Infection In Tooth Possibly Spreading To Gums

Lana

I am waiting on a root canal and I fear infection may be spreading to bone under teeth. Any suggestions on what to do? Until I get root canal.

boris

I always had to take antibiotics before a root canal, because the infection would make the anaesthetics useless.

boris

I took penicillin or amoxicillin for at least 2-3 days before the operation.

Kram

I would avoid getting a root canal and explore getting an implant instead.

I had an infected root canal and the only way to get rid of the infection was to have the whole tooth replaced. Your dentist and endodontist may try to convince you otherwise though (in my experience). When I had the implant done, the oral surgeon also treated the area with tetracyclines

OP
L

Lana

Try azithromycin; 500 mg once a day, for three days. It, not only kills the pathogens, there is evidence that it regrows the alveolar bone, contrary to conventional wisdom. Check out the studies below, with panoramic x-rays (before and after 6 months and 10 months) of patients.

First study is by an Australian

Error - Cookies Turned Off

Second is a Japanese study.

Third is by Americans. Full-text pdf is downloadable.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ithromycin_in_periodontal_disease_case_report

There was a scare that azithromycin may cause arrhythmia. But Josh Farkas, MD (assistant professor of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Vermont) reassures that it does not.

Myth-busting: Azithromycin does not cause torsade de pointes or increase mortality
Thank you. I am on second round of amoxicillin. Would you surmise it OK to go on arythomicin from now

OP
L

Lana

I would wait a day, for the washout of amoxycillin from the body. I do not know if there are interactions. Sixty percent of amoxycillin is excreted in 6 to 8 hours. So a 24 hour wait would wash it all completely from the body.

Can the root canal wait? Or is it the tooth really painful? It could be that the Azithromycin could kill the pathogens that produce the necessity for the root canal.
Well the first procedure of root canal has started as in he took out the nerve of the tooth and then filled it temporarily.

OP
L

Lana

Well the first procedure of root canal has started as in he took out the nerve of the tooth and then filled it temporarily.
That was a month ago. I've had to wait this long for the procedure as I had to heal my nervous system from bad reaction to Flagyl that I took initially for it.

OP
L

Lana

Try azithromycin; 500 mg once a day, for three days. It, not only kills the pathogens, there is evidence that it regrows the alveolar bone, contrary to conventional wisdom. Check out the studies below, with panoramic x-rays (before and after 6 months and 10 months) of patients.

First study is by an Australian

Second is a Japanese study.

Third is by Americans. Full-text pdf is downloadable.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ithromycin_in_periodontal_disease_case_report

There was a scare that azithromycin may cause arrhythmia. But Josh Farkas, MD (assistant professor of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Vermont) reassures that it does not.

Myth-busting: Azithromycin does not cause torsade de pointes or increase mortality

I looked at the study, it says 96 weeks of maintenance, that's not 96 weeks of arythomicin?

amd

If you get an implant, any infections would be on your gum or jaw bone.

With a root canal you still have the option of getting an implant.

And you need a crown after a root canal so it lasts more than a couple of years.

The tooth weakens and is more prone to cavities, especially between teeth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals