Inexpensive Alternatives To Energin?

Logan-

@haidut’s energin is a very good vitamin b complex, but it is quite expensive. If one uses two servings of it each day one requires spending 50 dollars a month just for the b-vitamins. Are there cheaper alternatives that are similar to haidut’s product? I know healthnatura has one, but it is still pricey.

HumanLife

Haidut said you could take Energin once every five days because that's how long it can aid in CO2 production by increasing it by 60-70% in this podcast.

johnwester130

healthnatura do a good bottle, i think the bottle is bigger so it lasts longer and saves money

OP
L

Logan-

healthnatura do a good bottle, i think the bottle is bigger so it lasts longer and saves money

For the same daily dose, health natura’s product lasts twice as long.

One bottle of energin is 25 dollars, @healthnatura’s product is 39 dollars.

Health natura’s product doesn’t contain b5. Though not essential, I would rather have it included.

Last edited:

Cirion

Haidut said you could take Energin once every five days because that's how long it can aid in CO2 production by increasing it by 60-70% in this podcast.

I heard that too, but I don't think it's enough in cases of severe B vitamin deficiency (aka, everyone that is hypothyroid). I am taking it every day and still feel I am B vitamin deficient. Charlie and others have posted some threads recently that suggest you need dosages of B1, B3 10, even 100 times more potent than Energin to alleviate deficiencies.

Health natura’s product doesn’t contain b5. Though not essential, I would rather have it included.

Unfortified nutritional yeast taken raw as 1-2teaspoons is a cheap and easy fill for B5.

I believe bee pollen is also high in B5.

dosages of B1, B3 10, even 100 times more potent than Energin to alleviate deficiencies.

What? If your piss is neon then you should likely hold off until it's back to a straw color at the very least.

Adrenaline

I'm using a plain B Complex from local pharmacy. Gives me lot of energy and it's cheap.

ExCarniv

I'm using a plain B Complex from local pharmacy. Gives me lot of energy and it's cheap.

Same, I got a pretty decent, cheap formulation and low doses per tablet from the pharmacy ,so I can take two-three per day rather than one huge unnecessary megadose.

OP
L

Logan-

Same, I got a pretty decent, cheap formulation and low doses per tablet from the pharmacy ,so I can take two-three per day rather than one huge unnecessary megadose.

The problems with those b-complexes are:

1)they don’t have the same forms of b-vitamins as Energin or healthnatura (p5p, nianiamide, r5p etc.)
2)they contain unnecessary and harmful vitamins like folate, b12, choline, inositol etc.

2)they contain unnecessary and harmful vitamins like folate, b12, choline, inositol etc.
I agree with these points.

I'm hesitant about water soluble vitamins ever since I learned that ascorbic acid and whole-food complex vitamin C act differently because the synthetic is just a chemical shell of the naturally occurring.

Hell, I'm even hesitant about fat solubles. Cholecalciferol (common D3 supplement form) can deplete vitamin A and throw off PTH leading to calcium metabolism disruption by donating too big of a sink to the body for vitamin D. There are tests to measure vitamin D storage capacity and others to measure vitamin D activity separately, but the point remains.

Retinyl palmitate is used as a topical vitamin A analog and we know it's not suitable for long term use. Isoretinoin is the oral vitamin A analog used in Accutane, and it's known to bomb gut flora to a disadvantage.

Nemo

You can always make Energin or any supplement yourself. Buy the B vitamins at purebulk.com. Get the equipment to measure properly: How To Make Your Own Supplements. Mix and use.

Personally, I will always use Energin if I can afford it because I want to pay Haidut back for the research that went into the perfect mix in Energin and his other products and for everything he has posted here.