Indians Eating Highly Inflammatory Plant Based Diet And Destroy Their Health

mujuro

My paramedic cousin said if you get a call out for a heart attack and the person is Indian, don’t bother rushing because they’re already dead.

RisingSun

I'm following some hair mineral analysis guys and one of them posted this:

HEALTH: The Indian Paradox: Heart Disease and Indians | SILICONEER | OCTOBER 2013

All this htma guys btw are anti sugar and more for a mostly animal based diet with much organ meat and claim folks that eated like that were the healthiest long living people ever.
I'm still not sure about that sugar thing.

You are talking about Indians from India?

Highest rate of diabetes in the world, not sure how that makes them "the healthiest long living people ever"

biffbelvin

You are talking about Indians from India?

Highest rate of diabetes in the world, not sure how that makes them "the healthiest long living people ever"

He's saying that the hair mineral analysis guys believe a mostly animal-based diet leads to a healthy long-lived population. They're using this article to validate that view.

From what I understand about Indian cooking, they use a lot of free oils. So whilst the basic ingredients might be low fat the actual fat% is awful.

aquaman

India has also shifted hugely from using predominantly ghee (clarified butter) for all cooking, to using “healthier” PUFA vegetable oils.

The shift has been happening since 60s/70s roughly (ie a bit later than USA), so it’s no surprise that heart disease is increasing now.

There are also many hundreds of millions who still do not have running water, sewage/sanitation systems, there’s huge air pollution etc. They also still follow the caste system, so there is a huge amount of societal oppression.

Edit: the same is true for Indian cooking in western societies. In UK, it used to be that all Indian restaurant food was cooked with ghee. But nowadays, it’s alnost exclusively vegetable oil because of the “health” propaganda.

I was watching an Indian cooking show recently in UK and the presenter said “we can use ghee or vegetable oil, but of course vegetable oil is healthier”.

Dave Clark

I remember an interview with Dr. Rowan. He and his wife went to India to do some work, and found all this heart disease in the area he was working. He was perplexed because he didn't understand how this could be considering their good diet. When he investigated it, he found they switched from coconut oil in their frying to vegetable oil , because the people there are mostly poor and the vegetable oil was offered to them cheaper.

Oil is far far cheaper than ghee. Every third world country today uses cheap pufa oil in quantities unheard of in the past because of the low cost.

tankasnowgod

There are also many hundreds of millions who still do not have running water, sewage/sanitation systems, there’s huge air pollution etc. They also still follow the caste system, so there is a huge amount of societal oppression.

That right there. Improvements in sanitation and sewage are one of the underrated improvements in health and lifespan that there have been. Plumbers and garbagemen are bigger heroes than your average doctor (especially if that doctor is on the take from the like of big pharma or GE).

There is a big piece of puzzle missing. My observations are about Indians in India, so Im not sure how accurate it applies to US Indians. They eat ridiculous amount of highly biologically active spices and herbs. Amount of capsaicin alone could account for high rate of diabetes and obesity in India, it is an insulin secretogouge, combined with high starch meal it wreaks havoc. A lot of deep fried junk like samosa or puri. I agree wit @aquaman worst piece of it is traditional ghee being substituted by soy or peanut oil.

somuch4food

They eat ridiculous amount of highly biologically active spices and herbs. Amount of capsaicin alone could account for high rate of diabetes and obesity in India, it is an insulin secretogouge, combined with high starch meal it wreaks havoc.

Can you elaborate on that? Are there spices/herbs that you would ban from a diet when trying to up metabolism?

Can you elaborate on that? Are there spices/herbs that you would ban from a diet when trying to up metabolism?
Well, Indians use spices not like "a pinch of cayene to give a kick". Almost any Indian dish recipe calls for 2 TBS garam masala, 1 TBS cumin, 1 TBS coriander, 1TBS of turmeric and many more tablespoons of various spices and herbs depending of what Indian state a dish from. All together it creates a highly bio-active mix with chaotically unpredictable metabolic result even short-term.

I would ban almost any and would carefully search studies on every herb, plant or spice one would like to use even on rare occasion. Why? Liver enzymes inhibition as first thing coming to my mind. So addition of just one herb could change the way other herbs metabolized. Creates many interconnected metabolic cascades.

D

Deleted member 5487

Every watch "Food for my village" type videos.

Where indians cook for their village. Huge Stainless steal pit, the first thing they add is like 5 cups of PUFA.

Go to the 5:50 mark. Potato chip breaded deep fried at too low of heat

Hazarlar

From --->
Ayurvedic Uses of Spices: Incredible Powerhouses of Medicinal Benefits! | CA College of Ayurveda

"One of the most important uses for spices is to kindle our agni (digestive fire) - which is imperative for proper digestion. And proper digestion is critical for optimal health, since everything we eat will either become the tissues of the body or toxins called “ama” - and the determining factor is the strength of our agni. Spices help to regulate agni, and thus help to ensure that we properly digest the foods that we eat. So use them liberally in your cooking! Food should never be bland, because bland food is hard to digest. Enjoy delicious spices and know that you’re giving your digestive fire an important boost!"

---

In chinese tradition, spices are good for unnecessary humidity in the body.

All traditional types of medicine are culturally bound and and IMO easier to ignore then separate rational from cultural.

cdg

+1
I've studied Ayurvedic medicine in the past but I no longer fully believe in its principles.

That's mainly because much of the Ayurvedic medicine has been contaminated with modern rubbish. Traditional Ayurveda is pretty much gone. Just like Asnas that are now called Yoga and is the modern fad...etc.

lvysaur

I've studied Ayurvedic medicine in the past but I no longer fully believe in its principles.
I think ayurveda approaches Peatdom on occasion. For example, the whole Sattvic/Rajasic/Tamasic thing more or less is Peat, if you ignore the recommendations about meat (and even then, meat is pretty terrible in excess, it's just that you shouldn't go to zero on it)

I could see the meat categorizations basically coming down to political correctness.

edit: I actually googled it again, and found this link: Peace through a Sattvic Diet - Sevenfold Path of Peace Articles - Articles - ResourcesThe Living Centre, which excludes milk as a sattvic food. Like I said, political correctness except this time pushing veganism instead of vegetarianism.

reading all of the above, it's now crystal clear that the plants and fruit-sugar thing caused the increased death rate as per OP's conclusions

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals