anxiety.... there was anxiety but also these head twitches arm spasms and what you see in the video. ive also noticed i have ZERO stamina. im literally out of breath walking up stairs and around the block when i try to walk and get exercise. i have dramatically cut out the booze. and ive been eating more steamed vegtables. can you give some insight why im literally walking around the block and getting out of breath and doing these head twitches? yes even out in public after a short amount of time walking i get these head twitches and breathlessness?

Well the fact that you damaged yourself with alcohol is majorly to blame. Yeh if the main thing you are eating is steamed vegetables that would be why. What about actual food you are eating? Meat, milk, eggs, starches, fruits? Where are you getting your calories? If you are not eating real food but just a bunch of junk food and vegetables, you will become a vegetable and will have severe fatigue.

Regina

Did you try inosine?
Inosine, glycine, milk, salt

troubledtimes

Milk and salt don't help... Infact milk seems to push me more toward the spasm side. Glycine and the other I have not tried. Before it was a half hazard diet now im consume eggs peanut butter that's just salt and nuts in a jar, red orange bell peppers olive oil, lean ground beef even tho it's not hormone free. I could use some healthy food ideas

mostlylurking

Alcohol depletes thiamine = thiamine deficiency.

Carbohydrates, simple carbs, sugar, and caffeine deplete thiamine = thiamine deficiency.

You look terrible. You look like my brother did. Get yourself to a neurologist, well versed in thiamine deficiency and Wernicke encephalopathy. See here: Wernicke encephalopathy - Wikipedia . If you don't fool around with this you can recover. Do not put it off. You will benefit from thiamine by IV. If I remember correctly, Haidut has said that a week of 500mg thiamine hcl orally can equal an IV of thiamine.

Get some thiamine HCL from Bulk Supplements (they're out of stock) or from Pure Bulk here: Thiamine HCl (Vitamin B1).

Try taking 1/8 teaspoon of thiamine hcl, with about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of magnesium, I use magnesium glycinate: see here: Magnesium Bis-Glycinate Powder (USA). 1/8 teaspoon = about 250 mg. Try taking the thiamine and magnesium 3-4 times a day. I've been taking about 900mg of this thiamine hcl daily for about a month; I think I'm much improved now but I'm continuing with the extra supplementation for a while more.

I am not a doctor and I do not play one on teevee. These are my opinions.

IN ADDITION: purchase some B-complex and take 1 cap a day. Here is a good one: B-Complex Plus - 60 Capsules . I don't know a lot about b-complex, I've read you should take one a day while you take more thiamine. Watch those videos I posted earlier.

Stop drinking. Stop eating peanut butter. Stop eating anything fried. Stop eating fast food. Drink milk. Eat some eggs. Focus on getting 100 grams of good protein in you every day, preferably from dairy (= 2 quarts of milk a day). Drink orange juice, preferably organic, a quart throughout the day.

Many believe that you have to go off of all sugar sources (and starch) in order to recover from a thiamine deficiency, but I did not stop drinking the OJ (the OJ is full of good things like potassium). I've read that it can take 3 months or longer to normalize thiamine utilization after becoming deficient.

I am not a doctor.

To aid in the alcohol abstinence, get yourself some niacinamide. It's in the b-complex but I don't think that's enough. Try taking 1/16 teaspoon 3-4 times a day. link: Niacinamide Powder (Vitamin B3)

redsun

Milk and salt don't help... Infact milk seems to push me more toward the spasm side. Glycine and the other I have not tried. Before it was a half hazard diet now im consume eggs peanut butter that's just salt and nuts in a jar, red orange bell peppers olive oil, lean ground beef even tho it's not hormone free. I could use some healthy food ideas
Eat what you can eat. Do not do milk if it is causing problems, you only hurt yourself more by disrupting digestion.

Simple meal is protein (chicken, beef, fish, pork, eggs, dairy if you can tolerate), carbohydrates as the side (starch of some kind usually), vegetables (optional), add saturated fats to starch as desired, with juices or water. Have fruits afterward. Peanut butter is not good food, you should not eat it. Salt to taste, pickles are good to get more salt in the diet.

Usually people tolerate fermented dairy better, like yogurts, kefir, and aged cheeses. You can try those.

mostlylurking

Eat what you can eat. Do not do milk if it is causing problems, you only hurt yourself more by disrupting digestion.

Simple meal is protein (chicken, beef, fish, pork, eggs, dairy if you can tolerate), carbohydrates as the side (starch of some kind usually), vegetables (optional), add saturated fats to starch as desired, with juices or water. Have fruits afterward. Peanut butter is not good food, you should not eat it. Salt to taste, pickles are good to get more salt in the diet.

Usually people tolerate fermented dairy better, like yogurts, kefir, and aged cheeses. You can try those.
Fermented foods are linked to cancer. They are not good for you. Lactic acid is not good for you; it is inflammatory. The Greek yogurt is strained so it is low in lactic acid.

mostlylurking

You need to educate yourself so that you can descern what are healthy choices.

Here are some suggested Ray Peat articles that will be helpful to you:
Glycemia, starch, and sugar in context keep in mind that if you have a thiamine deficiency eating sugar makes it worse. Stick to orange juice.
Ray Peat, PhD on Low Blood Sugar & Stress Reaction – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) keep in mind that if you have a thiamine deficiency you will have similar issues as being hypoglycemic because your ability to process sugar into energy in the mitochondria will be blocked. Eating sugar makes the thiamine deficiency worse. Supplementing with thiamine (and a b-complex and magnesium) can be very helpful. Potassium is helpful too, it is one of the good things in orange juice.
Gelatin, stress, longevity Great Lakes is a good brand.

Finally, here is a great search engine for all of Ray Peat's articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use it to find other topics you find of interest on your journey to achieve a healthy state.

Last edited:

redsun

Fermented foods are linked to cancer. They are not good for you. Lactic acid is not good for you; it is inflammatory. The Greek yogurt is strained so it is low in lactic acid.

No proof. Lactic acid in very small amounts from the diet is irrelevant and avoiding fermented dairy which is much better tolerated is just as orthorexic as trying to live off milk and eggs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals