Information on Overcoming Milk Allergy?

Samya

One of my friends says he has a milk allergy as everyone in his family stops producing lactase after a certain age. I'm wondering if there's any info I can share with him about how you can slowly reintroduce dairy?

I know when I tried raw milk after years of not drinking any the first glass went through me, but then I drank the rest of the litre straight afterwards without issue and think it was due to my digestive system quickly readjusting. I imagine a gradual approach like Ray has mentioned would be best but just wondering if there's any tested/recorded methodologies?

Deborah888

I've had a milk allergy my whole life, not an intolerance (although technically my digestive system also doesn't tolerate it). I tried goat's milk recently, and the allergic effect was way LESS, but still there. (Started getting wheeziness and eczema after a few days). Anyway, fwiw, you might TRY goat's milk. The taste is definitely different but I just used it in my coffee or with other foods. I probably wouldn't have had it "straight". I'd be terrified to reintroduce any cow dairy personally, but if it's an intolerance I would try it very slowly, monitoring symptoms. For my intolerances, I can handle some things in small amounts with digestive enzymes. And I use niacin (the flush-producing type) if I actually get any digestive symptoms - clears it right up for me for some reason.

I have psoriasis and I get worse from cow milk protein - like cheese, whey protein, cottage cheese etc. I can still use yogurt and other fermented products containing little ammount of protein just fine. Also goat and sheep products are fine. It is related to types of casein (alpha/beta etc.)

golder

Ray briefly mentions overcoming a milk allergy in Emma and Kitty Bloomfields Weight Loss For Women podcast released on Monday. Worth a listen.

OP
Samya

Samya

He did mention he can't even have lactose free milk but apparently goat milk is OK but hasn't tried it, so must be related to the protein as you say.

jmparret

i heard reports of small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) could cause milk intolerance. got the reference from this forum. have not been tested yet

OLLNX

SIBO goes hand in hand with lactose intolerance. I could not digest milk until I fixed my thyroid and brought my overall metabolism to a healthy level. But it took me a relatively long time. No thyroid supplementation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals