Individual with extreme fatigue..need advice!

Velve921

I am working with an individual who is believed to have "asthma" by conventional doctors.

His work capacity has diminshed over the 2 months in sports...he 20 years old and I believe the accumulative effect on poor quality foods put a hault to his performance.

My mindset is hes lot the ability to meet the demands of the game. He's lost the ability to compete in a hypoxic state or lactic acid state...however, he needs to continue playing the game in order to support himself.

After checking his diet:

He is high in:

PUFA (20 - 30 grams a day, but I believe it use to be worse)
Starch (70-150 grams a day)
Thickening Agents (lactose free milks and poor quality proteins)
Phosphate (Lots of chicken, beef)

Low in:

Sucrose
Lactose (he's been made to believe he cannot digest lactose or intolerant as all foods consume in passed were process dairy)
Calcium
Glycine
Saturated fat

Does this make sense he could be suffering classic symptoms of fatigue based on information presented? Or are there specific components that can be helpful to asthma if that is the issue?

I welcome all thoughts.

Thanks for everyones support!

messtafarian

Since I've been diagnosed with several active viruses I'm going to suggest that fatigue plus asthma in a 20 year old has some kind of infectious origin, viral or bacterial. If there's no obvious bacterial problem then it really could be something viral for which the prescription is coconut oil, rest, adequate sugar and protein, low endotoxin diet and red light.

I understand this person needs to continue to play for financial reasons but if he's trying to beat an infection rest is a huge part of the cure.

barefooter

I know Peat has talked about high serotonin leading to asthma, since I think the lungs are responsible for destroying excess serotonin. Maybe something like tianeptine could be useful in the short term since it doesn't cause tiredness like cypro, and could lower serotonin possibly resulting in better respiration.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Unfortunately, he does not have the luxury of rest; however, in the past 72 hours hes decrease starch, phosphate, and PUFA immensely and increased sucrose, saturated fat and decreased overall protein from 270 to 190 a day. He's slept better and woken up with increased emotional wellness and energy is on the rise thus far. Temperatures have started to increase the past couple days and belly fat has decreased by 1mm. Could be dumping the stress response?

Also, recommending supplementation is not possible at this point.

Old diet:

4,000 kcal a day
150-200grams of starch a day
30+ grams of PUFA a day
Phosphate from grains, poor quality meat, and occassional beans
Low minerals and salt, baking soda.

New diet

4,000-5,000 kcals aday
Under 50 grams of starch a day
11 grams of PUFA a day
Sugar above 300 grams a day - lots of fruit, fruit juice, and ice cream
Higher saturated to PUFA ratio - coconut oil is at 3-5 tbsp a day by his choice. He is well aware that high consumption of coconut oil initially could cause digestive stress..so far he feels no issues.
Calcium to Phosphorus ratio not at 1:1 yet, still afraid of milk. He's not responsible enough to egg shell calcium yet.

I think you could be right on endotoxin, serotonin hypothesis. I would imagine nitric oxide could be high as its difficult to get through lactic acid scenarios.

Any more thoughts or ideas? Thanks again everyone!

Peata

He could take vitamin E to help with the pufa foods.

I take Singulair this time of year.

LucH

Ewlevy1 said:
post 113359 Or are there specific components that can be helpful to asthma
=> selenium nebulized
the excretory organs are overloaded ...
http://mirzoune-ciboulette.forumactif.o ... lenium#943 (french)
Selenium does wonders for asthma; 3 weeks time anyway ;)

I would take 2 ampoules of 2 mg selenium LABCATAL "inhalation", morning and evening
http://www.labcatal.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=11
With a nebulizer.
We need the Selenium comes to the bronchi, otherwise it will not work ...
NB: This is Dr. Klinghardt who introduced me to this approach. Very effective (return forumers).

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

In addition to ideas above.:

Can you check other minerals and vitamins in diet and see if there are some gaps?

Consider taking a look at and/or pointing him to some info on Buteyko method. Patrick McKeown focused on helping eliminate hyperventilation to get rid of symptoms of asthma (I think he may have sorted himself out first). He's also focussed on breathing training for sports.
Rakhimov also has some DIY info on the normalbreathing com site. There is a simple do-it-yourself test for hyperventilation. Hyperventilation makes asthma attacks more likely in susceptible people. McKeown has recommendations for exercises etc, eg regularly practising brisk walking while holding breath. He says if you get up to 80 steps you won't get asthma.
Practise training with mouth shut.

I think there are other factors as well that can support this - including mineral balance - eg enough magnesium or whatever one is low in.

Any food that irritates a particular person's the gut can increase serotonin.

Whether he'll do better with more starch or more sugar seems a bit variable, so worth a try, but don't assume it will be one way or the other. If going to more sugar, don't forget to get enough salt in somehow.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

All great thoughts!

I will look more into the Buteyko method.

I agree the goal is to increase mineral consumption as we move forward. He is only 20 years ol so the maturity factor will take some time. I'm hoping over time he will consider more variety of protein consumption such as liver, oysters, etc... I'm finding its difficult for most people to digest the idea of eating liver unfortunately. Which is too bad because I love it!

tara

Ewlevy1 said:
post 114722 I'm finding its difficult for most people to digest the idea of eating liver unfortunately.
Liver pate and tomato on rice crackers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals