Infection In Gum Post Extraction

SwissFever

Had a tooth extracted the day before yesterday, think it might be infected. The pain eased off yesterday until later at night it started hurting more again and I noticed some slight dark green colour in the scab. There is some slight swelling that can be felt from cheek side and swollen lymph node on the same side (though it's been like that since the moment of extraction) I don't feel much worse than normal just very low energy but it seems slightly infected.

Not sure whether to just wait until tomorrow to see if I can see the dentist or possibly take some penicillin, I'm a bit apprehensive about doing that after some v unpleasant symptoms when taking it a month or two ago(I still have some left because I stopped taking it after a couple days). I was maybe hoping the dentist might prescribe me some clindamycin or something different to penicillin to see if I respond better to that or even if some small amount of infection is no biggie. I have a dentist in the family who said some basically exactly that - some infection is possible but you'll fight it off.

sugarbabe

Had a tooth extracted the day before yesterday, think it might be infected. The pain eased off yesterday until later at night it started hurting more again and I noticed some slight dark green colour in the scab. There is some slight swelling that can be felt from cheek side and swollen lymph node on the same side (though it's been like that since the moment of extraction) I don't feel much worse than normal just very low energy but it seems slightly infected.

Not sure whether to just wait until tomorrow to see if I can see the dentist or possibly take some penicillin, I'm a bit apprehensive about doing that after some v unpleasant symptoms when taking it a month or two ago(I still have some left because I stopped taking it after a couple days). I was maybe hoping the dentist might prescribe me some clindamycin or something different to penicillin to see if I respond better to that or even if some small amount of infection is no biggie. I have a dentist in the family who said some basically exactly that - some infection is possible but you'll fight it off.
Did you start doing the saltwater rinses yet??

SwissFever

Did you start doing the saltwater rinses yet??
Yes I started last night, they said to start not before 24hours, I started about 36. The pain & the discoloration started up just before I did my first rinse. I'm a little worried I left it a bit too long and some bacteria go in the wound

SwissFever

Just a theory but i think there might have been some latent infection already present as I had some swelling under jaw and lymph node on that side swelled up quite frequently for a while before I had this extraction and a couple of times where the nerves around the just removed tooth would be painful and ear on that side and headache. There was a chip in that tooth that I hadn't realised had developed a lot exposing the root for I don't know how long & I just thought the pain was coming from the tooth next to it that I had a root canal on a while ago. Could it possibly be that removing the tooth has made it easier for my body to get at the latent infection and now it is fighting it off?

Whichway?

Yeah pain and swelling is just a sign that your body is mopping something up. If it begins to throb you need to seek medical assistance. Before that I would be taking Vitamin C 3x day or whenever it begins to hurt, thyroid if you have some, and vitamin D and K. With rest and good nutrition your body should be able to handle it. Keep monitoring it though.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jam Human rhinovirus infection blocks SARS-CoV-2 replication within the respiratory epithelium Scientific Studies 1
L My uncle recovered after being put on Ventilator but now has a severe bacterial infection Blood Work, Labs 8
Mito Low Zinc Levels at Admission Associates with Poor Clinical Outcomes in SARS-CoV-2 Infection Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
Hugh Johnson Anti–spike IgG causes severe acute lung injury by skewing macrophage responses during acute SARS-CoV infection Scientific Studies 0
RealNeat Studying bats could have provided the best approach to COVID19 and any other "infection/disease." Animals 0
haidut CNN: The COVID-19 vaccines do not prevent infection Miscellaneous Health Discussions 33
Mito NSAIDs dampen the cytokine and antibody response to SARS-CoV-2 infection Aspirin 1
Advocate2021 Doxycycline vs. Amoxicillin? prescribed incidentally for ear/sinus infection but true goal has been to reap intestinal and other benefit Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 75
Powerblade Pancreatitis — Possibly Caused By Viral Infection? Ask For Help or Advice 3
David PS Low Ambient Humidity Impairs Barrier Function And Innate Resistance Against Influenza Infection Articles & Scientific Studies 0
ecstatichamster Study Shows Lockdowns Cause More Infection Than Not Scientific Studies 3
L Infection In Tooth Possibly Spreading To Gums Oral Health 12
N Sinus Infection From Dairy? Diet 4
P Thyroid Woes, Possible Viral Infection/desperate For Guidance Ask For Help or Advice 6
A. squamosa Sinus Infection Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 0
haidut Why Do Covid Fatalities Remain Low When Infection Numbers Are Rising? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 44
2ManyHistamines Thyroid Trial Revealing Infection? Thyroid and Hormones 0
P Skin On Fingers Shedding After Bacterial Infection Of Throat (Strep Throat?) Testimonials 5
S Unidentified Chronic Infection, Please Help Ask For Help or Advice 8
SOMO Inulin/FODMAPS For Secondary-infection After Covid19? Scientific Studies 0
md_a Fish Oil-Fed Mice Have Impaired Resistance To Influenza Infection Scientific Studies 0
L Coronavirus Infection May Cause Lasting Damage Throughout The Body, Doctors Fear Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 69
Diokine Coronavirus Infection – ACE2, UV, Tryptophan, And Hemoglobin Oxygen Binding Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 26
Mito SARS-COV-2 Infection: The Possible Preventative Role Of Methylene Blue Scientific Studies 38
md_a An Approach To Treating Patients With Severe COVID-19 Infection Scientific Studies 5
md_a Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) Drugs For Potential Repurposing Treatment Of 2019-nCoV Infection Scientific Studies 0
Cecilia L. Best Antibiotic For Tooth & Jaw Infection? Oral Health 11
Cecilia L. Thermography Findings And Jaw Or Tooth Infection Advice Please Ask For Help or Advice 1
Mito Low Serum Cholesterol Level Among Patients With COVID-19 Infection Scientific Studies 49
Bodhi Some "experts"say Anti Inflammatory Drugs Can Enhance Corona Infection Ask For Help or Advice 26
L Sanitation Conquered Infection Disease Long Before Antibiotics, Vaccines Symptoms, Causes 2
Mito Dietary Zinc Protects Against Streptococcus Pneumoniae Infection Zinc 0
Peatogenic Sexually Transmitted Infection Normalization Ask For Help or Advice 1
ddjd Best Antibiotic For A Urinary Tract Infection? Ask For Help or Advice 16
T What Would Your Recommendations Be For Gut Inflammation, Gas Formation, Infection? Ask For Help or Advice 19
T A New Peaty Theory On Varicocele - Low Grade Intestinal Infection. Need Suggestions Digestion, Gut Flora 25
jzeno Candida Auris: Mysterious Infection Labelled ‘serious Threat’ Spreading Over The Globe Miscellaneous Health Discussions 13
A.R Every Time Metabolism Speeds Up - Infection Increases? Ask For Help or Advice 8
S Can’t Get Over Sinus Infection Ask For Help or Advice 14
Vinero Hypoxia And Low Mitchondrial Function Stimulate Growth Of Chronic Infection Scientific Studies 8
M Not Sure About Sugar. First Foot Fungus Infection Ever And My Digestion Sucks More Than Ever Ask For Help or Advice 28
D Infection In Jaw Bone: Anything To Try Beside The Red Light? Ask For Help or Advice 15
haidut Artificially Lowering Blood Glucose May Cause Fatal Flesh-eating Infection Scientific Studies 12
Hans Zinc Is Useful Against HIV (any Infection Actually), Cancer And Tumors Minerals 17
Hans Red Light, Methylene Blue And Potassium Iodide Very Effective Against Drug Resistant Infection Scientific Studies 8
haidut Aspirin May Prevent / Reduce HIV Infection In Humans Scientific Studies 5
haidut Morphostasis Theory Of Immunity Confirmed - Body Treats Heart Attack Like Viral Infection Scientific Studies 7
Badger Type Of Sugar Often Found In Ice Cream Leads To Deadly Gut Infection Ice Cream 16
B Early Exposure To Multiple Vaccines Not Linked To Increased Infection Risk Articles & Scientific Studies 7
haidut Vitamin E Deficiency Increases Risk Of Tuberculosis (TB) Infection Scientific Studies 5