Indians Eating Highly Inflammatory Plant Based Diet And Destroy Their Health

dreamcatcher

I think ayurveda approaches Peatdom on occasion. For example, the whole Sattvic/Rajasic/Tamasic thing more or less is Peat, if you ignore the recommendations about meat (and even then, meat is pretty terrible in excess, it's just that you shouldn't go to zero on it)

I could see the meat categorizations basically coming down to political correctness.

edit: I actually googled it again, and found this link: Peace through a Sattvic Diet - Sevenfold Path of Peace Articles - Articles - ResourcesThe Living Centre, which excludes milk as a sattvic food. Like I said, political correctness except this time pushing veganism instead of vegetarianism.
Probably some vegan nonsense. Some of the staples of the Ayurvedic diet is mung dhal-they believe it heals the gut. I doubt it.

cdg

I think ayurveda approaches Peatdom on occasion. For example, the whole Sattvic/Rajasic/Tamasic thing more or less is Peat, if you ignore the recommendations about meat (and even then, meat is pretty terrible in excess, it's just that you shouldn't go to zero on it)

Milk, Honey and Ghee where/are the most sacred and healing foods... and meat was allowed on occasion. https://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/concepts/meat-eating.asp - Peaty indeed!

yerrag

Use of PUFAs for cooking isn't endemic to Indians, so there is more to it than just the oil.

lvysaur

Some of the staples of the Ayurvedic diet is mung dhal-they believe it heals the gut. I doubt it.
I eat mung beans with no issue. It's whole black beans and black eyed peas that give me problems, although I think any bean is okay if sprouted. Again, this is pretty consistent with the idea that smaller lentils are more digestible than large ones, which I remember reading on some Ayurvedic website.

Milk, Honey and Ghee where/are the most sacred and healing foods... and meat was allowed on occasion. https://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/concepts/meat-eating.asp - Peaty indeed!

yeah, I think the vegetarian thing happened 1000 years ago or something? I wonder if it even had a religious nature at all--or if it was simply a reaction to food shortages, dressed up with religion.

Use of PUFAs for cooking isn't endemic to Indians, so there is more to it than just the oil.

If the food I've had is anything to go by, Indian is some of the worst. Asian food is pretty high in terms of PUFA percentage, but low in total fat, while western food is relatively high in saturated fat. Indian food is often drenched in oil, with lots of fried stuff.

Israelis also have a very high PUFA consumption, would be interesting to compare the two.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

I eat mung beans with no issue. It's whole black beans and black eyed peas that give me problems, although I think any bean is okay if sprouted. Again, this is pretty consistent with the idea that smaller lentils are more digestible than large ones, which I remember reading on some Ayurvedic website.

yeah, I think the vegetarian thing happened 1000 years ago or something? I wonder if it even had a religious nature at all--or if it was simply a reaction to food shortages, dressed up with religion.

If the food I've had is anything to go by, Indian is some of the worst. Asian food is pretty high in terms of PUFA percentage, but low in total fat, while western food is relatively high in saturated fat. Indian food is often drenched in oil, with lots of fried stuff.

Israelis also have a very high PUFA consumption, would be interesting to compare the two.
According to the WAP org, relying on these beans as staple and without soaking them will deplete your body of various minerals.

DaveFoster

Well, Indians use spices not like "a pinch of cayene to give a kick". Almost any Indian dish recipe calls for 2 TBS garam masala, 1 TBS cumin, 1 TBS coriander, 1TBS of turmeric and many more tablespoons of various spices and herbs depending of what Indian state a dish from. All together it creates a highly bio-active mix with chaotically unpredictable metabolic result even short-term.

I would ban almost any and would carefully search studies on every herb, plant or spice one would like to use even on rare occasion. Why? Liver enzymes inhibition as first thing coming to my mind. So addition of just one herb could change the way other herbs metabolized. Creates many interconnected metabolic cascades.
If you banned Indian spices, you would miss out on the most delicious food on the planet: chicken tikka masala.

If you banned Indian spices, you would miss out on the most delicious food on the planet: chicken tikka masala.

Ive spent years in India, Im a big fan of Indian food. Hardest part for me was giving dal-based things up, dal fry, dal tadka, dal makhani.

yerrag

Ive spent years in India, Im a big fan of Indian food. Hardest part for me was giving dal-based things up, dal fry, dal tadka, dal makhani.
How did you come to your conclusion that the various spices used in Indian cooking affects adversely the liver detoxification process? There may be a grain of truth to it, as I've read of how turmeric speeds up the stage 1 detox process, to the extent that the stage 2 process is hard put to keep up, or something to that effect.

But being someone who has battled, and continue to battle the effects of heavy metals (done with mercury, working on lead), I also wonder whether all the spices used are free from heavy metals. Given that testing for heavy metal toxicity correctly isn't something available for a large part of the world, and only diagnosed by naturopaths and not conventional doctors, it's possible that Indians are suffering and dying from its effects. They are heavy users of spices, much more than any culture, and heavy metal contamination from use of spices could be the cause.

cdg

I'm following some hair mineral analysis guys and one of them posted this:

HEALTH: The Indian Paradox: Heart Disease and Indians | SILICONEER | OCTOBER 2013

All this htma guys btw are anti sugar and more for a mostly animal based diet with much organ meat and claim folks that eated like that were the healthiest long living people ever.
I'm still not sure about that sugar thing.

No paradox here: An adverse coronary risk profile has been reported amongst rural-to-urban migrant population living in urban slums undergoing stressful socio-economic transition. These individuals are likely to have low intakes of folic acid and vitamin B12,which may have an adverse impact on serum levels of homocysteine (Hcy). To test this hypothesis,we studied serum levels of Hcy in subjects living in an urban slum of North India and healthy subjects from urban nonslum area. Extracted from: High Homocysteine Due to Low B Vitamins - Share The Wealth

lvysaur

According to the WAP org, relying on these beans as staple and without soaking them will deplete your body of various minerals.
well yeah, sprouting requires soaking. I sometimes soak the mung beans, sometimes not. Phytic acid has its benefits as well, and is a synergistic antibiotic like some other compounds (acetic, citric, capric acid, etc)
No paradox here: An adverse coronary risk profile has been reported amongst rural-to-urban migrant population living in urban slums undergoing stressful socio-economic transition. These individuals are likely to have low intakes of folic acid and vitamin B12
It's also the most vegetarian place on earth, I'd imagine that has to be one of the primary issues. This documentary about people who catch and eat field rats has them looking fairly healthy.

Last edited:

lampofred

The current Indian diet is more based on culture than Ayurvedic principles. Traditional Ayurveda is obscured under all these new-age, veganism/vegetarianism promoting websites that promote a combination of Indian culture and Western beliefs ("sugar is bad!") instead of actual Ayurveda.

Traditional Ayurveda freely recommends the consumption of meat to build strength, does not recommend dal/lentils, and states the most nourishing food for humans to consume is milk, followed by ghee, oranges, honey, and almonds (which is surprisingly really similar to Peat's staples except for the almonds). Excessive use of spices is stated to lead to bad health, and vegetable oils are called unfit for human consumption.

yerrag

The current Indian diet is more based on culture than Ayurvedic principles. Traditional Ayurveda is obscured under all these new-age, veganism/vegetarianism promoting websites that promote a combination of Indian culture and Western beliefs ("sugar is bad!") instead of actual Ayurveda.

Traditional Ayurveda freely recommends the consumption of meat to build strength, does not recommend dal/lentils, and states the most nourishing food for humans to consume is milk, followed by ghee, oranges, honey, and almonds (which is surprisingly really similar to Peat's staples except for the almonds). Excessive use of spices is stated to lead to bad health, and vegetable oils are called unfit for human consumption.
How did that get mucked up beyond recognition? How did Indian traditional health culture devolve to this boatload of ***t? And how was China still able to hold on to TCM? Perhaps the years of British colonialism did the damage, just as how the British colonizers (mostly the imperialist trading houses) forced upon China opium and spurred the Boxer Rebellion in China.

cdg

How did that get mucked up beyond recognition? How did Indian traditional health culture devolve to this boatload of ***t? And how was China still able to hold on to TCM? Perhaps the years of British colonialism did the damage, just as how the British colonizers (mostly the imperialist trading houses) forced upon China opium and spurred the Boxer Rebellion in China.

Yes indeed, like most of the world Indians love imitating Western culture... and consider anything indigenous inferior. Sadly some Westerners are more proud of Indian culture than the Indians! Here is a fantastic documentary where the British cut of the hands of the Ayurvedic practitioners because they competed with there so called modern medicine!

CLASH

@lampofred

Can you send me the source for your statement about Ayurveda? I’m actually interested in reading about it; not trying to call you out. If the traditional ayurveda supports those dietary practices that’d be pretty interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals