Index of refraction PUFA

Lejeboca

I found this study today about methylene blue and its potential to be used as a sunscreen, I was under the impression it made you more sensitive to sun burn?

Ultraviolet radiation protection potentials of Methylene Blue for human skin and coral reef health​

Thanks for the find! Apparently MB has a dual action as sunscreen: minimizes absorption of UV's and skin damage/ROS.
From the Discussion section:
"We found that MB treatment reduced the overall levels of DNA double strand breaks caused by UVB irradiation and increased cell survival rate (Figs. (Figs.1,1, ,2).2). Absorption spectroscopic analysis revealed that MB has a broad-spectrum light absorption range covering from UVA, UVB to UVC wavelength (Fig. (Fig.3A).3A). Thus, MB has the desired abilities of both UVB blocking and DNA damage mitigation. It not only absorbs UVB but also reduces the DNA damages induced by UVB, thereby promoting cell survival post UVB irradiation."

I found illuminating their results---tacked away in the middle of the paper---on the skin anti-aging effects of MB as ROS scavenger. Not to divert from this thread's topic, I posted them in Methylene Blue DIY Skin Cream? .

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Interesting. Perhaps this is why (due to MB absorbing the UV light) people observed their hair becoming completely white once they pre-treated it with MB before showering? Methylene blue makes hair completely white. Why?
It could be, it could also be its effect on MAO effecting serotonin, the surface of the hair or skin could be more sensitive to MB effect on MAO, the hair is an open protein so it could have expression of MAO?

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Im starting to read about optogenetics, really spooky what can be done, adds more confirmation the importance of light in Peats analysis.
I think overall its more of the same, specificity of treatments, atomist viewpoints, specific genes etc, no mention of overall light coherency, still it's dangerous.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb07TLkJ3Ww

Optogenetics is a biological technique to control the activity of neurons or other cell types with light. This is achieved by expression of light-sensitive ion channels, pumps or enzymes specifically in the target cells. On the level of individual cells, light-activated enzymes and transcription factors allow precise control of biochemical signaling pathways.[1] In systems neuroscience, the ability to control the activity of a genetically defined set of neurons has been used to understand their contribution to decision making,[2] learning,[3] fear memory,[4] mating,[5] addiction,[6] feeding,[7] and locomotion.[8] In a first medical application of optogenetic technology, vision was partially restored in a blind patient.[9]

Optogenetic techniques have also been introduced to map the functional connectivity of the brain.[10][11] By altering the activity of genetically labelled neurons with light and using imaging and electrophysiology techniques to record the activity of other cells, researchers can identify the statistical dependencies between cells and brain regions.[12][13]

In a broader sense, optogenetics also includes methods to record cellular activity with genetically encoded indicators.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals