inflammation in neck upper lungs

Kasper

Hi guys,

This is one thing I always found strange about myself, even before I became intrested in health etc.
I've some kind of constant irritation on the upper part of my lungs/neck etc.
You don't really see it, only if I touch it with my fingers, then the skin turns red.
I'm now thinking, maybe this is coming from the thyroid. Is my thyroid inflamed ? Maybe toxic ?

Anyway. I thought. Hey red light is anti inflammatory, and I've got inflammation right there, let's put red light on that area.

This is the result from 3 min. of red light (250 watt):
KTbNX.jpg

Maybe I react to heavily on red light ?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ironically I used to experience a similar redness pattern before beginning a Peat inspired approach. It seemed worse after eating or drinking high histamine items such as fermented foods, beer or wine. I'm assuming my skin issue has resolved because I no longer have many high histamine foods in my diet and I also take an antihistamine. This may or may not be the same for you but I did want to share that experience.

mas

It is interesting that you mention histamine Blossom- I am thinking the same thing. I have had hives and skin rashes since childhood and heat really brings it out even more. I am now thinking that I have mast cells that degranulate- they give off histamine and seratonin and RP mentions mast cells in his articles.

I can get a slight redness type rash if I get too overheated under my heatlamp but it does go away quickly. I notice face redness a lot after eating in the evening. RP also mentions that nitric oxide is playing a part in the vessels and causes dilation.

I take antihistamines and benedryl like a lot of people here. Unfortunately, I can't get the cypoheptadine.

We are all trying to get a better balance and it takes patience and time to check out our patterns and if what we do creates improvement.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mas said:
It is interesting that you mention histamine Blossom- I am thinking the same thing. I have had hives and skin rashes since childhood and heat really brings it out even more. I am now thinking that I have mast cells that degranulate- they give off histamine and seratonin and RP mentions mast cells in his articles.

I can get a slight redness type rash if I get too overheated under my heatlamp but it does go away quickly. I notice face redness a lot after eating in the evening. RP also mentions that nitric oxide is playing a part in the vessels and causes dilation.

I take antihistamines and benedryl like a lot of people here. Unfortunately, I can't get the cypoheptadine.

We are all trying to get a better balance and it takes patience and time to check out our patterns and if what we do creates improvement.
I'm glad your are figuring things out for yourself too mas, it took me awhile but that's ok. That's what I like most about the forum, just sharing our experiences in case it might help someone else.

OP
K

Kasper

It does get worse with wine, I tested twice last week.

If it was histamine, what would be a good strategy ?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Kasper said:

You could check some other high histamine foods such as aged cheese. I feel like following a Peat inspired approach has pretty much put me on track to healing this issue. Anything that reduces stress should help, like a good amino acid profile, proper calcium and phosphorus ratio and the carrot salad to lower endotoxin. You may have to do a bit of experimenting with which foods seem to effect you personally. I'm not able to have leftover ox-tail broth for example unless it has been frozen because the histamine builds up with time if stored in the refrigerator. Experimenting with how a simple over-the-counter benadryl helps you might be telling as well. Just implementing a Peat inspired approach to me is the best place to start. If aged cheeses do bother you homemade cheese is an option. There are recipes on the forum. Hopefully some others will chime in as well.

OP
K

Kasper

I have studied histamine a bit, but I guess, that at least if I'm off ritalin, that than I'm very low in histamine.
I think this because, I naturally sleep very very long.
And high histamine people seem to sleep very short.
I can sleep for 10-12 hours straight, or longer if I want too.

But, I've always had a problem falling asleep. I mean, I can fall asleep at 4 o'clock in the night. And still easily sleep until 4 o'clock in the midday.
Changing diet etc, magnesium, gelatin and no computer use at night has made fall asleep constistently around 23:00- 1:00.
But I still can sleep 10-12 hours daily.
I force myself to not sleep longer than 9 hours though.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I seemed to acquire my histamine issues when I was on a med similar to Ritalin. It might be a coincidence though... My parents have the same thing and have never taken similar meds. Maybe it just sped up the development of the issue in me. If all is going well these days I no longer have the problem but if I'm under a lot of stress and have too many aged/ left over food it seems to flare up. I think I'm probably at least 20 years older than you though so I probably have had more time to become imbalanced.

Kray

Kasper said:

Hi Kasper,

Your post piqued my curiosity and interest. I have a persistent neck rash, too, plus some areas on my face and left hand. Mine is definitely more like eczema, not just a discoloration of the skin, as yours appears to be, and from how it seems you described it. Another similarity-- I have done red light, too. Since the rash seemed to spread over time, I stopped doing the red light as I wasn't sure it made things worse. However, since stopping, the rash hasn't gotten better either.

Another possibility-- I think some supplements can make the skin more sun-sensitive, especially the more exposed areas, like the face and neck. Has your rash ever itched or become raised, like hives? How long have you had it? I hope you find what is causing it-- do you plan to see a doctor?

I have no idea what mine is caused from, but I think Blossom's and others' comments about histamine are worth considering, as a process of elimination of causes. Wine could be problematic, as could other foods high in histamine.

Thanks for posting, let us know of your progress!