Information on Mast cell activation

Elize

Information about Mast cell activation and Histamine Food list that may be of help to someone.

Attachments

• NCCN Guidelines Version 2.2019 - Systemic Mastocytosis.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 109
  • Histamine food list.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 116

Phosphor

Another one that may be of use to people is the list at mastcell360.com. That web site also has a brain training system to relieve MCAS, which is limbic system driven.

Perry Staltic

I read an interesting hypothesis that long covid may be MCAS caused by platelets depleted of serotonin, which causes mast cells to release serotonin along with histamines in order to meet the body's need for serotonin. The histamines are of course what causes MCAS symptoms. This makes me wonder if there is a correlation between people exhibiting MCAS symptoms and people taking drugs that deplete serotonin in platelets, like SSRIs and SNRIs, among some other things.

Last edited:

amd

Mast cells can release close to 100 different chemicals (like fully active proteases) and close to 50 of those chemicals can be released by a single cell.

OP
Elize

Elize

Thanks so much to all of you for the information you are sharing. That makes me understand why I feel worse on Cyproheptadine and other seratonin lowering supplements.

Perry Staltic

Thanks so much to all of you for the information you are sharing. That makes me understand why I feel worse on Cyproheptadine and other seratonin lowering supplements.

This is where I read about depletion of serotonin and MCAS:

Simply, their theory is that COVID19 causes NAD+ depletion, some people with vitamin deficiencies, existing NAD+ depletion or genetic deficits in energy metabolism have long term NAD+ dysfunction. The body tries to make up for low NAD+ by feeding in tryptophan, which is the precursor for serotonin, causing low serotonin. Mast cells are activated locally to release serotonin instead, leading to histamine release and mast cell activation issues.

OP
Elize

Elize

Wow thank you so much for this information.

AlexR

I used to have a lot of issues with severe food allergies. A lot of it was fixed with neurofeedback which essentially trains your brain to get out of the stress response and strengthens areas of the brain associated with control. My allergies also tend to get slightly worse during stressful times, but nowhere near as bad as they were pre-treatment. I believe that it is definitely related to emotional/stress issues and an overreaction by the brain. I haven’t tried this myself, but I have heard a lot of good results from a program called DNRS, which helps calm the brain and in my opinion seems like a safer and cheaper alternative to neurofeedback. It’s also relatively cheap for a health intervention at a one time fee of 250 dollars I believe.

Serene

So niacinamide might be helpful? Havent tried it yet but I have some.

Perry Staltic

So niacinamide might be helpful? Havent tried it yet but I have some.

Not sure. That article says only niacin works

Nicotinamide, Nicotinic Riboside and Nicotinic Acid Mononucleotide and Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide and NAD+ injections are all promoted as better NAD cycle supplements but these more expensive forms either enter the NAD+ cycle at the incorrect point for this mechanism, or have their own negative effects on the coupled PARP-1 system.

Phosphor

DNRS can be helpful and there are some who have gotten over MCS with it. I found it useful but ran into a roadblock in that you have to be able to continuously come up with positive scenarios to focus on; I ran out pretty quickly, and don't have the imagination to support making them up.

I did get really fine results with Eden Energy Medicine, which was really helpful in overcoming PTSD, which is another brain plasticity effect.

Daft

This is where I read about depletion of serotonin and MCAS:

This is a brilliant lead on treating histamine issues and long covid, thanks for this! And the specification of simple niacin form is quite interesting

artist

I wonder if this could also relate to what appears to be a very common etiology, stress-induced MCAS. My impression is that as a neurotransmitter serotonin may be helpful in short-term stressful situations, in high amounts it can produce that kind of indifferent zombified tolerance that may make it possible to muddle through a crisis. For people with pathological chronic stress, perhaps mast cell proliferation and activation are mechanisms by which the body is trying to cope with it? Just a thought...

Advocate2021

Advocate2021

cyproheptadine worsened your MCAS?

Advocate2021

I read an interesting hypothesis that long covid may be MCAS caused by platelets depleted of serotonin, which causes mast cells to release serotonin along with histamines in order to meet the body's need for serotonin. The histamines are of course what causes MCAS symptoms. This makes me wonder if there is a correlation between people exhibiting MCAS symptoms and people taking drugs that deplete serotonin in platelets, like SSRIs and SNRIs, among some other things.
does cyproheptadine lower seretonin in platelets or more systemically where it would not cause more histamine? would seem counterintuitive to take cyproheptadine asw an antihistamine if this is not the case and would not make sense as an antihistamine for allergies and sensitivities.

Advocate2021

per these posted documents, aspirin is a histamine liberator? Shocked- aspirin here on the forum has been promoted as an anti-histamine and good for allergies. been using if for 15 years yet my sensitivities and allergies are worse than ever. should i stop taking it ? is this true? thoughts?

Advocate2021

Wow thank you!! cant believe it took me this long to find this. i am not far from Wichita, KS. I got chills reading this- i think i may have finally found help after a lifetime ive walking around with this!!!!!!
$14,000 not including lodging and expenses to stay in the location for 2 weeks and probably more after that for maintenance. Wow! wondering if i can do this myself with the info gleaned.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals