Infertility In Men Linked To High Estrogen

haidut

Forum Supporter
Not really surprising but some "studied" have tried to paint a link between increased androgens and infertility, so I thought this would be good post here as a counter-perspective.

Increased oestradiol level in seminal plasma in infertile men. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Seminal hormonal patterns in fertile and infertile men were investigated. Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), prolactin, testosterone and oestradiol were assessed by radioimmunoassay, and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHAS) by bioluminescence assay, on blood and seminal plasma of 23 fertile men and 83 infertile men. For fertile men, mean FSH, LH, testosterone and DHAS concentrations were lower and mean oestradiol was higher in seminal than in blood plasma; prolactin did not differ. For infertile men, mean seminal FSH and LH showed a moderate but significant increase compared with fertile men; testosterone, DHAS and prolactin did not differ but mean seminal oestradiol was significantly increased. Of the infertile men, 53% had seminal oestradiol concentration above the 90th percentile value for fertile men. The meaning of this seminal oestradiol increase is unclear since it is not known whether it is the cause or the consequence of the alteration of spermatogenesis in infertile men. Further studies are required to explore the possible therapeutic implications."

Tarmander

Thinking androgens cause infertility seems about as smart as thinking darkness causes sun burn.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thinking androgens cause infertility seems about as smart as thinking darkness causes sun burn.

I know, yet it is very commonly recited even by established endocrinologists. One of them even said that he was part of the committee that convinced FDA to ban most AAS on the count that they are the primary causes of infertility in men who used them. I forget his name, but he died recently of prostate cancer...after getting treatments with estradiol.

Tarmander

I know, yet it is very commonly recited even by established endocrinologists. One of them even said that he was part of the committee that convinced FDA to ban most AAS on the count that they are the primary causes of infertility in men who used them. I forget his name, but he died recently of prostate cancer...after getting treatments with estradiol.

Karma as they say...

In a round about way I could see how they would think AAS could cause infertility after the aromatase does its work.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

paymanz

Maybe Exogenous anderogens by shrinking testis may cause that.?!

Pulse aromatase as mentioned above.

Probably they generalize steroid abuse side effects like oxymetholone to all androgens.

Some of those synthetic steroids are not aromatasable but are shown to be estrogenic,causing gynos .

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Maybe Exogenous anderogens by shrinking testis may cause that.?!

Pulse aromatase as mentioned above.

Probably they generalize steroid abuse side effects like oxymetholone to all androgens.

Some of those synthetic steroids are not aromatasable but are shown to be estrogenic,causing gynos .

Of course you can get infertile by abusing steroids. The point is that in the absence of using any steroids all infertile men have LOW androgens (especially testosterone) and the first line of treatment in fertility clinics for males is T injections or cream. So, androgens are required for fertility and lack of them is bad for males. Abusing anything can probably get you in trouble and banning everything based on a faulty theory harms science and public health. If LSD and ketamine were not banned in the 1970s we would probably have no mental health profession and drug industry.

Dante

Of course you can get infertile by abusing steroids. The point is that in the absence of using any steroids all infertile men have LOW androgens (especially testosterone) and the first line of treatment in fertility clinics for males is T injections or cream. So, androgens are required for fertility and lack of them is bad for males. Abusing anything can probably get you in trouble and banning everything based on a faulty theory harms science and public health. If LSD and ketamine were not banned in the 1970s we would probably have no mental health profession and drug industry.
Doesn't Magnesium acts on the same receptors as ketamine but much safer than ketamine (this stuff can be really potent & dangerous from what i have heard ). Magnesium glycinate would be much better than any anti-depressant drugs or sleeping pills. I can testify to magnesium's positive influence to my sleep.

paymanz

TRT doesn't only lower T production,it shrink testis size and lowers sperm production,maybe AI can help to keep piruitary ,hypothalamus signals,LH,FSH ,GnRH.to keep testicles working.TRT alone doesn't seem to be cure.

And some of hypogonadisms can be simply caused by a nutrition deficiency ,like vitamin A!

Agree with you,just sharing thoughts.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Doesn't Magnesium acts on the same receptors as ketamine but much safer than ketamine (this stuff can be really potent & dangerous from what i have heard ). Magnesium glycinate would be much better than any anti-depressant drugs or sleeping pills. I can testify to magnesium's positive influence to my sleep.

I don't know if it acts on all the same receptors as ketamine but as far as NMDA antagonism goes they are pretty much the same. Hence, the clinical reports of rapid recovery from major depression using magnesium glycinate/taurate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals