Inevitably, death comes for us all. How will RPF honor Dr. Peat when that time comes?

schultz

He has changed the way I think and learn. I will pass these principles along to my children. I don't think Ray expects anything more

yerrag

I like the idea of having an orange tree grow from his remains and bear very healthful oranges. Ray will agree with me that they're very Peaty.

Grischbal

If he sees some threat to his health, then just increase OJ intake. He will live another 100 years

lampofred

He'll probably outlive us all. Because whereas we're all using regular coconut oil he's using hydrogenated.

gaze

in all seriousness, the social implications of him living to 110ish or longer and being mentally and physically capable would be extremely vast and it would be one of the greatest human accomplishments in history. I am very very curious to see how he ages into his 90s and 100s, it's like seeing a health experiment in real time. It's crazy how he's 85 and we just take it for granted. I dont get any impression that his mental fitness has declined at all, nor does he give any impression that he's some elderly guy. I'd say his mental capacity far surpasses mine and i'm in my late 20s. I think if anything's going to start degenerating him, is just boredom from answering the same email questions over and over again. He's basically been saying the same things for 40 years, although interviews with Danny and some other people ask him about newer and more relevant things

Last edited:

Beastmode

Also, him having a partner who I presume is healthy as well, will help keep him healthy, vital and engaged.

lampofred

in all seriousness, the social implications of him living to 110ish or longer and being mentally and physically capable would be extremely vast and it would be one of the greatest human accomplishments in history. I am very very curious to see how he ages into his 90s and 100s, it's like seeing a health experiment in real time. It's crazy how he's 85 and we just take it for granted. I dont get any impression that his mental fitness has declined at all, nor does he give any impression that he's some elderly guy. I'd say his mental capacity far surpasses mine and i'm in my late 20s. I think if anything's going to start degenerating him, is just boredom from answering the same email questions over and over again. He's basically been saying the same things for 40 years, although interviews with Danny and some other people ask him about newer and more relevant things

The main thing I am concerned about is air pollution. It's getting really bad in USA, especially in West Coast with all the wildfires, and it strongly affects cognition. But aside from that his mental processing capacity is ridiculous, it's not even close to elderly, he's faster than many young adults I know. This will sound weird but sometimes I try to visualize myself giving the same responses he gives to questions, just to understand how many details he is recalling from memory in his answers and how he is synthesizing everything together, and instantly it feels like my brain gets fried with current. But even if the air pollution gets horrendous he's sharp enough to overcome it before it really makes a negative impact on him.

gaze

The main thing I am concerned about is air pollution. It's getting really bad in USA, especially in West Coast with all the wildfires, and it strongly affects cognition. But aside from that his mental processing capacity is ridiculous, it's not even close to elderly, he's faster than many young adults I know. This will sound weird but sometimes I try to visualize myself giving the same responses he gives to questions, just to understand how many details he is recalling from memory in his answers and how he is synthesizing everything together, and instantly it feels like my brain gets fried with current. But even if the air pollution gets horrendous he's sharp enough to overcome it before it really makes a negative impact on him.
What's also interesting is that he stays in the US, where like you said there's air pollution, horrible milk, no fresh fruits. He said he drinks standard non organic fortified milk and frozen orange juice concentrate while he's in oregon, which I think comes with low serotonin because he doesn't have the neurotic "harm avoidance". He does avoid many things dont get me wrong, but it comes from a rational decision making persepctive, rather than a OCD/orthorexic type of thinking. If he was going after longevity, he'd go live in mexico or someplace with cleaner food, but he just does his best in his own situation. the people around him and his friends probsbly keep him in the US as well.

And yea, the way he speaks is insane. He seems to be in a constant flow state where he talks authentically. I can get into that state when i'm talking with my high school friends, or people im really comfortable with, and can just talk for hours being present in the moment. But the second I'm talking in class at college, or being interviewed, I stumble upon my own words and can't ever seem to speak from the heart. He basically goes on any interview and can talk for 2 and half hours with a stranger talking with extreme nuance and detail and recollection. And often he's talking about controversial and often taboo things no less. it's really impressive

Last edited:

dukesbobby777

He will obtain even more followers if he makes it that far and maintains his faculties.

PTP

By accusing the CIA and estrogen mafia of orchestrating it behind the scenes.

schultz

Yah he's getting to an age where most people would be declining rapidly. Just 5 more years should tell us a lot, but I hope he's still writing newsletters for at least another 15 years because I feel like there is just so much for me to learn still and there is definitely a lot he still needs to write about.

Hopefully some freak accident doesn't get him.

If he makes it past 100 in good mental health that would be quite amazing considering the health problems he had early in life like migraines, getting fluoroscoped at age 5, even his mother's fertility problems probably affected him. Lets not forget he didn't start, or refine, the "Peat" diet until probably middle age. So if he does make it to 100+ I think that would give hope to other people who were not necessarily the healthiest as children. He mentioned how he was the only boy in his class who was nearsighted and that only some girls in the class were as well, which I think he said was an estrogen thing.

Mauritio

Yah he's getting to an age where most people would be declining rapidly. Just 5 more years should tell us a lot, but I hope he's still writing newsletters for at least another 15 years because I feel like there is just so much for me to learn still and there is definitely a lot he still needs to write about.

Hopefully some freak accident doesn't get him.

If he makes it past 100 in good mental health that would be quite amazing considering the health problems he had early in life like migraines, getting fluoroscoped at age 5, even his mother's fertility problems probably affected him. Lets not forget he didn't start, or refine, the "Peat" diet until probably middle age. So if he does make it to 100+ I think that would give hope to other people who were not necessarily the healthiest as children. He mentioned how he was the only boy in his class who was nearsighted and that only some girls in the class were as well, which I think he said was an estrogen thing.
Exactly I think at some point he recommended even a low carb diet for something .
Peat isn't peating for as long as we think :D